Bioshock Series

StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
edited March 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I personally am a fan of the Bioshock series. Unfortunately my copies of both the console games were stolen this past May before I could beat the first one more than once. Luckily that is what I got for Xmas. There is a new Bioshock comming out in 2012 called Bioshock Infinite which will not take place in Rapture and I am very excited to play it. However, in case you didnt know, there is an online game which fits in between Bioshock 1 and 2. It was called There's Something in the Sea. It is a flash game that is very basic. It plays very much like Myst. The character you control is mentioned in Bioshock 2 which is evidence that it was made by essentially the same people. So if you're a Bioshock or Myst fan please enjoy There's Something in the Sea

Comments

• kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited December 2010
    I need to get Bioshock and play it again as it was awesome I went for the good ending.. I still want to do it without dying on hard..

Got Bioshock 2 for Christmas which I am looking forward to playing..
  • edited December 2010
    I've played a bit of the first game and didn't really get anywhere with it. It didn't really appeal to me as much as it does to some people, and I'm not sure why. Maybe I'll give it another go though.
  • BitterConflictBitterConflict Regular
    edited December 2010
    I love the bioshock series.

Has anyone played Minerva's Den yet? If so, tell me how it is.
  • BitterConflictBitterConflict Regular
    edited December 2010
    This series is beyond belief. I think their games will still be near perfect without the story mode.

I felt like they were reaching for number 2.

Number 1 is by far one of the best games I've played.

Just the psychotic elements mixed with wrpg and fps gameplay. Got my attention already.

*sigh speaking of wrps i miss my jrpgs :(
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited December 2010
    I have not played Minerva's Den but as soon as I get my Xbox back online I'll be sure to download it. I'm gale they actually added more gameplay to the second game instead of just some extra plasmids.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited December 2010
    bioshock is my favorite series of this gen by far. when it first came out i kind of snuffed it bc i was put off by the demo. it wasnt until this summer when i sat down and played through it that i really enjoyed it. give the game some time, it will grow on you.
  • busxbusx Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    Bioshock was simply incredible, it's no surprise at all that it won several game of the year awards. Bioshock 2 was also very very good, but it didnt compare to the first IMO. I'm very excited for Bioshock: Infinite because of the new environment. There is so much they can do with a city in the sky and I am looking forward to seeing what they come up with.