The Scoop on Poop

DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
edited February 2011 in Spurious Generalities
http://www.heptune.com/poop.html

This link will provide you with everything you ever want to know about poop. Here are some sample questions from the site.
Why does some poop float?

(Question submitted by High Rise)
Floaters are turds that have an unusually high gas content. Sometimes the gases produced by bacteria in our gut don't have a chance to collect into a large fart bubble, but remain dispersed in the feces. The poop then comes out foamy, and has a lower density than water. Poop with a high fat content will also float.

What causes the burning sensation sometimes associated with poop?

(Question submitted by torrance crump)
This is generally caused by a recent meal of hot peppers or related spices. The oils associated with these foods remain intact and active all the way through one's gastrointestinal system. These oils can also generate hot farts.

Why does some poop hurt when it comes out?

(Question submitted by Rwinger01)
Turds can get very large and dry if a person is constipated, causing painful stretching of the anal opening. Pooping can also hurt if the person has hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids are engorged veins in the anal area. A doctor once described them to me as "varicose veins of the anus," which suggests that the valves in the veins that are supposed to keep the blood flowing in the right direction have gotten messed up. Pooping can also be painful if the person suffers from an anal fissure, a tear in the tissue of the rectum.

Why does poop sometimes fizzle like Alka Seltzer when it hits the water?

(Question submitted by Penelope B.)
Fizzling can happen if the poop is supercharged with bubbles of fart gas. After discharge from the body, the poop is in a lower pressure environment and it degasses.

Is it possible for a man to have poop come out of his penis, or for a woman to poop out of her vaginal opening?

(Question submitted by Booby Poop, Jr. and LaysTatoChips222)
Not normally; fortunately the plumbing of the genitalia is entirely separate from the plumbing of the digestive system! However, there are certain pathological situations that can cause the pipes to get connected together wrong. Cancer can do it, as can surgical diversions of the human tubing. Such fistulas, as they are called, can cause feces to come out of the urinary system, or urine to come out of the anus.

Comments

• Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited February 2011
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited February 2011
    Are there people who eat poop?
    Yes, we all have, at one point or another. One of the main ways that diseases and parasites spread is through the consumption of food and water contaminated with feces. This happens because people don't wash their hands carefully after pooping or changing a diaper or scratching their butt. It can also happen through careless disposal of diapers. Our microbiologist here on Guam says that one dirty diaper in Tumon Bay can send the bacteria count through the ceiling.
    But of course, what you want to know is, are there people who eat poop on purpose? Again, the answer is yes. In rare instances, people with severe developmental and psychological disorders practice pica, the consumption of non-food items, including coprophagy, the ingestion of feces. The behavior may also be observed among very young toddlers. Coprophagy is also listed as an unusual sexual practice in the encyclopedia of that name. Some people who practice sexual coprophagy say that only a lover's poop is good to eat; all other poop (including their own) makes them gag.
    I have personally known only one person who ate poop on purpose, and she only did it once, when she was about four years old. She says she was curious about what it tasted like. When asked what poop does taste like, she replies, "About like you'd expect."
    By the way, for all of you who are wondering, the author of this page does NOT eat poop.

Lulz.
  • Turd_SmasherTurd_Smasher Regular
    edited February 2011
    I have unusual poop sometimes. Like once in a while it's green and looks like moss. And sometimes I get clear diarrhea that looks like cum. I used to be lactose intolerant so maybe my insides are really messed up.