Arizona congresswoman and others gunned down at event

2»

Comments

• DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    fanglekai wrote: »
    How is it wrong? It limits both skilled and unskilled people.

You're liberalism sickens me. The point is that people will kill each other no matter what. One of the biggest mass Murders was the Happyland club fire
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Land_fire
    He killed 87 people without a gun. 9/11 was carried out with boxcutters. The idea that limiting guns will make the world safer is just untrue.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited January 2011
    You're liberalism sickens me. The point is that people will kill each other no matter what. One of the biggest mass Murders was the Happyland club fire
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Land_fire
    He killed 87 people without a gun. 9/11 was carried out with boxcutters. The idea that limiting guns will make the world safer is just untrue.
    plz fix
  • homeslice4700homeslice4700 Regular
    edited January 2011
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited January 2011
    I wouldn't say that extended magazines made a huge difference in the shootings, but they were an advantage to the shooter. 1-2 bullets can make a big difference in a high stress situations.
  • edited January 2011
    spazz wrote: »
    Dude was clearly a little nuts. Did you watch the vid where he burned a flag? the comments were nonsensical.Maybe he spent too much time alone iin the desert.....

The news said something about a 50yo accomplice. If that is true then i bet he was just a pawn sent out to make some noise.

The "accomplice" who was just a person of interest was found and cleared. He was the taxi driver who took the shooter to the supermarket.
  • homeslice4700homeslice4700 Regular
    edited January 2011
    he looks fucking insane
  • edited January 2011
    he looks fucking insane

Probably because he is
  • SlappySlappy Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    Limiting a citizen's ability to protect himself from criminals who don't follow the law.... to protect him from criminals who don't follow the law. Fortunately, most Americans see right through this bullshit.

Also, as a few compassionate commentators have noted, the far left jumped the gun in politicizing these murders before the victims even reached the hospital, and rightfully denounced it as despicable. Both parties, both sides have used military jargon in their political rhetoric, and the far left has plenty of skeletons they conveniently forget about when flinging shit at conservatives.
    wrote:
    BY BILL O'REILLY

The attack on Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords in Arizona was an attack on every law-abiding American citizen.

The man who shot the congresswoman murdered a federal judge and five other people, including a 9-year-old girl, has damaged our republic far beyond the taking of human lives. If politicians cannot walk freely to talk with their constituents, we don't have a democracy.

"Talking Points" believes that any new laws that provide greater safety for public officials should be considered. We simply cannot have chaos at this level.

The killer, Jared Loughner, is a psychopath. Civilization has always had them and always will. There is no solution to the likes of Loughner.

Besides the senseless violence, there is another disgusting display sweeping America, and that is the exploitation of the murders by political zealots.

Only moments -- moments -- after Congresswoman Giffords was shot, some far-left loons began to spew their hatred: Conservatives encouraged Jared Loughner to pull the trigger. Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann, Fox News, all spurred the psychopath to kill the six people. The merchants of hate who are peddling this stuff should be accountable.

So let's begin with The New York Times. In an editorial Monday, that far-left newspaper said: "It is legitimate to hold Republicans and particularly their most virulent supporters in the media responsible for the gale of anger that has produced a vast majority of these death threats. Many on the right have exploited the arguments of division, reaping political power by demonizing immigrants or welfare recipients or bureaucrats."

That is flat-out reprehensible, and every American should condemn that New York Times editorial. Republicans had nothing to do with these murders in Arizona.

If you oppose a porous border, you are not demonizing immigrants. If you oppose a nanny state, you are not demonizing welfare recipients. The New York Times does this all day long. If you would disagree with their far-left view, you are hateful.

Even worse -- even worse -- is Times columnist Paul Krugman, a radical-left Princeton professor. Krugman accuses Congresswoman Michele Bachmann of inciting hatred towards Miss Giffords because Miss Bachmann said this:

(BEGIN AUDIO CLIP)

REP. MICHELE BACHMANN, R-MINN.: I want people in Minnesota armed and dangerous on this issue of the energy tax because we need to fight back. Thomas Jefferson told us having a revolution every now and then is a good thing, and the people -- we the people are going to have to fight back hard if we're not going to lose our country.

(END AUDIO CLIP)

Obviously Ms. Bachmann was using a metaphor to make a political point. It is simply morally repugnant and libelous that Krugman would smear Ms. Bachmann by connecting her to the murders.

Incredibly, Krugman continues: "But you won't hear on MSNBC jokes about shooting government officials or beheading a journalist at The Washington Post. Listen to Glenn Beck or Bill O'Reilly and you will."

As usual, Mr. Krugman is lying. The man is simply incapable of telling the truth. Here is the proof:

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

CHRIS MATTHEWS, MSNBC HOST: Did you see "Live and Let Die," the great Bond film where Yaphet Koto was the bad guy, Mr. Big. In the end, they jammed the big CO2 pellet in his face and he blew up. I have to tell you Rush Limbaugh is beginning to look like more and more like Mr. Big. And at some point somebody is going to jam a CO2 pellet into his head and he's going to explode like a giant blimp. That day may come.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

Now, Mr. Matthews wasn't threatening Mr. Limbaugh; he was making a political point. Compared to the other people on MSNBC, Matthews is St. Paul. To its disgrace, NBC News allows vicious personal attacks on anyone who doesn't toe the far-left MSNBC line. The hatred spewed on that cable network is unprecedented in the media.

And then there is Sarah Palin. She is being blamed for the murders as well.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

NANCY CORDES, CBS NEWS CORRESPONDENT: Giffords was one of 20 Democrats whose districts were lit up in crosshairs on a Sarah Palin campaign website last spring. Giffords and many others complained that someone unstable might act on that imagery.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

As everybody knows, Governor Palin was very active in last November's election and using words like targeting certain districts is common political usage. In fact, Fox News correspondent James Rosen reports that the Democratic leadership committee has used almost the exact same imagery as Governor Palin in assessing campaigns.

I guess Paul Krugman didn't see this bit of campaigning by West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin:

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

SEN. JOE MANCHIN, D-W. VA.: I'll take on Washington and this administration to get the federal government off of our backs and out of our pockets. I'll cut federal spending and I'll repeal the bad parts of Obamacare. I sued EPA and I'll take dead aim at the cap-and-trade bill.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

And the hits just keep on coming. After condemning the violence, the far-left women's organization NOW opined: "We condemn, equally, the culture of hate and violence increasingly reflected in extreme right-wing opponents of those who support progressive solutions to our country's challenges."

They condemn equally? NOW equating mass murder with rhetoric? Unbelievable. And somehow NOW does not condemn the Daily Kos or the hate-filled diatribes on MSNBC. No, they are perfectly fine. It's just the right-wing that's the problem.

The hypocrisies are stunning, but they pale -- pale -- beside the exploitation of these terrible murders in Arizona.

Decent people simply do not ascribe motivation to a psychopath like Loughner unless that motivation is proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

I can't tell you how angry this makes me. Far-left loons have attacked me in vile ways for years. I have to have security around the clock. Has The New York Times ever said a word about that?

Some of my colleagues here at Fox News and on talk radio are faced with the exact same situation.

There comes a point in a free society when citizens have to acknowledge the truth or see their country dissipate.
    link

The left's reaction to the failure of their lofty ambitions has been to viciously attack and smear anybody who opposes them. Go ahead and embarrass yourselves, it's very entertaining :hai:
  • edited January 2011
    Slappy wrote: »

The left's reaction to the failure of their lofty ambitions has been to viciously attack and smear anybody who opposes them. Go ahead and embarrass yourselves, it's very entertaining :hai:

It's seems that he has very strong "us vs. the government" sort of sentiment, and that sentiment emanates primarily from one side of the political spectrum in the U.S. right now. But as the case widens and more information is released about the shooter and his beliefs, I'm sure we'll find more definitive information.
  • SlappySlappy Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    It's seems that he has very strong "us vs. the government" sort of sentiment, and that sentiment emanates primarily from one side of the political spectrum in the U.S. right now. But as the case widens and more information is released about the shooter and his beliefs, I'm sure we'll find more definitive information.

I'm not referring to the politics of the shooter, I clearly stated that such frivolous bickering is despicable. His batshit insanity was the driving force behind his actions, any other personal characteristic that people find distasteful is moot.

Addressing your point however, I would note that "us vs. the government" is always at play. Being that it's a 2 party system, one party is always the underdog, and represents that mindset. Jumping to the conclusion that he was driven by political rhetoric before the victims even reached the hospital is disgustingly self-serving no matter who does it. After seeing the evidence of his complete detachment from reality and still coming to that conclusion? .... :facepalm:

I'd also like to note for the record, that muslim extremists act alone and are not influenced nor supported by the vast majority of muslims, amirite? Well, ami? LOL@ how leftists so quickly and shamelessly tar an entire group of people for the actions of a single lunatic without a single solitary shred of correlation. Not a one.
  • edited January 2011
    Slappy wrote: »
    I'm not referring to the politics of the shooter, I clearly stated that such frivolous bickering is despicable. His batshit insanity was the driving force behind his actions, any other personal characteristic that people find distasteful is moot.

Addressing your point however, I would note that "us vs. the government" is always at play. Being that it's a 2 party system, one party is always the underdog, and represents that mindset. Jumping to the conclusion that he was driven by political rhetoric before the victims even reached the hospital is disgustingly self-serving no matter who does it. After seeing the evidence of his complete detachment from reality and still coming to that conclusion? .... :facepalm:

I'd also like to note for the record, that muslim extremists act alone and are not influenced nor supported by the vast majority of muslims, amirite? Well, ami? LOL@ how leftists so quickly and shamelessly tar an entire group of people for the actions of a single lunatic without a single solitary shred of correlation. Not a one.

We'll see.
  • edited January 2011
    We'll see.

We'll see in the coming days as Jacob Loughner is shown to be the liberal he was.
    Trust me, the left will end up with a great deal of egg on their face from this.
    I'm gonna go see if I can get into this Obama thing, but judging by the traffic I doubt it.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    We'll see.

There have been plenty of left wingers who did this kind of thing. Lee Harvey Oswald was communist. The guy who killed McKinley was an Anarchist. Sqeeky Fromme who tried to kill Gerald Ford was a liberal hippie. Carlos the Jackal was another left wing terrorist as was the PLA. So stop trying to politicize it because it goes both ways.
  • edited January 2011
    There have been plenty of left wingers who did this kind of thing. Lee Harvey Oswald was communist. The guy who killed McKinley was an Anarchist. Sqeeky Fromme who tried to kill Gerald Ford was a liberal hippie. Carlos the Jackal was another left wing terrorist as was the PLA. So stop trying to politicize it because it goes both ways.

Laughner is a liberal, I actually met him back in 2007 and know quite a few of his friends.
  • edited January 2011

Sure, it does go both ways. We can't rule out that this shooting had something to do with politics. Maybe he was a liberal and was making some sort of a point by trying to kill and killing (In the case of the judge) liberal politicians and maybe he was the opposite. Or maybe it was solely due to his mental state, and chose to kill Mrs. Gifford for no particular reason at all.