Sony to allow PS3 game saves in the cloud

SanitySanity New Arrival
edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Sony has just announced that in the next firmware update users will have the ability to save game data to the cloud. The feature will be called Online Saving and will be available in Firmware update 3.6.0. Online Saving will be available to PlayStation Plus subscribers only.

I had a feeling it would move this way as technology advances.

Read More

Comments

• edited January 2011
    I really don't like this Cloud business. It's becoming so that we don't actually own things anymore, and instead things which we buy are owned by the company which we buy them from. Good idea though, especially if you lose all your shit.
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited January 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    I really don't like this Cloud business. It's becoming so that we don't actually own things anymore, and instead things which we buy are owned by the company which we buy them from. Good idea though, especially if you lose all your shit.

I agree with you completely, if I spend £30 or what ever on a game then I want it to come on a disc even if I rarely ever use it I like to actually see what I get with my money.

Anyway does seem like a useful feature for back-ups and the like. Also what in John Merryweather's name is playstation plus? Is it like gold on the 360?
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited January 2011
    kfc v lot wrote: »
    I agree with you completely, if I spend £30 or what ever on a game then I want it to come on a disc even if I rarely ever use it I like to actually see what I get with my money.

This, states Rolf, for Rolf has bought a single game off steam and Rolf only bought off steam due to the inability to buy said game locally, states Rolf.