Free butterfly knife

edited February 2011 in Man Cave
Ever wanted a butterfly knife but can't justify paying for a shitty chinese one and can't scrounge up $300 for a Benchmade 42? Now all you have to do is make an order at bladeHQ before February 5th and put "BUTTERFLY" in the order comments section.

Pics and possibly a review of this POS will be posted when mine arrives.

http://www.bladehq.com/cat--BHQ-Current-Promotion--116

Note that I have no affiliation with BHQ, they're just a good store and I know there's a lot of dumb kids who probably like balisongs here on totse.info

Comments

• DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    It's cool because it's free but overall I see butterfly knives as pretty useless. I prefer a good folding knife any day.
  • edited January 2011
    It's cool because it's free but overall I see butterfly knives as pretty useless. I prefer a good folding knife any day.

Same, but I want to learn to flip so I can be the bad guy in 80s action movies :o:o:o:o:o
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited January 2011

They're fun to have. I have a small collection of them. Most of them are shitty made in China ones, two of them snapped in half lol.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited January 2011
    yeah, it does look kind of shitty.

i like making them personally. I use crappy scrap steel, since im not going to be using it for cutting. Its a pretty fun weekend project
  • My Mom Is DeadMy Mom Is Dead Regular
    edited February 2011
    I bought a zippo from them just so I could get the knife for a friend. My friend hasn't had many good butterfly knives (all of them have broken their handles), and he really liked it. The handles on this one seemed pretty darn sturdy. Very pokey. Surely cheap, but I wasn't really putting myself out--just trying to gift someone.

It was a bit on the small end, though. Not to the point of being difficult to handle, but I'm used to seeing them with much longer handles. Either way, my friend was stoked, and I got a free lighter out of the deal. :cool:
  • edited February 2011
    I bought a zippo from them just so I could get the knife for a friend. My friend hasn't had many good butterfly knives (all of them have broken their handles), and he really liked it. The handles on this one seemed pretty darn sturdy. Very pokey. Surely cheap, but I wasn't really putting myself out--just trying to gift someone.

It was a bit on the small end, though. Not to the point of being difficult to handle, but I'm used to seeing them with much longer handles. Either way, my friend was stoked, and I got a free lighter out of the deal. :cool:

Not bad, but I'm going to have to disagree with you on the handles. One of my side panels snapped on the second day of semi-serious flipping. I ended up selling it to a (dumb) friend for $20 and managed to convince him that his fat ass broke it. Also the latch was unbelievably tight :angry::angry::angry::angry: