-= A Message From -SpectraL

2»

Comments

• fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited January 2011
    At least 5.56 is generating discussion in W&C.
  • LuxJigabooLuxJigaboo Regular
    edited January 2011
    -SpectraL wrote: »
    NOTICE: If Zok, zos, Vladie, 5.56 or wires lands even a foot here, High Command must be alerted at once. You are now being returned to your regularly scheduled programming.

Yeah, yeah, but we have to let them post freely here or we will be just as bad as them.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    fanglekai wrote: »
    At least 5.56 is generating discussion in W&C.

True. And thats a good thing but he is still a moron who dosn't know shit about guns.
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, but that's a way people can learn. More posting = good imo.
    edited January 2011
    True. And thats a good thing but he is still a moron who dosn't know shit about guns.

That is why totse is so great. 5.56 is free to be a moron, and you are free to call him a moron. If you try something like that on zoklet, 5.56 will probably just move or delete your posts.
    edited January 2011
    vozhde wrote: »
    That is why totse is so great. 5.56 is free to be a moron, and you are free to call him a moron. If you try something like that on zoklet, 5.56 will probably just move or delete your posts.

Exactly. For example I can straight tell Dfg he's a filthy camel fucking paki and not get banned. Try insulting zok or wires:rolleyes:Zoklet is such a shit hole. I'm actually glad 5.56 is posting here just so I can show him how little he knows about guns.:hai:
    edited January 2011
    And you're doing it in a way where he can't ban you. That's the best part :o
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, yeah, but we have to let them post freely here or we will be just as bad as them.

Theres no need to worry. Its amazing how little the community needs to be controlled if you dont control them
    edited January 2011
    Getting Spectral here is win. One by one all of zoklets good members are leaving. I visited there today and it literally is nothing but drama and kidiots.
  • edited January 2011
    Getting Spectral here is win. One by one all of zoklets good members are leaving. I visited there today and it literally is nothing but drama and kidiots.

Me too. I was bored, and figured I might be able to troll or something there. I logged in, and was so overwhelmed by shit that I forgot all about posting, and went on to reading reams of crap. Someone made a totse.info thread there, and the replies on it are ridiculous. Something about a turkey, or a rooster, or some shit - the point is, it didn't make sense. It was just complete turd.
  • edited January 2011
    If there was three rules from the earliest days of The Screaming Electron, and really, rules were unheard of back then, it would be these:

1/ Thou shall not be a lamer.
    2/ Thou shall contribute.
    3/ Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's wife.

Well, the third rule is a toss-up, but I still like it.

Rules are totally lame now, let alone back in the day. I can't stand being part of a community where the staff enforce rules on you like nazi assholes. Totse is freedom - there are no rules. Nothing is stopping you from being an idiot but the fact that you want to be a part of the community, and a good addition to the website. If people want to be a faggot then they can go ahead, but the community will come down on you like a ton of bricks rather than the mods throwing down the banhammer.

I love it.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Rules are totally lame now, let alone back in the day. I can't stand being part of a community where the staff enforce rules on you like nazi assholes. Totse is freedom - there are no rules. Nothing is stopping you from being an idiot but the fact that you want to be a part of the community, and a good addition to the website. If people want to be a faggot then they can go ahead, but the community will come down on you like a ton of bricks rather than the mods throwing down the banhammer.

I love it.

Then how is it that DirtySanchez is a mod?
  • edited January 2011

He obviously displayed some kind of positive characteristics and ticked the right boxes when mod positions were being handed out. I dunno, I didn't choose the staff. From what I've seen, he does his job, right?

I want to see the moderators cycled though, I like a bit of change and it could be good for the community.
    edited January 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    He obviously displayed some kind of positive characteristics and ticked the right boxes when mod positions were being handed out. I dunno, I didn't choose the staff. From what I've seen, he does his job, right?

I want to see the moderators cycled though, I like a bit of change and it could be good for the community.

Yeah, that much is obvious. But seriously, this guy makes the whole site look like a bunch of tinfoil hat wearing, basement dwelling, social misfit when he spouts off with his "crusade of the week" bullshit like his failed A.L.F. while wearing the title MOD.
    edited January 2011
    Uhhhh... where might one sign up for this?? Oh, wait... I just found my certificate in a bottom drawer in the kitchen. :confused:

Umm, I think that is a moldy Hostess coupon...
    edited January 2011
    Could be. Could be. It's says "expires 12/31/1975" in small print at the bottom", and there's a simulated ketchup stain on one corner. Ah, those were the days. When things were a lot simpler and pretty well as plain as the nose on your face (no insult intended).

No insult taken. Besides my nose has been anything but plain since someone took a wipe at it with a knife 30 years ago. I still wonder to this day what his face looked like after he was hit upside his head with a burning log as I play that loop of him running of into the swamp that night with burning embers clinging to his left cheek.
  • -SpectraL-SpectraL Will Faggert
    edited January 2011
    No insult taken. Besides my nose has been anything but plain since someone took a wipe at it with a knife 30 years ago. I still wonder to this day what his face looked like after he was hit upside his head with a burning log as I play that loop of him running of into the swamp that night with burning embers clinging to his left cheek.
    I'll bet his cheek is a waxy patch of dead skin that looks like the bark of a tree. lol He probably lost a couple of side-teeth there, too.
    edited January 2011
    I know I was tripping my ass off the night but for the life of me I still can't figure out how I did not burn my hands when I snagged that log out of the middle of the fire.
    edited January 2011

Because I bring enlightenment to the masses:o
    edited January 2011
    Because I bring enlightenment to the masses:o

More like you bring massive brain damage to the board.
    edited January 2011
    As far as I can see, all Zoklet bitching has been contained to this thread alone. And I don't see why Zoklet should be exempt from the bitching department. I just mention it because there's this funny little dude named zos over there who insists that's all we do here at Totse is bitch about Zoklet. I ain't seeing that as the actual case, though... all the forums are nice and tidy and full of topical information, and the lulz forums are still lulzy. Zos?
    edited January 2011
    As far as I can see, all Zoklet bitching has been contained to this thread alone. And I don't see why Zoklet should be exempt from the bitching department. I just mention it because there's this funny little dude named zos over there who insists that's all we do here at Totse is bitch about Zoklet. I ain't seeing that as the actual case, though... all the forums are nice and tidy and full of topical information, and the lulz forums are still lulzy. Zos?

It is not about proof.

If you are a zoklet moderator then you will defend zoklet and insult totse. If you are a member of totse, you will defend totse and insult zoklet.

That is the way it must be.
    edited January 2011
    It is not about proof.

If you are a zoklet moderator then you will defend zoklet and insult totse. If you are a member of totse, you will defend totse and insult zoklet.

Not all Totseans are like that. I'm not banned, and I post here, and I haven't even hinted at wanting a mod position here. Some of us just like a healthy environment... at least one that has a purpose and more than an ounce of integrity.
    edited January 2011
    Not all Totseans are like that. I'm not banned, and I post here, and I haven't even hinted at wanting a mod position here. Some of us just like a healthy environment... at least one that has a purpose and more than an ounce of integrity.

I said "zoklet moderator", to be a zoklet moderator you must be supportive of zoklet. Those moderators are satisfied with the way zoklet is run. Here is an example:

http://www.zoklet.net/bbs/showpost.php?p=2388498&postcount=35

Most of them are not bad people, but they just do not care about free speech. That is fine because that is their opinion and it will not change.

Now consider the reactions of the zoklet members:

http://www.zoklet.net/bbs/showthread.php?t=150594

Some are open to totse, but many others oppose it for no reason other than popular opinion. They repeat the same statement about totse having only six members, etc.

People with strong opinions have chosen their sides, while those in the middle are fine with zoklet.

Keep in mind that zoklet has almost complete free speech, almost. For some that is enough, but for others it is not enough.

Those others can come here.
    edited January 2011
    ^^Notice how they moved the thread to the trash in less than a day. I guess discussion of this place is off limits there.
    edited January 2011
    ^^Notice how they moved the thread to the trash in less than a day. I guess discussion of this place is off limits there.

If you were to ask them why, they would say the reason is because their are already many other threads about totse, and that talking about it is the same as advertising. This message from the administration has created a general dislike of us in the minds of the average zoklet user because it gives the impression that we are desperate spammers and not dedicated totseans.

The thing is, they are partially correct, there have been many threads about totse on zoklet. However, I remember when Hellish first posted modsrs2 on zoklet calling it nothing more than a totse mirror. He did not say anything about it being better, in fact he did not say anything at all. Yet, many zoklet members registered on modsrs2 for nostalgia alone, and there was no feeling of dislike towards us because we were not viewed as competitors.

This is one of the reasons why I do not believe that we should advertise on zoklet.
    edited January 2011
    Ya, but there's one thing probably a lot of people are missing on this. Zok took in the Totse crew under false pretenses, so it's only fair that the Totse bunch be persuaded back where they belong.
    edited January 2011
    Ya, but there's one thing probably a lot of people are missing on this. Zok took in the Totse crew under false pretenses, so it's only fair that the Totse bunch be persuaded back where they belong.

This is true. I think a big problem with zoklet is that Zok never had to work or put in any dedication to the site. He was basically handed all of totses members by default after Jeff closed totse. In my mind that is a root cause for the sites failure.
    edited January 2011
    This is true. I think a big problem with zoklet is that Zok never had to work or put in any dedication to the site. He was basically handed all of totses members by default after Jeff closed totse. In my mind that is a root cause for the sites failure.

The other important thing to remember is how Zok views the members of zoklet. Wires once referred to those who complain about the administration as "lunatics trying to run the asylum". A common phrase, yes, but that is truly how Zok views us, as animals that can be manipulated by trivial things such as thanks, rep, post count, avatars, etc. The only group he considers "real people" are his IRC friends. Zok is smart and cunning though and for the moment he is successful.
    edited January 2011
    The only reason people post there is because there are lots of users. The content is shit but the place is busy.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited January 2011
    It is not about proof.

Im on the fence about this. As you all know, im still modding the science board there. I do agree that a lot of the mods leave a lot to be desired (the general boards), but as for "defending zoklet", its a bit of a grey area. I do think certain mods do a really good job; help the flow of discussion while keeping their fingers well away from the infraction button. Dudes like Xippilli, LavaRed and HLC do this. I try to do this too, and i havent infracted anyone other than those bots we had several months ago.

However, I do not have a dislike for totse. Quite the opposite. Like on zoklet, i post a bit and add my own knowledge and experiences when i can. I guess I am loyal to neither Totse nor zoklet, but rather the community of people from the original totse. It has obviously been split since .info came into existence, but there are good people still on both sites, and so im not going to abandon either of them. Id rather ensure that the existing people on the science forum on zoklet keep posting under the air of free speech than to martyr myself (see: Dfg, Zip. where is that guy anyway??) and have an undesirable mod put in my place. Sounds arrogant on my part, yes, but thats the way i see it
    edited January 2011
    Mantikore wrote: »
    Im on the fence about this. As you all know, im still modding the science board there. I do agree that a lot of the mods leave a lot to be desired (the general boards), but as for "defending zoklet", its a bit of a grey area. I do think certain mods do a really good job; help the flow of discussion while keeping their fingers well away from the infraction button. Dudes like Xippilli, LavaRed and HLC do this. I try to do this too, and i havent infracted anyone other than those bots we had several months ago.

However, I do not have a dislike for totse. Quite the opposite. Like on zoklet, i post a bit and add my own knowledge and experiences when i can. I guess I am loyal to neither Totse nor zoklet, but rather the community of people from the original totse. It has obviously been split since .info came into existence, but there are good people still on both sites, and so im not going to abandon either of them. Id rather ensure that the existing people on the science forum on zoklet keep posting under the air of free speech than to martyr myself (see: Dfg, Zip. where is that guy anyway??) and have an undesirable mod put in my place. Sounds arrogant on my part, yes, but thats the way i see it

Well you have a history of being on the fence about many things, and never taking any extreme sides. :p

It is just that Zok himself compares moderators to employees, and has said that those who disagree with his policies will not be moderators because they will not respect or enforce his rules. Because of this, one expects moderators to defend zoklet, not out of fear of losing their position, but because they were devoted to zoklet to begin with.

As for the martyrs, I can understand how they feel. How can one contribute to a forum when each post they make to help users is indirectly helping Zok grow his personal site, especially considering that they disagree with his policies?

Here is a little comparison you will like:

It is like when a man discovers a treasure buried in a field, he will sell all of his possessions to buy the field because he knows the new treasure will be worth more than what he sold. ;)

Similarly if you feel there is potential in totse, you can sacrifice everything you have on zoklet to gain support for totse. :hai:
    edited January 2011
    The nail in the coffin for Zoklet was the rank abuse of the moderator and administrator control panels. When they didn't like what somebody had to say, they'd be running to push buttons like a bunch of spineless cowards. SLIM was removed simply because they didn't like what he had to say in public about the administration. They actually told him to resign if he intended on speaking his mind in public, and he told them to go fuck themselves and remove him if they didn't like it, and that's just what they did. Then they concocted this cover story that he leaked private information, which was just a total lie. They did the same thing to me. Even though Zok said he was surprised with how well the Bad Ideas, Help, Suggestion and bitching forums were prospering under my care, he said I wasn't allowed to speak my mind in public against the administration, so I told him to go ahead and remove me then, because I was going to continue talking, and that's just what he did. Fish backed him up on both counts all the way, too, so he's just as bad. They're just simply enemies of free speech, and who the fuck would want to help out enemies of free speech? They just don't get that even though they're administrators and mods, all they are is members just like anybody else, and they have no more right to usurp somebody's right to free speech than anyone else does. And yet they continue to abuse the moderator and admin control panels, the member accounts and the member contributions.
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, that much is obvious. But seriously, this guy makes the whole site look like a bunch of tinfoil hat wearing, basement dwelling, social misfit when he spouts off with his "crusade of the week" bullshit like his failed A.L.F. while wearing the title MOD.

The A.L.F. has not failed. We are a small yet determined revolutionary movement. Slowly yet surely our numbers will grow and revolution will come to this country. Keep saying what you want but you're counter revolutionary activities cannot stop the tide of Socialism that will come thanks to the ALF.

People do not hate dirtysanchez. People fear dirtysanchez. Revolutions do not begin overnight. They are built piece by piece. The ALF has expected this reaction from scum such as yourself however and the ALF does not fear you darkrodent.
    edited January 2011
    What the hell is the A.L.F??
    edited January 2011
    What the hell is the A.L.F??

The American Liberation Front. It's a political party that I run. Here is the link
    http://americanliberationfront.webs.com/

Our Ideology is basically a mix of Stalin, Gregor Strasser and Eduard Limonov. I haven't been able to update the site in a couple weeks. But visit it and read up on it please.
    edited January 2011
    The American Liberation Front. It's a political party that I run. Here is the link
    http://americanliberationfront.webs.com/

Our Ideology is basically a mix of Stalin, Gregor Strasser and Eduard Limonov. I haven't been able to update the site in a couple weeks. But visit it and read up on it please.
    Do I get hand grenades and a nice outfit?
    edited January 2011
    Do I get hand grenades and a nice outfit?

We are currently very broke and in the beginning stages so you get none of that now but yes eventually you will get both grenades and uniforms. I also promise you 100 virgins in the afterlife if you join. Make a difference Spectral. Join the ALF:thumbsup:
  • edited January 2011
    ITT: internet fights and sanchez being a retard
    This should be stickied and retitled: "welcome to totse.info"
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited January 2011
    I go there now and then to see how things are going, and it's starting to look like /b/ minus the anon.
    edited January 2011
    You know what really bugs me? The traitors to the Temple who ruined the scene for everybody over on Zoklet (like 5.56), the very people who attacked free speech at every turn over there, are now over here like an early-formation of cancer on a newborn infant's liver. Just doesn't seem right to me that these sell-outs to the Screaming Electron's heritage can just waltz right in here like they never abused their community status and abused the contributions of community members. After all, Zoklet or here, it was always the Totse crew they were fucking over at every turn. If I had my way they'd be dealt the very same treatment they deigned to afford others. Fuck community traitors.
  • edited January 2011
    You know what really bugs me? The traitors to the Temple who ruined the scene for everybody over on Zoklet (like me), the very people who attacked free speech at every turn over there (like when i banned dozens of members as soon as i became a mod), are now over here like an early-formation of cancer on a newborn infant's liver. Just doesn't seem right to me that these sell-outs to the Screaming Electron's heritage can just waltz right in here like they never abused their community status and abused the contributions of community members. After all, Zoklet or here, it was always the (same tired old bullshit that i'm always spouting everywhere i go). If I had my way I'd be dealt the very same treatment they deigned to afford others. Fuck community traitors.

fixed for accuracy. I wonder how long until they ban you over here?
    edited January 2011
    fixed for accuracy. I wonder how long until they ban you over here?

Not as soon as they revoke this Unregistered posting shit.
    edited January 2011
    Let's just hope this community here never gets infected by the likes of this. Once it does, we're finished:

http://www.zoklet.net/bbs/showpost.php?p=2408200&postcount=30
  • skyclaw441skyclaw441 Regular
    edited January 2011
    I prefer not to talk about the place due to the games I played with it (which in the end only amounted to me getting fucked over, but deservedly so), but in the beginning I was genuinely optimistic about it because I thought the community was behind it and it would continue the legacy. Sadly it was anything but. There was no knowledge or free speech or fun there, it was 100% drama. Worse yet, not only was it 100% drama, but it later turned into something of a reality TV show of which member could be cannibalized during the week. :facepalm:.