Stingiest thing you've seen

GreenbullGreenbull Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
ITT you list stingy (cheap) behavior you've witnessed; I'll start.

1. When I was young I saw poor people from my school (and parents) taking clothes out of the donation bins for cancer victims.

2. When I worked as a carpenter I saw one dude walk around for literally 2 hours picking up cigarette butts and another hour at lunch ripping them apart. He used to also hang his tea bag up everyday and reuse it for a whole week :facepalm:

Someone must be able to top those.

Comments

• Gorilla GutsGorilla Guts Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    i was seeing this one girl and she reused her tampons. waste not want not i guess.
  • DeadHamDeadHam Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    One time I was traveling with my family and another family, flying home. We landed in New York with a two hour layover to make a connecting flight to Boston, where we all resided at the time. Well, it was fucking New York and we only got off the airplane with about 20 minutes to make our mutual flight (i.e. 90 minutes spent on the tarmac). The other family, who are cheap fucks, fucking booked it and left my family (who, besides me, are basically airport challenged.. but give me a break, my mom's afraid of flying) in the dust.

Oh, we had to A) go through customs and B) switch terminals between flights

We, my family, managed to make it to the gate with about a minute to spare. As we walked up to the gate & they closed the door. We missed the flight. Pure airport ownage. Our co-travelers, the other family we had just spent 3 weeks abroad with? They made it alright, because, well, re-booking woulda cost $$$

Long story short, we drove home, in the rain, to Boston that night, which was 4th of July actually and it was beautiful, all the fireworks in the eerie rainy darkness.

Kewl story, Joe. No?
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010
    i was seeing this one girl and she reused her tampons. waste not want not i guess.

I used to know this girl and she'd use these re-usable cup things :eek:
    Sick.
  • GrenGren Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I don't know if this is really stingey but mum used to get mad when we tore wrapping paper for gifts at christmas etc if it was remotely colourful or shiney. It only made me tear it harder:mad:

Rip tear kill :mad:
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010
    Once when I was working as a furniture mover in my teens we moved this old guys house and his fridge was literally half full of ketchup and other condiments from fast food places (wendys and mcd etc).
  • ScoobyScooby Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Im unsure though, My moms actually pretty stingey. She saves tubs like cool whip or what have ya and uses them as containers for leftovers.
    Once when I was working as a furniture mover in my teens we moved this old guys house and his fridge was literally half full of ketchup and other condiments from fast food places (wendys and mcd etc).

Not stingey, resourceful. Stop being dumb.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited July 2010
    Don't you hate the people at fast food places who take more napkins/straws than they will ever use just because it's free.

Not particularly stingy, but maliciously wasteful.
  • Dr. AwkwardDr. Awkward Regular
    edited July 2010
    I thought this would be about wasps and bees.

My waitress friend got a $1.50 tip on a $45 bill. At that point why even bother tipping, it's like rubbing it in your face.
  • PigPig Regular
    edited July 2010
    I've seen someone take money from the tip jar. That's just insincere.
  • L33tzL33tz Regular
    edited July 2010
    Pig wrote: »
    I've seen someone take money from the tip jar. That's just insincere.
    ive seen someone take the whole tip jar and run out the store
  • edited July 2010
    I used to work in a restaurant, and some mangy old hag woman decided that tipping me involved filling up a saucer with pennies. I counted it up when I got home and it mounted up to jack shit.
  • edited July 2010
    I thought this would be about wasps and bees.

My waitress friend got a $1.50 tip on a $45 bill. At that point why even bother tipping, it's like rubbing it in your face.

Mr%20Pink%20no%20tip.JPG

You know what this is? It's the world's smallest violin, playing just for the waitresses.
  • PigPig Regular
    edited July 2010
    L33tz wrote: »
    ive seen someone take the whole tip jar and run out the store

Niggers, they be.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    I guess the time that me n the buds forced sobey's to entirely remove their whole bulk candy aisle through merciless shoplifting lol. I still feel like that was a funny one, they knew there was shit all to do about it in the end.