Hangover cures(food).

edited March 2011 in Life
Gatorade, energy drinks, various pills, these can all help with a hangover. But what do you go to for food once the pipes feel like they can handle something solid? A few posts here seem to indicate a spicy fish soup is good, I like a Vietnamese dish called pho. What do you crave when you wake up on the floor?

C/O

Comments

• AnarchyMasterAnarchyMaster Regular
    edited February 2011
    The trick is to drink a bottle of water an hour BEFORE you go to sleep and take a multivitamin.

Whenever I do that I never get a hangover.
  • edited February 2011
    I always crave cheese, but I can never stomach it. If I can manage to eat, I'll take a fried breakfast. Eggs, bacon, sausages, fried bread and hash-browns makes me feel much better.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited February 2011
    Ginseng tea.

And bacon. Lots of bacon.
  • edited February 2011
    The trick is to drink a bottle of water an hour BEFORE you go to sleep and take a multivitamin.

Whenever I do that I never get a hangover.

If you pass some water through you before bed, you're bound to feel much better.
  • TSAoDTSAoD Regular
    edited February 2011
    The best hangover cure is to prevent it in the first place.

You shouldn't be getting them if you stay away from cheap booze and keep hydrated.
  • PennywisePennywise Regular
    edited February 2011
    Pop a benzo take a nap and you'll wake up feeling just fine.
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited February 2011
    As has been evidenced here when your hungover your body craves fatty foods try some kippers..
    I luckily don't get hangovers..
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited February 2011
    Eggs anyway you like them.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited February 2011
    Drink lots of water. I've found stuff like eggs cure hangovers somewhat. Shit like Clamato juice also goes well on the stomach, same with soups. For some reason pizza also works like a charm.

In order to avoid severe hangovers, try drinking normal beer/booze. I've noticed you get horrible hangovers when you drink too much light beer, because all it does is make you piss more, hence dehydrating you quicker.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited February 2011
    Greasy ass burgers.
  • DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited February 2011
    Space brownie.
  • edited February 2011
    a few shots/beers/glasses of wine cures a hangover. or benzos
  • FONFON Regular
    edited February 2011
    Bacon, eggs, sausage, hash brown, mushrooms, tea and weed.
  • My Mom Is DeadMy Mom Is Dead Regular
    edited February 2011
    kfc v lot wrote: »
    As has been evidenced here when your hungover your body craves fatty foods try some kippers..
    I luckily don't get hangovers..
    ^ Try drinking double what you normally drink because there's no way you can never have a hangover.
    Agreed. It used to piss me off when my little sister and brother would claim that shit.
    One night of drinking with me set them straight, though. :angry::angry::angry:

My "cure" is more booze, and a couple prairie oysters. If I'm hungover enough, though, there is no hope for feeling better. Just lay in bed and hope for death.
    I suspect those days are recovery from alcohol poisoning. :(
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited February 2011
    I eat just about anything and everything once I can stomach ingestion again, but a good hearty breakfast is the best.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited February 2011
    Also vegemite toast if you are feeling especially fragile.
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited February 2011
    Agreed. It used to piss me off when my little sister and brother would claim that shit.
    One night of drinking with me set them straight, though. :angry::angry::angry:

My "cure" is more booze, and a couple prairie oysters. If I'm hungover enough, though, there is no hope for feeling better. Just lay in bed and hope for death.
    I suspect those days are recovery from alcohol poisoning. :(

Generally if I am the pub I'll drink 8pints or so of ale walk home chill out then head to bed. The only time I ever had one was when I was 14 and drank half a bottle of green chartreuesse. I could hardly walk, came onto my friends mom and then proceeded to projectile vomit.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited February 2011
    i heard menudo works really well. I agree with the greasy burgers, mcdonalds works wonders sometimes.
  • My Mom Is DeadMy Mom Is Dead Regular
    edited February 2011
    i heard menudo works really well.

That's if you can get it down to begin with. Isn't that shit cow intestines? I'm hardly even hungover, and it makes me feel sick thinking about it.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited February 2011
    ^ Try drinking double what you normally drink because there's no way you can never have a hangover.

I never got them untill I was about 22. Mind you that was downing a fifth of beam.

Now I can't avoid them. Even a sixer leaves me feeling shitty the next day. OH well, just a reason to drink more. If I'm going to get hungover might as well drink as much as I please.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited February 2011

I never get hangovers no matter how much I drink. The worst I get is just feeling extremely thirsty the next morning. I guess I'm just lucky so far.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited February 2011
    I never get hangovers no matter how much I drink. The worst I get is just feeling extremely thirsty the next morning. I guess I'm just lucky so far.

It'll catch up to you eventually, like it did me. I'm hoping you get the debilitating hangovers like I do now. I guess I got punished for over indulgence.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited February 2011
    i heard menudo works really well. I agree with the greasy burgers, mcdonalds works wonders sometimes.

Yeah menudo does wonders.
    That's if you can get it down to begin with. Isn't that shit cow intestines? I'm hardly even hungover, and it makes me feel sick thinking about it.

Cow stomach to be more precise, with corn kernels and other shit. Tastes delicious, actually.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited February 2011
    I have menudo before and it's great. C/O should make a guide. Also hangovers suck. Fuck drinking all together.
  • SHANE14SHANE14 Regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm yet to find my perfect hangover food but for now I make do with eggs with whatever else I can stomach (toast, baked beans, bacon).
    It's not food but peppermint tea never fails to soothe my grog gut
  • edited February 2011
    SHANE14 wrote: »
    I'm yet to find my perfect hangover food but for now I make do with eggs with whatever else I can stomach (toast, baked beans, bacon).
    It's not food but peppermint tea never fails to soothe my grog gut

Peppermint tea, hmm, going to try that sometime, thanks.
  • edited February 2011
    I never used to get hangovers either but after i turned 20 it went all down hill quickly. now if i have more than 3 beers it feels like someone kicked me in the head and that i just ate sushi from the back of a truck in the middle of the nevada desert, that being said I drink water throughout the night and eating a big bacon egg and cheese grinder and some greek yogurt the morning after seems to do the trick
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited February 2011
    More booze if it's readily available.
    Emergen-C for the headache, if it's not.
    In the days where nausea was common, I usually went to Jimmy John's. Felt better within an hour or so. Not sure what it is about their sammiches. Tried making my own cold cuts at home, and it didn't do shit. Might be the amount of meat and bread they use, shooting my protein and sugar levels way the fuck up.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited February 2011
    Raw Oysters and tabasco sauce.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited February 2011
    ^^^ yum

red gatorade 32oz

Barbacoa taco, and bacon egg taco

You'll be ready for a mickeys after that son.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited February 2011
    Boat loads of tea with milk and honey to start.

A good breakfast of Eggs, bacon, sausage, black pudding, kidney, white pudding, a rosti, stewed tomatoes, a leek grilled or baked in butter and spelt bread and butter.

Or

Kippers and spelt bread and butter.

Or

A spliff and more booze.

Or

Hard physical work.

You can do more than one.
  • Native ReserveNative Reserve Regular
    edited February 2011
    Wake up drink a cup of water with a vitamin, buy a few double cheeseburgers and some gatorade.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited February 2011
    never do a bump of coke when you are recovering from hangover.

that shit will make you puke your ass up and give you the

shits for a while
  • edited February 2011
    Personal favorite is: sesame chicken, cream cheese won-tons and egg rolls. All from the local Asian joint, Ho King. Awesome name right? Oh and a big glass of water.

Cream cheese wontons? I will assume these are deep fried, and that sounds nasty good. At a place called Kelly O'Brians we did the same mix you would get in a stuffed mushroom cap, rolled in a wonton wrapper, and deep fried, fuck those were good. And if I was hung I would toss a few in the fryer at the start of my shift, for fucking sure.
  • AverageAverage Regular
    edited February 2011
    I tend to stay away from fried, greasy foods because my gas is already bad and I get the shits. So I usually end up eating a lot of fruits and vegetables.
  • AverageAverage Regular
    edited February 2011
    I can see how the grease soaks up food, but I tend to get diarrhea with greasy foods as well with the alcohol. Which is why I tend to eat very light. I'd probably end up eating something greasy before drinking though.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited February 2011
    There's nothing better for a hangover than pizza or a nice sized burger and plenty of soda. Mountain Dew preferably... always does the trick.
  • 4206942069 Regular
    edited February 2011
    Cactus and egg burritos + champagne
    you can buy cactus in a can at almost any store
  • busxbusx Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    Definitely prairie oysters. For those who dont know, it's a raw egg with worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt and pepper.