Wearing Converse on Night Ops

edited January 2011 in Man Cave
Does anyone have any experience with wearing Converse when doing Night Ops? I usually go out in different shoes, but I've had a pair of converse for a while now so they're nice and worn in - silent to walk in. Just wondering about grip/reliability before I actually take them out.

Experiences?

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • edited January 2011
    No ankle support would suck when climbing and dropping from a height - I loved my skate shoes for that sort of thing. Shame about the grip too, but I think Converse may have their purpose when you're doing Ops in a more relaxed environment. If you're not climbing, jumping or dropping then Converse could be the answer to a comfy Operation. Plus, the generic print on the sole of the shoe is harder to trace than other footwear as they're such a common shoe.

Kinda answered my own question there, huh.
  • edited January 2011
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    I love converse for ops. the flexibility is great, the ankle support isnt a prob if you have decent "ankle" strength and they are silent as fuck! i love umm. but thats just my opinion.
  • edited January 2011
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::rolleyes::facepalm:
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::facepalm::rolleyes::facepalm:
    :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
    :facepalm::rolleyes::facepalm::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    :facepalm::rolleyes::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Oh i get it its supposed to be a swastika lol. any way no ankle support isnt a problem especialy if you have the high top converse. and strength will make a difference as well as pain tolerence. the pain tolerence is for just in case you have to make a hasty escape off a high place.
  • edited January 2011
    I don't see how they could be a problem, but as for skate shoes... hope you don't plan on doing any climbing. Also, try to keep night ops discussions in that thread - keeps everything together and gives it a better chance of being stickied (take a hint, whoever the mod here is).
  • edited January 2011
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    You've obviously never made a "hasty escape off a high place" with a broken ankle. Let people with experience give advice instead of writing stupid fiction that will get people injured and/or arrested. If you don't know, which you don't, keep your mouth shut.

for 1 im not using my mouth o great 1 of intelligence. and 2 iv dropped off a four story building a broke both ankles. a regular person can handle a 2 story drop with some pain, a 3 story drop you have a possibility of snapping your ankles like i did. but most likely you will have a minimal fractures and should be able to limp home (thats if your not miles away)
  • edited January 2011
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    No one has ever survived a 3 story freefall.

Well then i must be a zombie then. cool. :D
  • edited January 2011
    JestA wrote: »
    iv dropped off a four story building a broke both ankles

LOL. You'd have broken a lot more than that if it were true...
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    LOL. You'd have broken a lot more than that if it were true...

well for 1 i dont remember most of that night, because i was drunk at a party an cops came so i got paranoid and jumped. the next thing i can recall is waking up in a hospital with a soft cast on both legs up to the knee. they told me i was lucky i survived and that i had only broken my ankles.
  • edited January 2011
    JestA wrote: »
    well for 1 i dont remember most of that night, because i was drunk at a party an cops came so i got paranoid and jumped. the next thing i can recall is waking up in a hospital with a soft cast on both legs up to the knee. they told me i was lucky i survived and that i had only broken my ankles.

EzHTE.jpg
    Neat!
    P.S. Pakistanis sniff cum
  • edited January 2011
    By all means jump off of a great height when wearing your crappy converse if you want to, but it's not something I'll be doing anytime soon. Greatest hieght I've ever jumped from is about 2 storeys, and even that was onto some sand with my skate shoes on (I was at the beach).

I'll stick to my Converse for sneaking and general stealth. I might actually kit up with some other shoes in a backpack in case I need to be climbing, dropped off at the Op location the night before or something as I hate doing an Op with a backpack on.
  • edited January 2011
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • edited January 2011
    I used to hate it too. Get a really closing fitting backpack. I got a Maxpedition Monsoon, strapped it on tight, and I barely even notice it unless I need to climb.

What sort of gear would you carry in your backpack? I find that if it's too light then it annoys me more, and if it's too heavy then it slows down my performance and you get tired a lot quicker. I'll try looking for a tighter fitting one, or I may just strap this one as tight as it goes. If I can get away with not taking one at all, then that's the best idea IMO :D
  • edited January 2011
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2011
    trx, don't. They are flexible, yes, and all other things as well...but what if you were going through a building site, stepped on a nail or something. I've seen it happen. Get some half-decent boots which are a decent investment.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited January 2011
    What is this? Fatty actually contributing? O nOez!
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited January 2011
    hydration carrier (brand name removed so as not to arouse Dfg)
    I lol'd :thumbsup:

As for wearing converse, I imagine they would be a pain in the ass to run with. They don't get a lot of traction either.
  • edited January 2011
    hydration carrier (brand name removed so as not to arouse Dfg

Very subtle :D
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited January 2011
    All the cons I have ever owned have had a sole that is the same thickness all the way along with the shoe - no good for starting rolls and they have had no absorbtion properties at all. No problems if you are a parkour master, but for the average man, just no absorbtion properties.

What I did like about them is that they are light and canvas - they dry out very quickly if they get wet.

And who ever posted that cops wont take sold prints unless it is a murder is a fucktard. Its like saying cops only take fingerprints if its a murder.

Commit a property crime or crime against a person - burn the shoes you were wearing.
  • edited January 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    Commit a property crime or crime against a person - burn the shoes you were wearing.

:facepalm:
  • edited January 2011
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • Z28Z28 Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    Why not just plan ahead, use Google Maps streetview to avoid high fences and other obstacles that could slow you down majorly. Find hide outs. Have at least 3 different routes. Also you could just buy a cheap pair of running shoes at Walmart or wherever and use a knife to cut off some grip about a third of the way from the toe. I'll post a picture of what I mean later.

Untitled-1.png

I think that little notch would greatly help on chain fences and other things.
    edited January 2011
    You must go through shoes like water.

You must value your liberty like you value gum.
  • edited January 2011
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • fr0st_Bytefr0st_Byte Sumpin' c00L
    edited January 2011
    No, I'm just smart enough not to think CSI is a documentary.

If you are arrested for most felonies and they may be able to prove your guilt by your shoe print and they have a chance to take your shoes, they will.

I have been locked up with more than a few people that came in with no shoes because they detectives took them. This is from 100% personal, first-hand experience.
  • edited January 2011
    fr0st_Byte wrote: »
    If you are arrested for most felonies and they may be able to prove your guilt by your shoe print and they have a chance to take your shoes, they will.

I have been locked up with more than a few people that came in with no shoes because they detectives took them. This is from 100% personal, first-hand experience.

They often take your shoes so you can't hang yourself with the laces if they think you might be a suicide risk.
    edited January 2011
    They often take your shoes so you can't hang yourself with the laces if they think you might be a suicide risk.

In the UK, they will take your shoes if they think their is even the remotest chance of them being evidence.

With regards to them taking your shoes so you dont hang yourself with your laces, if the custody desk is not so busy, they like to take your laces out of your shoes - quite often becuase they think it is funny as fuck watching someone try to relace their shoes with laces that the ends are fucked on when they are released.
  • fr0st_Bytefr0st_Byte Sumpin' c00L
    edited January 2011

Dude trust me, I've been to prison before and to county several times. And I'm not bragging, it's stupid of me and has ruined most of my teens and all of my 20's.

I know the difference between when they take the laces from someone's shoes and when they take their shoes as evidence. :rolleyes:
  • The NegotiatorThe Negotiator Regular
    edited January 2011
    I usually wear Converse on ops, jumping from heights isn't a problem, the highest I need to jump are fences which would be about 6ft high.

I've started going barefoot a lot lately though, anyone else just ditch their shoes completely?
  • edited January 2011
    I usually wear Converse on ops, jumping from heights isn't a problem, the highest I need to jump are fences which would be about 6ft high.

I've started going barefoot a lot lately though, anyone else just ditch their shoes completely?

That's a good method used for strengthening up your muscles in your ankles, legs and feet which help you so much when doing ops. Also, ditching the shoes helps your balance SO much.