Kentucky Gentleman cured my fever

DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I've had a mild fever and felt generally shitty since i woke up today. I drank some liquor and I feel fine now. Does anyone know why this is? Is alcohol a legit medicine in this case because it worked as well as any anti fever med. If so this could revolutionize the medical field.

Comments

• MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited January 2011
    just makes u forget about it. my dad used to let me take shots 4 a sore throat.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    All the germs were like, "Yuck, Kentucky Gentleman." So they, like, they ran like so far away.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    All the germs were like, "Yuck, Kentucky Gentleman." So they, like, they ran like so far away.

:mad: KG is good I don't care what any of you niggers say. I drink it everyday and it's awesome. This thread proves now that this godly beverage can also be used to cure sickness.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited January 2011
    Yoda wrote: »
    That you drink cheap whiskey this thread proves. Yes, hmmm.

Yoda is full of fail.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited January 2011
    Lots of medicines back in the day were 20% or so alcohol. All they did was get people half drunk if they drank too much. As far as I know alcohol can't cure anything. However, I've read that drinking beer with a meal helps prevent travelers from getting sick because the alcohol helps to kill bacteria in the food. Dunno if it's true or not. Drink away.
  • edited January 2011
    fanglekai wrote: »
    However, I've read that drinking beer with a meal helps prevent travelers from getting sick because the alcohol helps to kill bacteria in the food. Dunno if it's true or not. Drink away.

Didn't people in the middle ages drink beer almost in place of water due to the shitty quality of the water? It was pretty much all you could drink that wouldn't make you sick.
    edited January 2011
    Didn't people in the middle ages drink beer almost in place of water due to the shitty quality of the water? It was pretty much all you could drink that wouldn't make you sick.
    Correct. Up until modern times everyone drank beer in place of water, except Benjamin Franklin. It's actually surprising he didn't die from drinking tainted water.

The pilgrims landed at Plymouth and not Virginia like they'd planned because they were running out of beer. Even children drank beer.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited January 2011
    Yoda wrote: »
    That you understand what not success is where you fail youngling.

Half of your posts dont make sense
    edited January 2011
    Because he's a failposter.
  • edited January 2011
    Also, splurge a little on some decent booze.