Comments

• AmieAmie Regular
    edited February 2011
    It's dealextreme, so it's gonna be shitty quality. Yes, if you sharpen it, it will cut. But IMO, you either buy a quality knife or just buy a stanley knife or some other sort of utility blade. Those will cut too, and much better than that chinese shit, and you won't care if you lose them and you won't try using them as a prybar and hurt yourself when it snaps.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited February 2011
    It's a ceramic knife though...
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited February 2011
    I missed the ceramic part, true.

I wouldn't want a ceramic folder (not sturdy enough, I know I'm gonna drop it on concrete / try using it as a screwdriver / prybar at some point), but it might be nice to put the blade in a DIY handle. Certainly cheaper than buying a ceramic kife here.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited February 2011
    Hmm, I suppose if you'd like to diy a handle I'd get a cheaper knife. Abs plastic handle will melt right off.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/chic-chefs-horizontal-ceramic-knife-28781
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited February 2011
    Doesnt look too bad for what it is. Well made ceramic knives are made of zirconia, but it is very possible that these are made of the cheaper (but harder and much more brittle) alumina. Still, it should hold an edge very well and wont chip if you use it properly.

It doesnt seem like its easy to open, but as an EDC knife, it shouldnt be a issue. The price may indicate the construction quality will be kind of crappy and you may get a loose blade, or handle delamination.