The use of torture

DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
edited March 2011 in Spurious Generalities
This thread is about torture and whether it should be used or not. I always here liberals and conservatives alike saying we shouldn't torture terrorists. Every time I hear it I :facepalm: Let's say their is a dirty bomb in New York and we know that terrorist in custody knows where it's located. Are we to not torture him and let people die so that his "human rights" are protected??

I think torture and I'm talking torture beyond water boarding should be legal or other crimes as well. Say someone is kidnapped and may still be alive but the suspect refuses to talk. I say show him no mercy. The whole idea that "america doesn't torture" is one of the weaknesses of this country. Fuck the geneva convention.

Comments

• RolfRolf Regular
    edited March 2011
    It might be illegal, but Rolf highly doubts certain government agencies have stopped torture completely, it's too useful, states Rolf. Rolf believes in the use of torture, the pain and suffering of an enemy is a small price to pay if it saves the lives of our own and assists in crushing the enemy, proclaims Rolf.
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited March 2011
    depends on the situation really
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    I guarantee that the water boarding we heard about was just a ruse to keep the masses focused on the "torture" policies for captured insurgents while those who really knew shit were talking to some one like this.

davis1.jpg

And in the case of non U.S. citizens captured in while engaged in armed conflict with U.S. military forces I support this method of extracting intelligence to reduce friendly losses.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited March 2011
    The problem with torture is false confessions. Some people will confess to anything regardless of their involvement, just to avoid the continuation of the torture.

If the person in question actually does have the information though, then torture all the way. :thumbsup:
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited March 2011
    Torture is fine with me. I think it should be used legaly. i love the many way it can be preformed to .
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited March 2011
    As long as the person is a confirmed criminal, torture can be fun and useful. Even if no good info comes out of it, at least it's still fun :hai:
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited March 2011
    I think it should only be used when they know for sure somebody knows certain information. If it was just legal for any police force to use, they'd be torturing fucking everybody just because it's easier to do then routine detective work.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited March 2011
    The problem with torture is false confessions. Some people will confess to anything regardless of their involvement, just to avoid the continuation of the torture.

If the person in question actually does have the information though, then torture all the way. :thumbsup:

This is a common argument but this doesn't happen unless it's one of those situations where they actually don't know anything but your torturing them anyway like in the inquisition.

Think about let's say you knew what they wanted to know. When their to take an electric cattle prod to your balls would you really be thinking up a lie or just tell the truth? My guess is most would just tell the truth instead of coming up with a lie.