The Lovely Bones [2009] (Review)

DfgDfg Admin
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities

I actually wrote the full review but I decided not to post it here. I will keep this short and sweet. This movie got me off guard and it really moved me. The acting was top notch and Peter Jackson did a phenomenal job with the movie. I loved the special effects and the feel of the movie.

I didn't read the book but now after watching this I am really interested in it. It packs a powerful punch and should be watched with an open heart. If you're human and have lost someone IRL you will cry in some scenes.

I will definitely recommend this movie to everyone but the majority of Totse users might not like it. Do not compare this with the book because you won’t enjoy this movie then. Props to Saoirse Ronan her acting was awesome.

Comments

• EppillusEppillus Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I haven't actually seen it, as the review I read said it looked beautiful but didn't quite work conceptually; claiming too much attention had been paid to detail. Though I am willing to overlook the bias of critics and watch it myself, as others have recommended it also.
  • wasjoshwasjosh Regular
    edited July 2010
    Seen/read.

The book was okay, and the movie was about the same.

Sad story, praying on people's emotions is nothing new though I guess...
  • Gorilla GutsGorilla Guts Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    the girl was pretty hot.
  • wasjoshwasjosh Regular
    edited July 2010
    the girl was pretty hot.

The pedo wasn't so bad himself.

How many hours after death would you bang her?
    edited July 2010
    until the body cooled off. i remember i worked with this girl who looked similar to her and told her so. then i was talking later how i wanted to bang the chick in the movie and she heard, then winked at me.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    until the body cooled off. i remember i worked with this girl who looked similar to her and told her so. then i was talking later how i wanted to bang the chick in the movie and she heard, then winked at me.

Nice,

Ahem, I actually wanted to fuck that chic in the movie. I listened to the book but the first chapter was a bit TOO much for me.
  • wasjoshwasjosh Regular
    edited July 2010

Just curious, how do you work: "I'd bang you until the heat dispersed from your dead corpse." gently, into a conversation?
    edited July 2010
    very carefully. this girl is maybe one of the hottest girls ive ever seen in my life too.