Fire-safe cigarettes...

proudclod9proudclod9 Regular
edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
So, from what I understand, they put in EVA to reduce the rate which they burn, or something like that.

I guess I should start rolling my own, or quit. Because this is some bullshit.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Never heard of them, but they sound retarded. How can a cig be "fire safe"? :facepalm:
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited December 2010
    If you dont take a drag every so often, they put themselves out.
  • edited December 2010
    If you dont take a drag every so often, they put themselves out.

No way. That's pretty interesting, yet pretty lame. The people who burn their houses down from forgetting that they're smoking probably deserve it anyway.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited December 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    No way. That's pretty interesting, yet pretty lame. The people who burn their houses down from forgetting that they're smoking probably deserve it anyway.

The ciggarettes my mom smokes are like that, and I have to hear her bitch all the time.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited December 2010
    smoke your cig harder.
  • proudclod9proudclod9 Regular
    edited December 2010
    yeah, what's next--drown-proof water?
  • edited December 2010
    So, rolling your own cigs seems like the way forward - right?

The only thing I don't like about that is that they seem to burn way quicker.
  • homeslice4700homeslice4700 Regular
    edited December 2010
    I been smoking pack a day of marlboro reds for the last 7 years and I never noticed a difference

fire_safety.jpg&t=1
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited January 2011
    I remember when they first hit Fon Du Lac, WI. I got a pack of reds and noticed the burning plastic on the cigarette and quit for two weeks until my girlfriend's dad came up from down south with two cartons of non FSC newports.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited January 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Never heard of them, but they sound retarded. How can a cig be "fire safe"? :facepalm:

Shit taste like fucking plastic. They started this shit in 2009 and it pretty much is mandatory for nearly all 50 states. Let me tell you, if you don't notice the difference in the taste of the cigarette (plastic like now) you obviously were never a daily smoker. They taste like complete shit and I noticed it right away when they switched.

I find the cherry gets flicked off much easier for some fucking reason, packed or unpacked, and it actually forces you to smoke faster.

The SOLE reason they did this was to prevent dumbasses from passing out with lit cigarettes burning the place down. The 5 people a year that do this forced us into another act of tyranny by our government.
  • edited January 2011
    Has this been implemented anywhere other than the USA?
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    ay does the rolling tobaco Bali Shag have this in it. or bugler for that matter. i wana know because thats what i smoke. Also to make a cig burn slower is to moisten the tabaky (water is fine but iv put mango nectar from th can into weed and it tasted like mango when smoked)more before you roll it and smoke it.