Laser for sale

KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
edited February 2011 in Man Cave
I'm selling my laser. It's a 250mw one, a good one (not a chink POS)
It's focusable, and yes, it burns. It's like having a lightsaber that's a few miles long.

I'm looking to get about $240, a fair price considering I paid $500 for it a year ago. Batteries and charger included.

nz74I.jpg

You can see the beam in a room lit by 4 60 watt light bulbs.

uo6pZ.jpg

At night it's amazing:

greU5.jpg

Comments

• edited February 2011
    I will trade you three vials of my semen for that. Filled to the brim.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited February 2011
    No trades
  • skomskusskomskus New Arrival
    edited February 2011
    It's like having a lightsaber that is a few miles long, don't forget to add that.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited February 2011
    i would buy it if i wanted to buy it. but i have no need. I still am waiting for your death ray btw
  • edited February 2011
    No trades

How about I just give you the semen then?
  • Habaner0Habaner0 Regular
    edited February 2011
    That's a fucking shit price. I could get a 1w for 60 bucks more.

http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/Spyder_III_Pro_Arctic_Series-96-37.html
  • proudclod9proudclod9 Regular
    edited February 2011
    How about I just give you the semen then?

Spread the seed, right?
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited February 2011
    Too expensive :o:o
    edited February 2011
    Habaner0 wrote: »
    That's a fucking shit price. I could get a 1w for 60 bucks more.

http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/Spyder_III_Pro_Arctic_Series-96-37.html

#1, the arctics put out 600milliwatts.
    #2, they are built like shit.
    #3, they take 3 months to get to you.
    #4, they die quickly.
    #5, that's blue, not green. Green is the brightest laser you can get.

Green lases are much more expensive than blue ones. Y?
    Here, lemme explain how green lasers work.

See here >> http://i.imgur.com/L8hD9.png

808nm infrared light is sent into a crystal of ND:YVO4, and that pumps it. The crystal then lases at 1064nm, converting about 50% of the 808 to 1064. Then the 1064 feeds into the KTP and adds upon itself, doubling to 532nm (green). Then the 1064 and 808 are filtered out.

All and all the process is about 10% efficient. Most of the lasers that are put together have that 10% efficiency, but some might have up to 40%. Those ones are the ones that are sold as high power ones.

The cheap green lasers that you see at chink sites like DX don't have the filter. Invisible light comes out along with the green and they count that as power too. Invisible light doesn't help you much, and it's dangerous for your eyes. Generally, if it's less than $0.75 a milliwatt it's junk.
  • edited February 2011
    #4, they die quickly.

808nm infrared light is sent into a crystal of ND:YVO4, and that pumps it. The crystal then lases at 1064nm, converting about 50% of the 808 to 1064. Then the 1064 feeds into the KTP and adds upon itself, doubling to 532nm (green). Then the 1064 and 808 are filtered out.

All and all the process is about 10% efficient. Most of the lasers that are put together have that 10% efficiency, but some might have up to 40%. Those ones are the ones that are sold as high power ones.

The cheap green lasers that you see at chink sites like DX don't have the filter. Invisible light comes out along with the green and they count that as power too. Invisible light doesn't help you much, and it's dangerous for your eyes. Generally, if it's less than $0.75 a milliwatt it's junk.

4 vials. Final offer.
  • Habaner0Habaner0 Regular
    edited February 2011
    #4, they die quickly.

:mad::mad::mad: I don't care I just want to use the laser to light hobo's beards on fire from a distance. What's the effective ignition range for your laser? :mad:
    edited February 2011
    You can't do that kind of shit even with 1 watt of blue. You'll need a 40 watt CO2.