What IS room temperature?

edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
They say that you should store certain things at room temperature, etc etc. But what exactly IS room temperature? I've never known, and Totse doesn't come second place to Google when you want answers (sometimes ;)), so tell me Totse.

The temperature in my room is cold as shit right now. It was a few degrees lower a little while ago, but it's currently 20C/70F which isn't too bad.

Comments

• KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited January 2011
    68*F to 78*F
  • edited January 2011
    Cool, thanks. It was just a little hard to believe that the freezing cold room I walked into a little earlier was actually Room Temperature :D
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2011
    If you are talking about beer room temperature is about 55 - 57 degrees Fahrenheit or about 12 - 14 degrees Celsius.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited January 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    They say that you should store certain things at room temperature, etc etc. But what exactly IS room temperature? I've never known, and Totse doesn't come second place to Google when you want answers (sometimes ;)), so tell me Totse.

The temperature in my room is cold as shit right now. It was a few degrees lower a little while ago, but it's currently 20C/70F which isn't too bad.

When I as studying chemistry, all of the exam papers defined room tempreture as 20C.

Pretty ironic as school was so cold we had to wear jackets in class or turn all of the bunsens on.
  • skyclaw441skyclaw441 Regular
    edited January 2011
    20 C = 68 F, and I was always taught that it was 68 F.