Mexican drug smugglers resort to catapulting marijuana across border

warbeastwarbeast Regular
edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
LOL, too bad it's shitty weed 99% of the time. Mexico does have some good weed, great in fact, and can rival the quality of even cali medical weed, but it's good because of the land it grows in, not the people growing it, and the breeders, if there is any, don't know how to increase the yield of mexico's best weed while maintaining the best qualities, so they sell crap weed(indica) that has a much higher yield.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/929116--would-be-smugglers-planned-to-catapult-drugs-over-border?bn=1

I hope someone puts a stop to all this shit-weed smuggling. We don't need that poop here in the US, and anyone that smokes it needs to have their teeth knocked out.

Comments

• VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, it's mostly shitty weed. However, there are some epic strains and shit up in the mountains and several other places. Just gotta meet the right people.

Anyway, weed is weed, you're still gonna smoke it. Apparently you do need shitty weed in the US; seeing as you're pretty much the only reason all this drug smuggling and shit exists in the first place. Bunch of stoner gringos :cool:
  • warbeastwarbeast Regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, lots of idiots in the US. Can't deny that. What they should've done is put the sling shot in a van to hide it, and shot out the back of the van(or truck bed), in smaller quantities so it would be pretty much impossible to see it going over. It would only take a few minutes to shoot pounds over this way. Harder to spot from the air too. But people just lack the patience and creativity most of the time.
    edited January 2011
    Rock or sand colored weed packages/pellets.. Or hash. I don't understand why they don't send over more hash. So much easier to smuggle cause it's so compact.
    edited January 2011
    2 grams hash per ounce. 16 ounces per pound... 32 grams of hash per pound. thats 400$ per ounce of hash. 6,400$ per pound of hash. 32,000$ per pound of hash if its high quality...

wouldnt be hard for them to just order some seeds from california or netherlands with high potency + high yield, convert harvest to hash and then sling shot the pellets of hash over.

id buy it if it was hash. main reason i dont buy mexican shwag is cause it's harsh as fuck on the lungs and throat sometimes, but if its hash theres no harshness, no need to cure.
    edited January 2011
    3000$ for underground room with generator and 2 months worth of fuel, yielding about 10 pounds of bud every 2 months. ah the possibilities.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2011
    warbeast wrote: »
    2 grams hash per ounce. 16 ounces per pound... 32 grams of hash per pound. thats 400$ per ounce of hash. 6,400$ per pound of hash. 32,000$ per pound of hash if its high quality...

wouldnt be hard for them to just order some seeds from california or netherlands with high potency + high yield, convert harvest to hash and then sling shot the pellets of hash over.

id buy it if it was hash. main reason i dont buy mexican shwag is cause it's harsh as fuck on the lungs and throat sometimes, but if its hash theres no harshness, no need to cure.

1 ounce = 28.3495231 grams

1 pound = 453.59237 grams

At $5/Gram = $2267.96 per pound

At $10/Gram = $4535.92 per pound

edited January 2011

ill think about that when im sober
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    I think it's proven already that mexican cartels know how to do their shit when smuggling drugs through the border brah.
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited January 2011
    LOL at Totse telling the Cartels the best way to make their money.
    edited January 2011
    Vizier wrote: »
    I think it's proven already that mexican cartels know how to do their shit when smuggling drugs through the border brah.

yeah, they do get shitloads over even with all the billion dollar technology. but this catapult failed. a lot of the smugglers fail, and they could increase their profits dramatically by being more creative.
    edited January 2011

damn you darkrodent. my gf caught me doing that before too, just realized. im like ricky from trailer park boys when it comes to math. i used to win awards for math and beat everyone in competitions, then i started using drugs :(
    edited January 2011
    damn you darkrodent. my gf caught me doing that before too, just realized. im like ricky from trailer park boys when it comes to math. i used to win awards for math and beat everyone in competitions, then i started using drugs :(

:D :thumbsup:
    edited January 2011
    and what about the upstarts??? so many poor people in mexico, they just need to improve this catapult idea the way i said, and then, way more jobs for all those poor people
    edited January 2011
    LOL at Totse telling the Cartels the best way to make their money.

I don't think this was the cartels. Unless they were bored and wanted to try something new. They have much better ways of getting stuff over the border. Usually they use mules, tunnels and vehicles. Sometimes UAVs even.

A paintball gun could fire paintball sized balls of hash across the border. Either camoflaged to look like rocks or just have a bunch of people in mexico shooting paintballs across the border at americans so they can't tell the paintballs apart from the hash balls. A paintball gun can hold probably a couple pounds of hash. That's a lot of money.
    edited January 2011
    9070$ per pound at 20$ per gram(common prices here).

32 grams of hash per pound of bud

126,980$ per pound of hash, at the most.

It would be hard for the border patrol to find all those balls of hash out there in the desert. I live in it, so I would know.
    edited January 2011
    Even at $20 per gram that is still only $9071.84 per pound.
    edited January 2011
    Government doesn't actually mind having mexicans in the US. The truth is, the border patrol aren't actually there to keep mexicans out or drugs out. The CIA has historically relied on the illicit drug trade to fund its off the books operations. The border patrol is to keep americans in, when martial law is declared. That's why they scrapped the fence idea. Most of the technology at the border will be used selectively. They scrapped the fence idea, and will not use other ideas to keep illegals and drugs out, because they need the illegals and drugs.

When they want to keep you in america, the border has a lot of sensors and cameras, monitors. You have no constitutional rights within one mile of the border. They'll just shoot you if you resist. Or lock you in a nice FEMA trailer with a healthy level of formaldehyde and other goodies.
    edited January 2011
    Even at $20 per gram that is still only $9071.84 per pound.

Assuming people won't pay the same price for a gram of hash as they would for an ounce of bud.. But they would. You're thinking of bud prices. A pound of hash is worth way more than a pound of bud.
    edited January 2011
    Assuming people won't pay the same price for a gram of hash as they would for an ounce of bud.. But they would. You're thinking of bud prices. A pound of hash is worth way more than a pound of bud.

I am assuming only a price of $5, $10, or $20 per gram of hash. In that case, when 1 pound = 453.59237 grams you would get the amounts listed in my previous posts. Your statement that a pound of hash would fetch $126,980.00 assumes that people would pay $279.94 per gram for hash.
    edited January 2011
    I am assuming only a price of $5, $10, or $20 per gram of hash. In that case, when 1 pound = 453.59237 grams you would get the amounts listed in my previous posts. Your statement that a pound of hash would fetch $126,980.00 assumes that people would pay $279.94 per gram for hash.

If you're extracting most of the THC and other cannabinoids which get you high, why not? The trichomes that come off easiest are the best ones. All the rest don't really matter.There's a lot of people that pay as much as 600 per ounce of good bud. It's crazy but that's how it is.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited January 2011
    If you're extracting most of the THC and other cannabinoids which get you high, why not? The trichomes that come off easiest are the best ones. All the rest don't really matter.There's a lot of people that pay as much as 600 per ounce of good bud. It's crazy but that's how it is.

So, you either:

1. Think that people would pay near $8000 for an ounce of hash.

2. Can not do sums.
    edited January 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    So, you either:

1. Think that people would pay near $8000 for an ounce of hash.

2. Can not do sums.

For the best possible hash, yes. They would. A lot would actually. If you think about it, it's not hard to understand. You'll get high just about as many times from the amount of hash you get from the ounce of bud as you would from the bud. It's also a better high. And a lot of people would rather smoke hash because they don't like inhaling a lot of tar. This isn't even counting what rich people pay.
    edited January 2011
    People that disagree just want to brag about getting great deals on hash. And that's fine.