Posting College Work Here

edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I need an answer, because I can't figure it out myself.

Once I finish my time at college, I'll have 2 whole years of solid, Distinction grade coursework which will just be sitting around. This contains a lot of useful information, and there really is a LOT of it.

My question is, once I've completed it all and handed it in/received my mark and certificate of completion, would I be able to do whatever I wanted with the work?

I was thinking of posting a lot of it on Totse in the form of interesting articles and guides, not only to help those also taking the same course as me next year, but to give something interesting for the community to read.

Thanks for any help you give me.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Use the Old School and New Section on Totse. Dfg [me] usually dumps anything related to education or learning in there. It's a good place to catelog your work and who knows maybe someone might find it interesting. Plus, adding a link to reddit helps.
  • edited January 2011
    My question is - After I've finished the course and I have all the work left over, can I legally do whatever I want with it?

I'm just worried that someone will discover it after I've got the qualification, assume that all the work I'd done was plagiarized and revoke my qualification, or something.

Sounds unlikely, but I want to be certain.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    Unless you've signed a nondisclosure agreement (most likely an exam), you can post your work, and would be best to post after the course is over. Unless it's something you have published, nobody's going to check your old homework with things on the internet after they're done with :p
  • edited January 2011
    Sweet, sounds good to me. I'll start preparing some content, and once July rolls around (or some time around then), I will release it all into the wild.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Here's how I have always seen it. People have a go at you for breaching copyright putting books belonging to their authors on the net, right?

Well your essay work, is YOUR work. YOU own the copyright, and YOU can do with it what you wish. It's how people choose to use your work that can make it dubious, but not on your part.
    Go for it! I share Academic Journals quite often.
  • skyclaw441skyclaw441 Regular
    edited January 2011
    I'll probably end up doing this after college, and I do not believe it's illegal. I already post my notes/study guides online from my secondary school classes, but I'm a lowly high school senior at the moment and thus cannot contribute anything of much value. I'll be taking a ton of hardcore math, though, so I'd be glad to share my notes and knowledge it when the day comes. I haven't exactly written any noteworthy essays yet, so nothing on that end.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2011
    I've got a ton of Uni level shit if anyone needs it. Just give me a subject area and my knowledge will reighn down on you from The Pirate Bay like magical rain!