What are your parents like?

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I just got this text from my Dad and then replied in my typical manner...
dadtext1.jpg

I was brought up in an insanely Libertarian house. Being the first born (I have a younger Sister...and no, I'm not whoring her out. Yet) I was allowed to go to parties where people were 16 at best, getting fucked on anything they could find and it was on a school night. My parents had the attitude that "We will give you a lift back at 1am, but if you want to stay then prepare to feel shit in the morning when you go to class". On top of that, letting me grow MJ under their roof and exploring life as they realised the more they sheltered me the worse I got and more determined I became to break the rules. Oh, and I was brought up in West London, then moved to Hampshire at the age of 12, so that fucked me up a tad. These Country folk are weird.

So, what were/are your parents like?

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Mine are really laid back and always have been. Ever since I was little, they've been really lenient towards what I get up to and they always wanted me to enjoy life. I've always been allowed to do things which other people might not be able to do (going to random parties, staying out all night and getting hammered), and all that shit. They also bought me a laptop for my birthday when I was about 13 and didn't restrict my internet use, which is how I found Totse and many other places.

That said, they could be strict as fuck when I had done something really bad, but I guess that's just part of being a kid. If you don't get shouted at sometimes you'd probably turn into some really faggy ass kid.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    They're nice people. My mommy cooks fantastic meals.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited January 2011
    My parents are pretty cool as well. They are really laid back. They I know I like to smoke bud and get drunk.. and they never really said much about it while I was doing it in high school. I've always been able to go anywhere or do anything.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    i only know my ma . and she is cool, she goes 2 metal concerts with me and shit.
  • edited January 2011
    JestA wrote: »
    i only know my ma . and she is cool, she goes 2 metal concerts with me and shit.

You go to concerts with your mother?
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited January 2011
    My mom is pretty cool. My dads a faggot though. I found a dildo in his room.:mad:
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited January 2011
    cool, but superstitous and embarrassing
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited January 2011
    trx100 wrote: »

Thats more metal than the blackest most brutal zombie coffee, states Rolf.
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited January 2011
    dad's an alcoholic. took out all my money from my savings account to invest in wine and stocks. He can take my money due to california marital laws:sad:. all in all, total dumbass but i am grateful of him because he is living proof of what i shouldn't do.

mom's too controling, controls who i should hang out, who i should date and so on. i think because of those things above, i consider myself being a little more on the anti-social side. I am half asian btw so you probably know which ethnicity is which.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    trx100 wrote: »

yes especialy since she pays.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited January 2011
    Although I no longer live with them, I see them multiple times a week. Often multiple times a day.

They're OK. No issues. When i was younger they always let me do what i want within reason, I guess they knew that they couldn't really control me. They don't interfere with anything i do anymore.

When i have kids i wonder if i'd be as liberal as they were. Probably i will be but in different ways.
  • The NegotiatorThe Negotiator Regular
    edited January 2011
    My mum is pretty cool. Strict in the way that she 'wants what's best for me' but not so laidback that I can grow weed in the house. I get do pretty much what I want, she's barely home anyway. And she can cook like a mad cunt.

My dad is somewhere in London, haven't seen him in 11 years. I'm in Australia btw.
  • GallowsGallows Regular
    edited January 2011
    Lol @ text in OP. :thumbsup:

My parents are very caring and unselfish. They've always done the best that they could for my siblings and me, and I feel very fortunate.
  • edited January 2011
    Dad is one of the most laid back guys you will ever meet, doesn't talk a lot and enjoys his alone time but would take me to the pool or somthing like that at least once a week when I was a kid.

A very active dad, I would truly call him a great father but when somthing needed to be done he didn't fuck around. He had a chair leg he would hit us with when we got particularly bad school marks and shit like that. I am glad he did this though because my friends who's parents' never hit them at all are all still living with their parents in the same shitty little town, working in fast food.

Mum is honestly kind of dumb but very loving.
  • highwaystarhighwaystar Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    Dad was/is distant. Love my mom. Overall, pretty good, I suppose, as far as parents go. Can't be playing the blame game at my age anymore.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    They're hard working, very responsible, caring and loving parents. Pretty much everything I'm not, hence why they joke around saying I'm adopted.

Great folk.