Sleeping is a chore.

edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I really dislike the fact that I have to go to sleep everyday or otherwise face the next day feeling like a wreck. I feel like the days are going way too quickly, and that I don't get enough hours out of them. I end up staying up really late, then waking up late the next day as a result and wasting even more hours :facepalm:

I would really like it if humans didn't have to sleep. I would love to be able to recharge myself by just sitting down, or drinking some water, or something like that. Then there would be more time to do other things. I hate wasting those hours at night sleeping, when I could be doing other cool shit like being on Totse or doing other productive things.

Urgh, I dunno.

Comments

• KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited January 2011
    I usually sleep 4-5 hours. Do that enough and you'll eventually get used to it. The key is snacking throughout the day rather than eating big meals (at least it is for me).
  • edited January 2011
    I usually sleep 4-5 hours. Do that enough and you'll eventually get used to it. The key is snacking throughout the day rather than eating big meals (at least it is for me).

I'm still fairly young, I can sleep for a fairly long time. Usually, if I go to sleep without an alarm then I'll sleep for 9 hours. When I go to bed on a college night, I only get about 7 hours sleep because I usually hit the hay at around midnight, waking up at 7am.

After only sleeping 7 hours, I'm tired as fuck every single day :(

And I still hate sleeping.
    edited January 2011
    "I'm still fairly young"

what the fuck do you think I am? 40? :mad:
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited January 2011
    I love sleeping, it is fucking awesome.
  • edited January 2011
    "I'm still fairly young"

what the fuck do you think I am? 40? :mad:

Not at all dude :D I still think you're older than me though, you seem to be very knowledgeable and wise in certain areas which I wouldn't expect from someone of my age.

Who knows though, you could potentially be 10 years old. I've never seen your face :D
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited January 2011
    I had written a step by step guide on smoking meth, but the stupid fucking internet dropped out.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    Well, the only good thing about sleeping is feeling warm and dreaming.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    If I'm having an off day, I look forward to sleeping. My dreams always please me. I get superpowers, dammit :D
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited January 2011
    The only thing sleeping is good for is passing up the time, and I can find loads of things to do better than that. (weed)
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah sleeping is like time travel.
  • SemSem Regular
    edited January 2011
    It has it's ups and downs although lucid dreaming rocks.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't sleep for shit anymore. I always had weird sleep habits, but in the unit I was in we were pretty much conditioned to live off of 3 hours of sleep for every two days. For pretty long periods of time. My already crappy sleeping habits got even worse.

I do love sleeping when I get around to it though.
    edited January 2011
    Sem wrote: »
    It has it's ups and downs although lucid dreaming rocks.

That. I only dream about 2x a year, but when I do it's a lucid dream. Funny story, last time I had a lucid dream I had to take a piss, and I walked into the dream bathroom.

I pissed myself. :facepalm:
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited January 2011
    I need to learn how to lucid dream. It sounds awesome.
  • strapped felonstrapped felon Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    Vizier wrote: »
    Yeah sleeping is like time travel.

Going under anesthesia for surgery is like time travel, I had that for the first time the other day and the 4 hours I was under felt like 1 second.
  • edited January 2011
    Going under anesthesia for surgery is like time travel, I had that for the first time the other day and the 4 hours I was under felt like 1 second.

I remember having my wisdom teeth pulled, I had a shot and woke up a few hours later talking to my mom with weird feeling stitches in my mouth.
  • xxombiexxombie Regular
    edited January 2011

Getting put under to get my tonsils out is probably the coolest thing I've ever experienced. All I remember is lying on the table with a bunch of doctors staring down at me. Suddenly I start feeling so goddamn high and start laughing hysterically cause I'm in a room of doctors high as fuck. Next thing I remember is waking up in room full of distraught women with some nurse talking to me.
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited January 2011
    I had written a step by step guide on smoking meth, but the stupid fucking internet dropped out.

This just do tonnes of meth to the point that you start to think your fridge is stealing your stash and then you punch your way inside it...
  • edited January 2011
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    I need to learn how to lucid dream. It sounds awesome.

Learn it. It's possibly the most amazing way of dreaming ever. I'm getting pretty good at it now, I can often recognize when I'm dreaming and change it into a lucid dream, and even if I wake up from it then I can go back to sleep and have another one.

It's just so amazing being able to do what you want.