They gave us laptops in Math class

ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
So we're supposed to be doing some math shit. For some reason the math teacher gave us these laptops a bit too early, so I've decided to slack off and come on totse. I've been in this lesson for about 20 minutes and I have 40ish minutes left. I'm bored of this shit.

What should I do in this lesson? There is about five of us, including me

suggestions, go go go go

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Draw tiny penises on all of the keys.

Or take an index card, write/draw something mean/disgusting on it and leave it in the disk drive for whoever opens it next.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    Tell everyone to turn the laptop speakers on full volume and play the exact same track on all of them. A good batch file with a link to some MP3 would do that.

Or just try randomly typing and tell everyone to do that. Make sure you press the keys a bit hard and if everyone is doing it the teacher would be pissed lol.
  • edited January 2011
    What should I do in this lesson? There is about five of us, including me

Post on Totse dude, duh. Also, troll the teacher and send everyone links to Totse propaganda threads.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited January 2011
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT. It appears he didn't think I was writing my math work. He walked over and asked what I was doing. I only had enough time to close Totse. This keyboard is so fucking stiff and loud.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited January 2011
    The teach told us to do some math work on a website called my maths. He's now fucked off and left us to do shit all.
  • edited January 2011
    The teach told us to do some math work on a website called my maths. He's now fucked off and left us to do shit all.

Looks like this is your chance to cause something great to happen. Is there a printer in the room which you are in? If you can't connect to it physically, you can use the IP address of the printer to connect to it remotely. Then you can print out Totse flyers anonymously to any printer in the whole school. I did this at my old school, it worked brilliantly.
  • skyclaw441skyclaw441 Regular
    edited January 2011
    Am I the only one that thinks the use of "technology" in the classroom has gone too far? Granted, I get on TOTSE from my school laptop (as it's really the only time in the day that I have to do my work here, thank goodness I don't mod a section with heavy activity), but come on. The laptops are great for accessing online resources, but using them for everything? What ever happened to the old days of math with notebooks and solutions manuals?
  • edited January 2011
    skyclaw441 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that thinks the use of "technology" in the classroom has gone too far? Granted, I get on TOTSE from my school laptop (as it's really the only time in the day that I have to do my work here, thank goodness I don't mod a section with heavy activity), but come on. The laptops are great for accessing online resources, but using them for everything? What ever happened to the old days of math with notebooks and solutions manuals?

Whenever we used to use computers for classes at school, it was because the teacher either wanted to show us something which he could not show us in the classroom (no homo), or he had something very important to do so we'd get thrown into the computer room and left there for the whole lesson.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    We were given Macbooks in biology class, but they couldn't do anything :o

I prefer a good ol' pen and paper for most purposes, but there are lots of programs that provide an easy-to-setup, hands-on learning experience that are great to enhance the student's understanding.
  • edited January 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Looks like this is your chance to cause something great to happen. Is there a printer in the room which you are in? If you can't connect to it physically, you can use the IP address of the printer to connect to it remotely. Then you can print out Totse flyers anonymously to any printer in the whole school. I did this at my old school, it worked brilliantly.

How does one find the IP addresses of printers?
  • edited January 2011
    How does one find the IP addresses of printers?

Well, for a start the printer has to be on the network. Then, you could do the following;
    • Run a ping-scan of the network using a scanner such as Nmap
    • Physically go up to the printer and look through the menus. The IP might be in there somewhere.
    • Guess by opening up your browser and entering random local addresses.

Fastest and most efficient method would be the port scan. I used to just walk up to them in school though and get the IP address. They also conveniently named the printers after the room that they were in, so you could print in another room and know where it's going.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited January 2011
    Laptops, for math? Wat?
    edited January 2011
    LSA King wrote: »
    Laptops, for math? Wat?

I didn't really understand. He just whipped out a few laptops and said "We're using these today."