Should I ask other girl out before breaking up?

miridiusmiridius Semo-Regulars
edited January 2011 in Life
So here's the situation:

I've been with my gf for about 4 yrs. I broke up with her when i went travelling for 3 months(I'd been wanting to break up for a while, the trip seemed like a good time.) We immediately got back together when I returned, we just sort of fell straight back into a relationship. We now live together and have been for a year. I've been unhappy for a while now and I've been thinking of breaking up again - its difficult though because we live together.

I was recently working away for a few days and I met a girl I really like. I don't know if she likes me, she hasn't made any major signs or moves so I don't know. Anyway, having come back home and returning to my normal place of work - this new girl is gonna be at my work for the next 3 or 4 weeks so i will be seeing her everyday. If I was single I'd have no problem asking her out - i don't know if its appropriate though if I have a gf.

I don't know if this new girl knows I have a gf. If she does, i don't know how she would react if I asked her out. Should I be honest and tell her I have a gf but that im planning to break up with her? Or do I break up with gf first - because we live together i want to choose and good time to break the news so that we will be at the end of our lease and can easily move out. This will be in february - Should I wait before chasing the new girl and risk her finding someone else in the next 2 months?

Any comments/advice welcome.

Comments

• Sarahlov3lySarahlov3ly Regular
    edited January 2011
    miridius- I'm curious after 3-4 weeks where is she going to go with work? If your unhappy with the way things are going be straight up with your girl. Tell her how you feel and where you guys stand. Dont leave her in the dark about things and then BAM you drop her. As for the other girl talk with her you'll see after a few days if she is feeling you. I wouldn't say you have a gf at the moment but you plan on getting rid of her, that sounds tacky and that would kill it for me.
  • edited January 2011
    Stop being a pussy. If you're unhappy in your current relationship, fix it or get out of it. Life's too short to spend it unhappy.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited January 2011
    You're using this new girl as an excuse to finally break up with a girl you don't want to be with. Quit waiting and get out now. Move your shit out and be done with it. Don't drag another girl into your life when you're in transition. Wait until you have your life in order (new living space, etc.) before trying to start anything.

It'd be pretty retarded to cheat on your girlfriend when you could just as easily man the fuck up, end the relationship, and move on properly.
  • mynicknamemynickname Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    fanglekai wrote: »
    You're using this new girl as an excuse to finally break up with a girl you don't want to be with. Quit waiting and get out now. Move your shit out and be done with it. Don't drag another girl into your life when you're in transition. Wait until you have your life in order (new living space, etc.) before trying to start anything.

It'd be pretty retarded to cheat on your girlfriend when you could just as easily man the fuck up, end the relationship, and move on properly.

This, and this actually just helped me out as well... Will I listen maybe, I'm stubborn
  • DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah.

My philosphy on situations like this is be ready. When looking for a new job, you should keep your current job until you find a new job. Get what I'm saying?
  • thatsMYdogthatsMYdog Regular
    edited January 2011
    Eh, I'd be careful with that. What if your girlfriend finds out about the other girl while you aren't home one day? Do you think she would do anything with your property?