The truth about medical marijuana.

DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
edited February 2011 in Man Cave
For all of you who think that smoking weed is cool I present this thread dedicated to exposing the truth about Marijuana. In particular medical marijuana.
Marijuana: PROFIT NOT COMPASSION
The smoke has now cleared in California and we can see that proponents of cannabis have used the deception
of compassion for the sick to reap immense profits. Let us be very clear and up-front on this issue.
Proposition 215 was touted as helping the sick and afflicted. It was sold to the public as such and has been in
place for many years. From the perspective of drug enforcement officers, it is more about getting high and
earning incredible amounts of money from the sales than about helping the sick. The Compassionate Use
Act of 1996 allowed drug dealers to represent themselves as "primary caregivers" who assumed
responsibility for the housing, health and safety of that patient. They used the rationale that commercial
medicines failed to give the patient relief and only marijuana helped their affliction.
Commercialization Replaces Compassion:
“Cannabis consumption is simply a fact of life for a large percentage of Americans” proponents say. About
21.8 million Americans, or 8.7 percent of the population age 12 and older, reported using illegal drugs in
i
The national survey disclosed that marijuana use increased 8 percent in 2009
ii
California’s medical .
marijuana laws opened the doors to many conflicts, abuses and new regulations. Some cities issued business
licenses and taxed cannabis dispensaries.
iii
Some cities recorded an explosion of new medical marijuana
dispensaries opening. Twenty-four hour vending machines were developed to sell the product after store
hours. Marijuana home delivery services by couriers like pizza deliverymen evolved. The next iteration of
this business isn’t clear as yet. In the end most Californians will lose but many will profit. We must fully
understand that marijuana has always been a For-Profit Drug. Perhaps you are wondering just how
profitable can it be? This paper intends to show you that very thing.
Methodology:
We have included herein facts that were presented in public indictment documents and news reports of
criminal trials. From these, we ask the reader to draw his or her conclusions about the profitability of
marijuana sales. Drug cartels and criminal enterprises have derived most of their earnings from marijuana
for many years and will doubtfully relinquish their market share regardless of what laws are in place.
Big Profits Start With Little Seeds:
The “Prince of Pot” Mark EMERY was sentenced in Seattle’s Federal District Court to 5 years in prison for
selling marijuana seeds. EMERY began selling marijuana seeds over the internet in 1994 and was finally
indicted in 2005. He bragged he sold over 4,000,000 marijuana seeds around the world. On his website,
EMERY said that he earned $3 million annually. His coconspirators operated indoor grow houses. From one
house they earned $3,000 to $9,000 every 30 days from the marijuana they sold. The price range for ten
seeds varies from $25 to $80 over the internet.
The cost to grow a marijuana plant outdoors on Public Lands is variable. Authoritative sources estimate that
pre-labor costs could vary from as little as $5 to as much as $75 per plant depending on the sophistication of
the growing techniques, amounts of fertilizer, pesticides, rodentcides and other products applied to the soil.

As you can see medical marijuana is a fraud and an excuse for marijuana addicts to get high. Marijuana doesn't seem so "groovy" now does it? Heres more.
Medical Marijuana Smokescreen Hides Huge Profits:
January 13, 2006: Federal grand jury issues a criminal indictment for drug sales against Richard J. MARINO
of Roseville, CA alleges that MARINO who operated the Capitol Compassionate Care business in the City
of Roseville made approximately $2,750,849 from the sale of “medicinal” marijuana in an eight month
period.
July 17, 2007: The US Attorney in the Central District of California announced the indictment of Charles C.
LYNCH of Morro Bay, CA. on charges of distributing marijuana. LYNCH operated the Central Coast
Compassionate Caregivers store in Morro Bay. The indictment alleges that LYNCH and his employees sold
more than $2.1 million in marijuana from the store in a one-year period and that during that time they sold
marijuana to 281 minors.
July 17, 2007: The US Attorney in the Central District of California announced the indictment of Larry R.
KRISTICH and James CARBERRY for operating a chain of marijuana stores. They reportedly sold more
than $95 million in marijuana and marijuana laced products and some of the proceeds were used to purchase
real estate in Costa Rica.
July 17, 2007: The US Attorney in Los Angeles announced the indictment of Ronald B. NAULLS who
operated the Healing Nations Collective store in Corona, CA. The store opened in June 2006 and in a ninemonth period conducted sales of more than $1.2 million.
July 17, 2007: DEA agents from the Sacramento office raided the Natures Medicinal Collective in
Bakersfield, CA. DEA Assistant Special Agent in Charge Gordon Taylor said that “the nature of this
criminal enterprise was to make money – to the tune of $9.6 million dollars in just nine months. That’s $50
for every minute their illegal operation was open for business.”
July 18, 2007: The US Attorney and DEA officials in Los Angeles announced the indictment of operators of
the Yellow House marijuana dispensary in West Hollywood. Operators accepted credit cards and did more
than $1.7 million in business selling marijuana in a single month.
10-3-2007: Winslow NORTON and his brother Abraham NORTON were operators of the Compassionate
Collective of Alameda. DEA and IRS agents arrested the pair on charges of the illegal sale of marijuana and
other charges. Reportedly the dispensary generated sales of more than $74,000 in 2004, $1.3 million in
2005, $21.5 million in 2006 and $26.3 million through June of 2007.
11-22-2008: Luke SCARMAZZO was sentenced to 21 years in prison for operating a continuing criminal
enterprise to sell marijuana from his California Healthcare Collective in Modesto, CA. It was alleged that he
had earned an estimated $9.2 million dollars over two years of operation and that he and a co-conspirator
paid themselves a salary of $20,000 per month.
12-10-2009: The US Attorney for the Southern District of California announced the indictment of Joseph
NUNES who operated the Green Kross Collective in San Diego. Drug agents recovered sales receipts
revealing that during a two-day period, Green Kross Collective sold approximately $16,000 of marijuana and
marijuana products. NUNES admitted to laundering his drug profits.

http://www.dare.com/home/DrugInformation/documents/Marijuana-ProfitNotCompassion.pdf

Comments

• fr0st_Bytefr0st_Byte Sumpin' c00L
    edited February 2011
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited February 2011
    fr0st_Byte wrote: »
    tl;dr

I'm not surprised. The drug fiend often lacks reading comprehension and an ability to pay attention. this is due to the adverse effects of narcotics on the users mind.
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited February 2011
    It's a profitable business; so what? This doesn't prove or disprove anything other than people selling a product in high demand make large sums of money.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited February 2011
  • TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited February 2011
    What about the pharmaceutical companies that make even bigger profits with drugs and treatments that are more harmful than cannabis? It seems like I hear about some new wonder drug on TV, and then 3 months later, I see a class action lawsuit against the company that produced is as it was causing severe side effects such as heart attacks, strokes, kidney and liver damage, puking blood, death etc. Not to mention the "safe" drugs that have a very small threshold between a therapeutic dose and a toxic dose.

Then on the other hand you have a plant that:
    • Grows naturally
    • Is completely safe toxicity wise due to the therapeutic dose being 100s of times lower than the assumed toxic (apparently no ones been able to ingest enough to be dangerously toxic) dose
    • Does a better job with easing various types of pain and stress along with helping increase the appetite of cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy
    I've also read a few articles (but no official studies) stating that it can help kids with autism focus better and although I don't 100% agree with giving cannabis to kids, I'm sure the crap we pump into them now is probably much worse.

Granted there are some issues with short term memory loss, the fact that some people can't control their actions while using it (or any drug that has the potential to impair judgment or motor skills), and that there will always be people that will abuse (overuse) pretty much any substance out there. Its a drug that, if used properly, could become a safe (compared to current offerings) and effective drug for a variety of ailments.
  • edited February 2011
    When people have to get their stomachs pumped to survive having consumed legal shit, I can't see any reason for weed to be illegal.

And so what if medical marijuana is just a means of getting around the law? It's an unreasonable and silly law.
  • edited February 2011
    13579 wrote: »
    It's a profitable business; so what? This doesn't prove or disprove anything other than people selling a product in high demand make large sums of money.

Precisely, what the hell is wrong with making money selling weed? Especially if it's taxed. The article cited is from an anti drug website, not a reliable source in my opinion. The anti drug crusaders decided a long time ago that it was okay to lie, exaggerate, cherrypick facts, and quote out of context if it supports their cause.

Regarding point (i) in the first quote, I looked for any studies or papers that would support this and found one citing a .8% increase in the number of people over12 that reported using drugs. This is not an increase in drug use, just the reporting of it, it may reflect increased use, it may not. Calling it an 8% rise in drug use is typical of the scare tactics used by the anti drug lobby.

The anti drug movement is just as much a business as the weed dealers. How many politicians have made their way to power on anti drug platforms?

Fuck, gonna have to finish this tomorrow, sleep is a man on a pale horse, and he just gave me the stinkeye.

C/O
    "bonk"
  • SlappySlappy Acolyte
    edited February 2011
    What are you, a scientologist now? Profit is the motivating factor in most if not all advances in pharmacology, thus rendering them all fraudulent by your logic.:rolleyes:
  • Dark LordDark Lord Acolyte
    edited February 2011
    Sanchez thread/dr
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited February 2011

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
  • edited February 2011
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited February 2011
    Stop Trolling DS. Your as big as a druggie as any of us.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited February 2011
    This is a misleading as fuck title. It's not truth, it's an opinion.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited February 2011
    For all of you who think that smoking weed is cool I present this thread dedicated to exposing the truth about Marijuana. In particular medical marijuana.

The truth is drugs are big money, just ask Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, GlaxoSmithKline, Roche, Sanofi-Aventis, Novartis, AstraZeneca, Abbott Laboratories, Merck, Wyeth, Bristol-Myers, or Eli Lilly.

As you can see medical marijuana is a fraud and an excuse for marijuana addicts to get high. Marijuana doesn't seem so "groovy" now does it? Heres more.

http://www.dare.com/home/DrugInformation/documents/Marijuana-ProfitNotCompassion.pdf

There has never been a single published study that indicates marijuana is addictive in any manner. In other words there is no such thing as a marijuana addict. :facepalm:
    I'm not surprised. The drug fiend often lacks reading comprehension and an ability to pay attention. this is due to the adverse effects of narcotics on the users mind.

Marijuana and it's active ingredient, THC, are not narcotics. :facepalm:
  • edited February 2011
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • Panic!Panic! Regular
    edited February 2011
    I read and lol'd
  • proudclod9proudclod9 Regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh shutup. I don't know ANYBODY that thinks smoking ganja is "cool".

Also that article has SOME merit, but here are the FACTS: Cannabis--eaten or smoked--can be used effectively to alleviate a myriad of symptoms from disease; no one has died from overdosing; and if it becomes legal, it would grow nearly everywhere, and could be a huge boom for the economy.
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited February 2011
    It says a lot of the "compassionate" nature of the distributors. The California MMJ system has failed, not by failing to provide marijuana to the people who need it but by leaving enough of a backdoor that any stoner can walk into the office of a friendly doctor and walk out minutes later with a prescription for a made up ailment.

So?
  • edited February 2011
    It says a lot of the "compassionate" nature of the distributors. The California MMJ system has failed, not by failing to provide marijuana to the people who need it but by leaving enough of a backdoor that any stoner can walk into the office of a friendly doctor and walk out minutes later with a prescription for a made up ailment.

From my point of view, stoners becoming "medical users" is an all around good thing.

Fewer people getting arrested, less money spent on jail/trials for something that people shouldn't be tried or jailed for in the first place, lower prices (Due to the enormous supply), more tax-revenue and it cuts down on the profits of organized crime.
  • edited February 2011
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • edited February 2011
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • edited February 2011
    Who the fuck made this retard moderator... get off my internet
  • edited February 2011

He's our retard, though.
    edited February 2011

LOL typical stoner scum. Anyone who doesn't believe weed is a miracle plant and the center of life is an idiot right? This is totse. We have freedom of speech. We have the right to disagree.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited February 2011
    the system in place for medical marijuana can be abused, just like anything else. anyone who breaks the law should be dealt with. i dont think your really setting up a good basis for this argument. sure they fucked up but there is also tons of people that get fucked for prescription pills. the vast majority of people that need mmj actually need it and are not your every day stoner.
    edited February 2011
    OHSHI- GODDAMN HIPPIES IN MY FORUM?

fmf.png

It's more common than you think...
  • edited February 2011
    Well, I crunched the numbers in the second part of the OP, and apparently each and every person in California spent about $330 on weed since the records started being kept. Just another bunch of bullcrap.

I hate hippies. I hate useless stoners. I hate people who think weed is something more than it is. It is a fucking plant, not a mystical gateway to heaven or hell, not a snake oil cure all. Weed is just another polarizing issue people use to re enforce the lines between us and them, and the sooner we get over that, the better.

Fuck Mark Emery, that asshole has done more to keep weed a controlled substance than a hundred Ernest W. Aingsleys ever could. Having a preachy shit for brains stoner with eyes like two pissholes in the snow speaking for the legalization of pot is the best thing an anti drug activist could wish for.

Keep weed illegal, keep the production in the hands of the people. One point the OP made is bang on; If the production and distribution of weed is centralized by legitimizing the trade, sharks of a higher order move in. I wonder how many folks selling small bags to their buddies were put out of business by these weed shops. Sure you can't buy it yourself, but you know someone who can, so fuck your weed dealer that has delivered to you at 3 am, after you woke him up, and buy through the store with all the hippie shit in the window. Hell, soon we'll be buying it at the bar, with the profits going to Multifuxu.k, hell yeah he way better than "bob".

What? If they legalize it you think it means you can grow your own? Are you fucking stupid? Can you grow your own tobacco? Can you run a still? No. The production will be controlled by small suppliers at first, but as soon as the cash starts banking, the corps will step in. And Coors light sinsi will be available at your local liquor store.

C/O
    "rant, rave, toke"
    edited February 2011

you are confusing your state of weakness with true addiction, thanks for playing though.
  • edited February 2011
    Pakistanis sniff cum
    edited February 2011
    There are countless published studies that indicate marijuana is addictive in a psychological manner. You latest post could hardly deflect a moron from seeing that I soundly disproved your baseless claim, but then again this is totse.info.

Sitting on the fence here, but let's add more food to the trolls here :p

Mary Jane can be addictive, so can booze, nicotine, sports, sex, adrenalin rushes and even food. Even though nobody has ever overdosed on weed and died, how many other people die from the other things each year? Liver problems, cancers, lung problems, sports injuries, some people get heart attacks when having sex but otherwise excluded, extreme sports related deaths and morbidly obese people.
    I'm not saying to open the flood gates to a load of people getting high. Society will not be the stoned Utopia the hardcore stoner crew believe. Instead it will be just like now, maybe with a few more Dominos shops but the Govt will still be a bunch of cunts - and mix that with any paranoia from the weed. Nice result.

Use it for medical use as I have already stated. I just hate the people who use it for "writers block" or some other equally as retarded "condition". My life is hard enough not being able to walk some days, so I don't exactly get high for fun. If I'm not on Morphine each day due to the effects on my gut, then I use the alternative.

In other words, I don't support either extreme.

/involvement in this thread
  • skomskusskomskus New Arrival
    edited February 2011
    What I think is funny is the fact that FATTY and DS claim to hate addicts when you can tell by their post counts that they are clearly addicted to the internet.
  • edited February 2011
    Pakistanis sniff cum
    edited February 2011
    No, I was replying to your idiotic claim that

There are countless published studies that indicate marijuana is addictive in a psychological manner. You latest post could hardly deflect a moron from seeing that I soundly disproved your baseless claim, but then again this is totse.info.

If you say so kid...
  • edited February 2011
    Pakistanis sniff cum
    edited February 2011
    uh huh
    and exactly what is wrong with my post?
    oh? you were just deflecting?
    Ok then, please stop posting, the adults are trying to have a dialogue.

Then you should sit back, shut up, and pay attention, you just might begin to act like one.
  • edited February 2011
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • IndulgenceIndulgence Regular
    edited February 2011
    lame excuse about trying to keep the forum alive

Is that what they're calling it now?
    edited February 2011
    ftfy brah
    P.S. I never sucked off a nigger in a back alley to pay my cable bill

U GOT TEH NATTY ICE?!?!??!?
    WERES THE PARTY BRAH?!?!??!??!
    :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

3ch
  • edited February 2011
    LOL typical stoner scum. Anyone who doesn't believe weed is a miracle plant and the center of life is an idiot right? This is totse. We have freedom of speech. We have the right to disagree.

says the douche with a lenin avatar

I don't think weed is a miracle cure. but I don't think it's fucking tweak or heroin either... grow some balls because if you are afraid of weed and a communist that only means one thing... :eek::fap: homo
    edited February 2011
    says the douche with a lenin avatar

I don't think weed is a miracle cure. but I don't think it's fucking tweak or heroin either... grow some balls because if you are afraid of weed and a communist that only means one thing... :eek::fap: homo

I'm not afraid of weed you faggot but I'm tired o stoner fucks like you who suck Bob M< Marley dick and think that nothing bad could possibly come from weed. I guess you are also capitalist scum right? I'm guessing thatof your insults again Marxism,
    edited February 2011
    I'm not afraid of weed you faggot but I'm tired o stoner fucks like you who suck Bob M< Marley dick and think that nothing bad could possibly come from weed. I guess you are also capitalist scum right? I'm guessing thatof your insults again Marxism,

Step away from the liquor DS.

http://www.step12.com/maryland.html :D:p:D
  • AnarchyMasterAnarchyMaster Regular
    edited February 2011
    :fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:fuck off:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap: cops
  • droppindsdroppinds Acolyte
    edited February 2011
    What? If they legalize it you think it means you can grow your own? Are you fucking stupid? Can you grow your own tobacco? Can you run a still? No. The production will be controlled by small suppliers at first, but as soon as the cash starts banking, the corps will step in. And Coors light sinsi will be available at your local liquor store.

Great point. People don't realize the danger of legalization. The real problem is the nannystate and a government that has gone batshit crazy with regulations and trying to micromanage things (local,state, federal). Way back in the day there was a time people could grow their own tobacco, distill their own liquor, etc. with realitive ease and no ATF to worry about. Naturally if we legalized drugs under our current system production would over time be centralized by wealthy individuals and corporations. Granted there will always be a market for local/family marijuana farms. Just as we can buy GMO monsanto crops, or we can still go to a local farmers market for fresh produce. But their is a price to pay.

I believe we should legalize marijuana along with all drugs. But we need to keep them free of taxation and regulation. Actually IMO their really should not be any laws on the books regarding drugs period. I was against Cali's prop last november because it was a piss poor excuse to let Big Brother control the market and open it to Californias high taxes. Luckily the people their snuffed this out and voted it down. But we need to be resilient and see to it in the future that our weed is kept untaxed and unregulated. "In the hands of the people" as a previous poster said. You won't see me buying prerolled joints made on the land Phillip Morris has purchased in northern cali prepping for the day its legalized. But I will stick to my marb reds :)
  • edited February 2011
    fr0st_Byte wrote: »
    Step away from the liquor DS.

http://www.step12.com/maryland.html :D:p:D

All the additives and Methanol in that shitty KG is fucking with his head a bit.
    :fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:fuck off:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap: cops

Indeed.