The pro marijuana crowd is pathetic

DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
edited February 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Seriously out of all the activists the people that make up the movement to legalize weed make me laugh the most. Most stoners are to lazy to get up off the couch and try to bring real change. Weed is fine imo but stoner culture is idiotic. Most of them are hippies or wannabe gangstas. But when push comes to shove they have trouble changing any laws at all.

The people whose life revolves around getting high 24/ are even worse than the heroin addict because weed isn't even physically addictive. Yet you always here stoners bitching and crying when they can't get but.

Even worse is the way they claim weed is 100% harmless and it is a magical amazing plant with NO harmful side effects. Reasonable people will see that even though it is pretty safe that it still has a bad side to it. Frost byte says I look down on drug addicts but I'm nothing compared to the high horse the average stoner sits on.

So yeah fuck stoners and their sub culture. I smoke but not all the time and I kind of hope it remains illegal just so the bob Marley wannabes will stay pissed off.

Comments

• RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited February 2011
    Ok, my 2 cents.

I have a medical condition which means I am unable to walk some days. I get insane levels of nausea, am unable to eat, lose on average a stone a WEEK and this puts undue stress on myself, my family, my University personal TUtor, my Consultant etc.

Now, before you say "Well you're a worthless member of society" I have already written and taken part in some UK Political thinktanks, written articles for very well-regarded Journalist sites and strictly adhere to the "Do unto others" code. Fuck religion btw.
    I get high when my medical condition gets too bad. I've shit out half a pint of blood (another &T member can vouch for me on here) and been very close to death due to conventional medication and the side effects. Cannabis just does something that no other medication can, and unlike Opiates which I was addicted to for 5 years (and in those 5 years, I made some very big decisions, as well as achieved some awesome goals such as travelling, getting an internship at a company etc) it does not suck my soul out and shit on it. Opiates left me a hollow shell of what I once was, and I fucking hate it.
    Mary Jane has never done that. Has never taken over my life to the point where I am smoking all day, every day, and has certainly never made me a failure at any of the tasks, activities and life I had to lead in the eyes of those who know me - andsome of them are so anti drug, they refuse to even drink booze.

I will say, however, that weed has made some people into fucking dipshits and is now a crutch to justify their behaviour. That said, I know many successful stoners (Celebrities, personal friend who became a Mayor of a French Town etc). It's the person, not the drug. I also know people who cry, sleep, puke, fight, get loved-up etc on booze. Same shit, different substance.

That said, why the fuck did I just justify my right to live on a forum? Meh. And no, you aren't knowing my medical condition. It's not that common.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited February 2011
    shut up. You dont liike drugs

go fuck yourself
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited February 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    Ok, my 2 cents.

I have a medical condition which means I am unable to walk some days. I get insane levels of nausea, am unable to eat, lose on average a stone a WEEK and this puts undue stress on myself, my family, my University personal TUtor, my Consultant etc.

Now, before you say "Well you're a worthless member of society" I have already written and taken part in some UK Political thinktanks, written articles for very well-regarded Journalist sites and strictly adhere to the "Do unto others" code. Fuck religion btw.
    I get high when my medical condition gets too bad. I've shit out half a pint of blood (another &T member can vouch for me on here) and been very close to death due to conventional medication and the side effects. Cannabis just does something that no other medication can, and unlike Opiates which I was addicted to for 5 years (and in those 5 years, I made some very big decisions, as well as achieved some awesome goals such as travelling, getting an internship at a company etc) it does not suck my soul out and shit on it. Opiates left me a hollow shell of what I once was, and I fucking hate it.
    Mary Jane has never done that. Has never taken over my life to the point where I am smoking all day, every day, and has certainly never made me a failure at any of the tasks, activities and life I had to lead in the eyes of those who know me - andsome of them are so anti drug, they refuse to even drink booze.

I will say, however, that weed has made some people into fucking dipshits and is now a crutch to justify their behaviour. That said, I know many successful stoners (Celebrities, personal friend who became a Mayor of a French Town etc). It's the person, not the drug. I also know people who cry, sleep, puke, fight, get loved-up etc on booze. Same shit, different substance.

That said, why the fuck did I just justify my right to live on a forum? Meh. And no, you aren't knowing my medical condition. It's not that common.

See I have no problem with medical marijuana or recreational usage of it. What I hate are those dipshits you mentioned that make up a huge portion of people who smoke weed. I know not all people are like that myself included but they and wannabe gangstas are for sure the most vocal ones that smoke.
  • GrinchGrinch Regular
    edited February 2011
    Weed is fine imo but stoner culture is idiotic. Most of them are hippies or wannabe gangstas.

Even worse is the way they claim weed is 100% harmless and it is a magical amazing plant with NO harmful side effects. Reasonable people will see that even though it is pretty safe that it still has a bad side to it.

So yeah fuck stoners and their sub culture.

I can partially agree with you on this supposition, that a large number of stoners are in fact pathetic (for the lack of better wording). Not in the sense that they are unable to recognize that what they are doing is not exactly healthy (although what really is?) but in the sense that some tend to idolize the drug to a degree where it is placed upon an uplifted pedestal.

With thoughts similar to these, smoking individuals have a tendency to look past many of the adverse/negative side effects in awe of the positive/pleasurable effects. Basically, what I am trying to say is that many of the stoners that I come into contact with, are not completely willing to accept the consequences of their actions, despite their unwavering certainty to be fulfilled. Do not take this as the mindset of all marijuana smokers; we are talking about stoners here. I have associated with many respectable individuals who smoke on a regular basis, as well, I feel that I adequately manage my habits with respect to the well being of various aspects of my life.

Many stoners fail to recognize that they are inhibited in certain areas of their life, due to their attitudes regarding weed. Some individuals will defend the reputation of marijuana with such haste and to a degree that it appears that they identify any criticism as a personal offense. Too many individuals allow weed to hold too much significance in the definition of their personality as a whole.

In summary, yes, many stoners will chose to look past or fail to come to terms with the consequences of their actions. I have observed many marijuana enthusiasts (haha extremists?) take on the plant as their personal lord and savior, feeling the deep-rooted desire to share the good news of this "miracle plant" in such an over-exaggerated, evangelical manner that they are merely attempting to defend the negative attacks directed towards the subject, rather than treating the issue as an issue individually, allowing for a complete, respectable observation of the topic as a whole.
    Fuck religion btw.

A worthwhile sidenote. :thumbsup:
  • fr0st_Bytefr0st_Byte Sumpin' c00L
    edited February 2011
    Seriously out of all the activists the people that make up the movement to legalize weed make me laugh the most. Most stoners are to lazy to get up off the couch and try to bring real change. Weed is fine imo but stoner culture is idiotic. Most of them are hippies or wannabe gangstas. But when push comes to shove they have trouble changing any laws at all.

The people whose life revolves around getting high 24/ are even worse than the heroin addict because weed isn't even physically addictive. Yet you always here stoners bitching and crying when they can't get but.

Even worse is the way they claim weed is 100% harmless and it is a magical amazing plant with NO harmful side effects. Reasonable people will see that even though it is pretty safe that it still has a bad side to it. Frost byte says I look down on drug addicts but I'm nothing compared to the high horse the average stoner sits on.

So yeah fuck stoners and their sub culture. I smoke but not all the time and I kind of hope it remains illegal just so the bob Marley wannabes will stay pissed off.

Why the fuck do you come into BLTC to spout this bullshit? Damn I think you have mistaken us for people who give a fuck about your opinion.

Grinch wrote: »
    I can partially agree with you on this supposition, that a large number of stoners are in fact pathetic (for the lack of better wording). Not in the sense that they are unable to recognize that what they are doing is not exactly healthy (although what really is?) but in the sense that some tend to idolize the drug to a degree where it is placed upon an uplifted pedestal.

With thoughts similar to these, smoking individuals have a tendency to look past many of the adverse/negative side effects in awe of the positive/pleasurable effects. Basically, what I am trying to say is that many of the stoners that I come into contact with, are not completely willing to accept the consequences of their actions, despite their unwavering certainty to be fulfilled. Do not take this as the mindset of all marijuana smokers; we are talking about stoners here. I have associated with many respectable individuals who smoke on a regular basis, as well, I feel that I adequately manage my habits with respect to the well being of various aspects of my life.

Many stoners fail to recognize that they are inhibited in certain areas of their life, due to their attitudes regarding weed. Some individuals will defend the reputation of marijuana with such haste and to a degree that it appears that they identify any criticism as a personal offense. Too many individuals allow weed to hold too much significance in the definition of their personality as a whole.

In summary, yes, many stoners will chose to look past or fail to come to terms with the consequences of their actions. I have observed many marijuana enthusiasts (haha extremists?) take on the plant as their personal lord and savior, feeling the deep-rooted desire to share the good news of this "miracle plant" in such an over-exaggerated, evangelical manner that they are merely attempting to defend the negative attacks directed towards the subject, rather than treating the issue as an issue individually, allowing for a complete, respectable observation of the topic as a whole.

I respect this and was a much better argument than the OP. More thought out and more factual information.

Anyways, this topic is about bitching and moaning. So that is where it belongs. I will leave a permanent redirect, but it is going.
  • edited February 2011
    OP is, surprisingly correct.

I saw a show about marijuana, and it had an interview with some "pastor" who said "it is our right to smoke the tree of life"

If I ever see that faggot in real life I will punch him in the face
    I love smoking weed but I hate the idiots who make it the center of their pathetic, dreadlocked lives.
  • TSAoDTSAoD Regular
    edited February 2011
    I bet OP has never smoked marijuana or been around those who use it.
  • edited February 2011
    Weed is the lamest drug ever and most stoners are weed fanatics which is equally lame.

That said, it helped me when I was young with social anxiety and initially fitting in at parties, but these days the high just sucks. It just can't compare to the sheer beauty and gritty awesomeness that is LSD. More on topic, I'm at a loss on which side to take with the marijuana legalization campaign. I live in Humboldt County, basically the weed capital of the world, and our entire county's economy is run on pot. If legalized, lots of people would be FUCKED. Our economy would suffer worse than it already is. But, on the other hand, I almost want our economy to seize up and die. I don't want my town or this county to continue developing further than it has. I like things the way they are, but it seems like no matter what happens we're on the verge of big change. Sometimes I wish things could just stay exactly like they are.

The worst part is, a lot of the dumber stoners in my area are pro-legalization. My logic is, we already OWN weed. It's ours. We can walk down the street smoking if we want. Why give it to the gov? They wouldn't give us a choice if they 1) didn't know we were going to fuck ourselves over and 2) didn't know they were going to profit millions off it.

Stoners are digging their own graves and I say good riddance. Again, lamest drug ever.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited February 2011
    TSAoD wrote: »
    I bet OP has never smoked marijuana or been around those who use it.

Another stereotypical stoner who thinks that anybody who criticized stoner culture must not "understand" it or has never been around it.
  • edited February 2011
    Another stereotypical stoner who thinks that anybody who criticized stoner culture must not "understand" it or has never been around it.

gu0zG.jpg
    The typical stoner piece of shit you see at 420fests, NORML meetings, and first in line to abuse the medical marijuana system put in place to protect access for people who actually NEED it.

Also if everyone would just listen to him like we could have world peace man, it's like if everyone just, like, smoked weed and listened to Bob Marley and had their parents pay their bills, the world would be so perfect man!
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited February 2011
  • IndulgenceIndulgence Regular
    edited February 2011
    But smoking weed is cool, guys.
  • jhthrnjhthrn Semo-Regulars
    edited February 2011
    I agree, they are pathetic and they have no balls. They also can't ever admit that pot is harmful in some ways. It's less harmful than alcohol and cigarettes and most other drugs, but it still can cause harm. You only have to observe potheads to know it shrinks the parts of the brain that control emotional stability. It's also toxic to the liver. It also lowers inhibitions, allowing scumbags to take advantage of people.

I'll smoke like cheech and chong till I die but at least I can admit there are downsides to it for a lot of people.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited February 2011
    jhthrn wrote: »
    it shrinks the parts of the brain that control emotional stability. It's also toxic to the liver. It also lowers inhibitions, allowing scumbags to take advantage of people.

What, much like our legal friend booze over there? I know which one I'd prefer, but I realise there are implications with any kind of chemical you put in you. it's not the drug, it's the person.
  • edited February 2011
    What, much like our legal friend booze over there? I know which one I'd prefer, but I realise there are implications with any kind of chemical you put in you. it's not the drug, it's the person.

/thread