Nigga Caught a Sand Shark

Comments

• jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited February 2011
    lol, that sum gud eating rite thurr
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited February 2011
    That picture screams post-apocalypse all over.
  • edited February 2011
    Fuck, wherever that is I want to vacation there so I can have "post apacalyptic fantasy campout night" The only media allowed would be a short wave radio, the food would be bone-in varmints cooked on sticks, the only drugs would be moonshine and ketamine.

C/O
    "Ich bin eine wastelander"
  • UsernameUsername Acolyte
    edited February 2011
    I bet that would taste good! :D
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited February 2011
    That's a "bronze whaler"
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited February 2011
    lol, that sum gud eating rite thurr
    Username wrote: »
    I bet that would taste good! :D

In the early 80's I lived on Hatteras Island, NC. The locals down there shared a recipe for sand/dog shark with me while I lived there.

They would cut the shark into steaks and soak them in a mixture of whole milk and a bit of soy sauce overnight in the fridge. From there they would cut it up into chunks and saute it in butter over a low heat. once the shark was golden brown they would add a mix of vegetables and serve it over egg noodles.

Most of the tourists who surf fished the beach would get their panties in a bunch anytime they hooked a sand/dog shark and toss it up on the beach so they would not catch the same shark again. From time to time when I saw one of them about to toss a fresh one in the sand I would approach them and ask them for it.

It was a great way to get free good tasting meat. What many folks don't know is this. Often times when your order scallops from landlocked areas it is actually "pressed" shark. The next time you order scallops from a middle of the road joint take closer look and if the scallops are uniform in size and shape or if you notice there is an assortment of 3 or 4 basic sizes and shapes you are most likely eating shark.
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited February 2011
    Haters gonna hate...
  • MordFustangMordFustang Regular
    edited February 2011
    lol at the two guys in the background thinking WTF.