Comparing LSD to Mushrooms

mashlehashmashlehash Regular
edited August 2010 in Man Cave
I've only tried LSD once so that kind of puts a dent on my knowledge of the higher end LSD trips So I'll need your guys help with that.

I've taken mushrooms a handful of times so I'll start talking about those first. I find that mushrooms produce a much more organic feeling than LSD. A feeling of unity between everything in nature but at the same time a feeling of complete hopelessness for humanity in general.

The visuals for mushrooms are quite patterned if you ask me. For example, if you're looking at the clouds on mushrooms you will usually get a patterned hallucination of a certain image(For me it's been Angels in the sky, God's hand pointing at me).
One more thing I should mention is I always felt in a sort of third person perspective whilst under the influence of mushrooms.

Moving onto LSD.

I've only taken LSD once where I had taken two hits and the acid was Okay so I'll need you users to help me out with the high end doses(People like Stupid Noob).

When I took LSD I felt alot more clear headed than I was on mushrooms. Alot easier to communicate to people thus being alot more social. Infact, I remember thriving on socializing when I was tripping on LSD.

The hallucinations for LSD were alot more subtle for me than my previous mushroom trips. I would actually have to stare at something for a moment before noticing the wonderful patterns on it where as with mushrooms the patterns are so noticeable it's impossible for them to not catch your eye at first glance.

Comments

• corduroycorduroy Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    My (hypothetical) experiences have been similar. LSD makes me really analytical about things - all I want to do is take shit apart to see how it works. Mushrooms are more like "why the fuck is the room melting?!"
  • HazeyHazey Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    From what I hear LSD is more of a chemically sharp feeling whereas mushrooms are like a earthy mellow feeling.

I`ve only done mush probably 10 times, The last time I did it was in the country and the corn looked like it was 20 foot fucking tall ! It was the best .
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    LSD is controllable, Shrooms aren't.

Thats one of the major differences.
  • SHHSHH Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I never took LSD and the only time I took shrooms I boiled them for about 5 minutes, then drank the water. I was very dissapointed.
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
    SHH wrote: »
    I never took LSD and the only time I took shrooms I boiled them for about 5 minutes, then drank the water. I was very dissapointed.

What was your trip like? Probably boiled it too long or something.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    No, the two don't really compare at all. LSD is like a full out hallucinatory experience (usually) whereas mushrooms generally are just awesome but don't provoke visuals. Shrooms are more like opening the doors of perception, whereas acid is like doing a backflip into the pool and getting disoriented in that other realm after submerging.
  • SHHSHH Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    mashlehash wrote: »
    What was your trip like? Probably boiled it too long or something.

There was really no trip to speak of. I got a short burst of energy, nothing else. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I didn't boil them long enough. Though since then I have read that boiling mushrooms can actually destroy some of the chemicals that make someone trip, so I'm unsure.
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
    No, the two don't really compare at all. LSD is like a full out hallucinatory experience (usually) whereas mushrooms generally are just awesome but don't provoke visuals. Shrooms are more like opening the doors of perception, whereas acid is like doing a backflip into the pool and getting disoriented in that other realm after submerging.

It's odd because it's the exact opposite for me. Didn't get as distinct visuals with lsd as I did with mushrooms.
  • SHANE14SHANE14 Regular
    edited July 2010

yeah this is the same for me. I've had acid enough times, and even in small doses I get brilliant visuals, whereas the first time I tried shrooms (saturday), I had 6 grams of supposed good shit and I barely got any visuals. I was fucking dissapointed but when I think about it, it was still a fucking great feeling.

Shrooms just make me feel like a fucking cloud, melting in to anything I sit on, yet I could still have the energy to walk for hours on end, even if I'm just content to sit and melt. Shroom visuals for me was basically viewing everything as fuzzy (blurred..in a good way) and I got the occasional little trip such as a packet of tampons coming towards me like an extending spyglass, and the old melting room, breathing vents, etc. while sitting back on a couch.

Acid is just an indescribeable feeling for me though.. Shrooms gave me more like a body high whereas acid is just like pure clarity. My visuals are always fucking intense and I couldn't stand the thought of sitting around inside. Everything on acid for me is so crisp and clear, I feel the cold, I feel the pain, but it feels so fucking good. Shrooms just seem to make me more numb to things whereas acid makes me able to deal with things in alternative ways... I dunno kinda hard to explain
  • Dr. AwkwardDr. Awkward Regular
    edited July 2010
    Like I said before... mushrooms are less controllable, one bad thing can start a downwards spiral to the trip that is very difficult to pull out of. On LSD, you can change the direction just by thinking positive or negative thoughts.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    I think I stoled that description from rizzo:o where is that guy anyway?

Yeah one more point is that acid has been categorically linked to brain damages with overuse (sometimes this means a mentally unstable person has only used it once) where as mushrooms have never been proven to cause any damage like that. Mushrooms and other natural drugs are basically proven to be much safer than man-made chems, especially since acid is so regulated and some speculate that a lot of it comes from the gov (so what could they be putting in there? probably shit that fucks you up so they can control ya better).
  • corduroycorduroy Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Yeah one more point is that acid has been categorically linked to brain damages with overuse (sometimes this means a mentally unstable person has only used it once) where as mushrooms have never been proven to cause any damage like that. Mushrooms and other natural drugs are basically proven to be much safer than man-made chems, especially since acid is so regulated and some speculate that a lot of it comes from the gov (so what could they be putting in there? probably shit that fucks you up so they can control ya better).

Source?
  • ScoobyScooby Acolyte
    edited July 2010

What... everyone I know rarely gets any insane hallucinations unless they're a 10-strip in on 25 quality shit. Mushies tend to produce more intense hallucinations for the masses.

Acid: Controlled TRip
    Boomers: HOLD OF FOR DEAR LIFE
  • ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited August 2010
    Hazey wrote: »
    From what I hear LSD is more of a chemically sharp feeling whereas mushrooms are like a earthy mellow feeling.

I`ve only done mush probably 10 times, The last time I did it was in the country and the corn looked like it was 20 foot fucking tall ! It was the best .

You're not the real hazey!
  • jatorjator Regular
    edited August 2010
    I can handle acid. I cannot handle shrooms.

Therefore imo acid > shrooms.
  • SHANE14SHANE14 Regular
    edited August 2010
    Scooby wrote: »
    What... everyone I know rarely gets any insane hallucinations unless they're a 10-strip in on 25 quality shit. Mushies tend to produce more intense hallucinations for the masses.

Acid: Controlled TRip
    Boomers: HOLD OF FOR DEAR LIFE

That really fascinates me. I've taken reasonably high doses of shrooms and had piss all visuals, yet one tab of acid has had me losing my perception of time and space, tripping absolute balls. The weakest trip I've had off one tab still had me experiencing pretty fucking intense visuals. I really don't know if it's just me, or if I've just been lucky with my acid purchases (I've only had acid around 5 times) but that's how it is for me.
    I do however completely agree with the amount of control you have with 'cid opposed to shrooms. The first time I took acid was the strongest trip of my life yet I still felt like I had complete control over my mental state. With one insignificant thought you can turn an acid trip from hell in to heaven.
    With shrooms though I've noticed that the visuals really snuck up on me. As in, one minute I have nothing, next minute the walls are caving in and the paintings on the walls are extending towards my face kinda like a looking glass. I love the feeling I get from shrooms, I love the feeling of melting in to your seat as the world becomes a warm paradise. I do however, much prefer acid as an overall psychedelic, introspective experience. You just really can't describe the feeling of experiencing heaven and hell, your best and worst experiences all rolled in to one disorienting night, finding your bearings among the chaos only to abandon yourself to the intoxication of it.. now I forgot where I was going with this.

TLDR: I find acid to be a much more intense yet lucid drug, which has a far more controlled, clear trip. Shrooms just seems a much more relaxed, sit back and enjoy the ride experience with much less clear, lucid visuals than 'cid.
  • ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited August 2010
    The best way I can describe them is elementally: shrooms are earth & water (primarily earth based though) & acid is more wind with some fire.
  • jatorjator Regular
    edited August 2010
    Acid is MLK and shrooms are Malcom X.
  • KundaLiniKundaLini Regular
    edited August 2010
    The best way I can describe them is elementally: shrooms are earth & water (primarily earth based though) & acid is more wind with some fire.

*bows*