Rihanna remix I'm playing around with

LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
edited March 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I've been playing around with throwing accapellas over beats I make. Its prety hard to get them matched up with the track but this one turned out pretty well.

[SOUNDCLOUD]

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Sounds pretty great to me, although the beat goes very slightly off at the end. Other than that though, sounds good :D Where do you get acapellas from?
  • uofmcamarouofmcamaro Regular
    edited March 2011
    Not bad but i feel like the beat doesn't always work with the singing. I'm not a huge dub and D&B fan so that might be amazing to others but i feel like the beat should vary throughout the singing.

This.

It wasn't too bad. I agree that the beat was off toward the end but at the beginning it was spot on. I agree about the "I'm not a huge dub fan."

Sometimes, IMO, there are songs that you can remix and they sound good if not better. This one the piano part seems to be the heart of the song.
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited March 2011
    It's too repetitive.
  • GallowsGallows Regular
    edited March 2011
    I've been playing around with throwing accapellas over beats I make.
    It sounds too thrown together, in my opinion. The beat doesn't fit with the vocals at all. I really like your other stuff, though.
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited March 2011
    Ok, I can understand most of your criticisms, but the vocals fit the beat almost perfectly. Are you guys counting along? Watch the waveforms....you have visual cues right in front of you.......

I did chop up the vocal track somewhat, if you were to play my mashup and the original together they wouldn't fit, but the vocals fit the beat almost perfectly.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited March 2011
    needs more going on. and match the beat to her singing better. other than that its ok
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    Something seems to be off here. I think you try adding more background music and try changing the tempo and the beat. It could start slow and then you can mix the vocals and really up the beat.

Good job nonetheless.