when doing pullups...

evil_monkeyevil_monkey Acolyte
edited January 2011 in Life
I feel like I'm using my right side to pull myself up more than my left side, I feel the same way with pushups sometimes too.

How can I even this out so that both sides are working equally?

Comments

• DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited October 2010
    I feel like I'm using my right side to pull myself up more than my left side, I feel the same way with pushups sometimes too.

How can I even this out so that both sides are working equally?

Ive got the same problem so I look foward to the answers. I thought I was the only one.:o
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited October 2010
    Maybe try installing the pullup bar at an incline :o
  • AlbinoEthiopianAlbinoEthiopian Regular
    edited October 2010
    It is because everyone is naturally stronger on the side that they use more. Try more isolation exercises with dumbbells to try and even it out as much as you can. If you want to fix the pull up problem (depending on what kind of pull ups you are doing, wide grip etc.) work on the muscles that you use to perform that exercise.

Say I'm doing wide grip pull ups, with my hands facing away from me. I am mostly using my back and biceps to perform the exercise. So do other isolation exercises and make sure you use the same amount of weight and equal amount of reps for each arm/side that you are working on.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited October 2010
    Fap with your other hand.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited October 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »

This x 9000 :o
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited October 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »

Ive recently started doing this when I noticed my right arm was bigger than the left even with working out:(
  • stresstres Regular
    edited October 2010
    During the actual exercise try extending your dominant arm further then the weaker one? might work,..
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited October 2010
    Fap
    with
    the
    other
    arm
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2010
    It's natural. Usually my right arm takes much of the load. You just have to position your left in a position that balances the load.
  • OndOnd Semo-Regulars
    edited October 2010
    I personally wouldn't fuck around with alternative inclinations or imbalanced weights. Keep working out as you normally do, this discrepancy will diminish over time.
  • speedfeedspeedfeed New Arrival
    edited January 2011
    I wouldn't worry about it much, it's a negligible difference, you can try to concentrate on using the weaker side more, but it won't make that much difference. You'll notice it when you get tired no matter what. Besides don't look at it as having a weaker side, just look at as having a stronger side.