Menstrual Cycles

StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
edited February 2011 in Life
1266217868099.jpg
its like someone is going in there with a scalpel and cutting away a layer of your flesh then they keep cutting into the fresh wound - Username

I've never been at all interested in this topic until recently.I guess it struck my fancy because I realized I don't know very much about it. Apparently it is different for every girl. Some don't get emotional but have a lot of pain, some get super emotional but have less pain, some get both ends of that shit-stick.

I've been told different answers when asking how long it normally lasts. Also I assume different girls have different ammounts of blood loss thus the term "heavy" or "light" period.

Menstruation is necessary to release dead eggs. I didn't realize this would hurt someone so badly, you figure the eggs might just fall out when poop or something.

Comments

• My Mom Is DeadMy Mom Is Dead Regular
    edited February 2011
    I grew up with three sisters, a gay brother, and two female parents. This shit still seems unnatural as fuck to me. :gross:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited February 2011
    I got used to it but still.... it's weird.
  • edited February 2011
    It's pretty fucked up. I heard a story the other day of a guy trying to finger a girl at a party or something - they'd just met and she didn't have the guts to tell him that she was on her period, so he found himself wrist deep in red-jelly.

The fucked up part was, he then licked it from his fingers :D
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited February 2011
    girls r horny on their period
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited February 2011
    manly fingers?
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited February 2011
    It's viscous?
  • edited February 2011
    Hahahahahahhahaha!!

Menstration 101:
    - The blood comes from shedding the lining of the uterus.. Since there is no baby in the uterus for your body to nourish.. the lining is shed and exits through the vagina..
    - Some cramping, bloating, fatigue, headaches, and mood swings can occur due to the hormones
    - on average a period lasts around 7-8 days..
    - They happen around the same time every month, but many women can be irregular
    - On average only about 1-2 oz of "blood" comes out..

I've had maybe 3 periods since I started having my kids.. Thats 3 periods in 6 years! It's awesome.. Make all your wives/girlfriends get the Mirena.. Best birth control ever.. I don't even remember what it's like to have one anymore!

That's all..
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited February 2011
    Grr... my gf wont take birth control because it fucks up her period in some way that she doesn't like or something. I wish she could (would?) but oh well.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited February 2011
    b.c. probably delays it, she's trying to get preggers.. run!
  • IndulgenceIndulgence Regular
    edited February 2011
    Christ I've had my period every month since I was like 12 and I still think it's gross. I don't understand why women tell each other about their uterus blood. I don't want to hear that shit.
  • NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited February 2011
    Thursday January 11 1:33 PM ET
    Women's Mental Skills Vary During Monthly Cycle

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Hormones may help explain some of the differences in the ways that men and women think, according to a report.

As a rule, women outperform men on tests of verbal skills, while men tend to score better on tests measuring spatial abilities, which include such skills as rotating an object mentally. Some research suggests that the differences may be explained in part by varying levels of hormones in men and women.

In the current study, a group of researchers led by Dr. Markus Hausmann, of Ruhr-Universitat Bochum, Germany, set out to determine whether the menstrual cycle has an effect on spatial abilities and if so, what hormones are involved.

In the study, eight women in their 20s and 30s took three different tests of spatial abilities. The women took each type of test on the 2nd and 22nd days of their menstrual cycles, and the researchers measured their hormone levels every 3 days over the course of 6 weeks.

On two of the tests, the women's scores at different times during their cycles did not differ significantly, the authors report in the journal Behavioral Neuroscience.

But the investigators did detect significant differences in the scores on one test, which measured the ability to recognize rotated versions of a figure. With the exception of one woman, all participants scored higher on the test during the menstrual phase of their cycles, the report indicates.

Hormone levels fluctuate during a woman's cycle, and Hausmann's team found that both testosterone and estrogen were related to the women's spatial scores, the researchers report. Higher levels of estrogen were linked to lower scores, while higher concentrations of testosterone were linked to higher scores.

``We conclude that spatial performance is sensitive to hormonal fluctuations over the menstrual cycle and that different aspects of spatial abilities are related to different hormones or hormone combinations,'' the authors write.

SOURCE: Behavioral Neuroscience 2000;114:1245-1250.

Estrogen = lower intelligence; greater nastiness and irrationality?

http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=8300
    Higher levels of estrogen are likely to contribute greatly towards intellectual inferiority, irrationality and bitchiness/nastiness. It makes sense considering negroes also have higher estradiol levels, rather than the false claim of having higher testosterone. Estrogen also affects brain activity In postmenopausal women; a cause of memory loss in women.

The more estrogen you have, the more counterproductive you are.
    edited February 2011
    Negrophobe wrote: »
    The more estrogen you have, the more counterproductive you are.

So did you have a point there or do you just leap at the slightest opportunity to prattle on about how inferior women are?
    edited February 2011
    Into the kitchen, now.
    edited February 2011
    Did you think of that all by yourself?
    edited February 2011
    Testosterone > Estrogen.

Oh how it bothers females greatly when males speak the truth without fear. It's hard to act all innocent and sweet when the evidence is out there for males to see for themselves.
  • TSAoDTSAoD Regular
    edited February 2011
    edited February 2011
    Oh how it bothers females greatly when males speak the truth without fear. It's hard to act all innocent and sweet when the evidence is out there for males to see for themselves.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, bud.
    edited February 2011
    I like to fuck you on your rag.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited February 2011
    Seeing that tiny faint outline of blood at the bottom of the toilet still sickens me a little...natural process and all.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited February 2011
    Testosterone > Estrogen.

Unused testosterone gets converted to estrogen. :o
  • mynicknamemynickname Acolyte
    edited February 2011
    b.c. probably delays it, she's trying to get preggers.. run!

this, hope you can run fast
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited February 2011
    mynickname wrote: »
    this, hope you can run fast

They call me Sonic.
    edited February 2011
    I thought it was bitch tits.

lol
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited February 2011