Comments

• angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited March 2011
    I hope the price of video cards comes down:facepalm:
    "The demo was created by a 12-person team in about two months, Epic Games President Michael Capps said during a Thursday press briefing at GDC. “Samaritan” was running on a custom-built system using off-the-shelf PC parts, Epic said, including three Nvidia GTX 580 graphics cards, which cost about $500 each."
    Tri SLI for the win I guess.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited March 2011
    Looks amazing.

UT4 better fucking rock, because UT3 sucked pretty bad. :mad:
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    I have never liked UT but the engine rocks and this new version looks to be no exception.
  • edited March 2011
    It's all too dark. I like what Crytek has done with the CryEngine 3.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gdc-11-cryengine-3/711208?type=flv
    edited March 2011
    I am sure it is the graphic artists work and not the engine but that clip looked a bit "cartoony" to me as opposed to the gritty realism of the UT screenies.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited March 2011
    If they would get they cryEngine or Frostbite more optimized they will be the new mainstream engines. I have no problem running either, but at least with frostbite, which I will tote as one of the first using 4core, that it's huring the old hardfags.

I'm not a gamer, but I realized my time to get off the dual core pentium D 3.0 and Windowz XP.

I moved up, and now EVERYTHING so much faster compared to that old pentium d. I lurve my Phenom 965. I'm not even an I7(though they are having a shit ton of problems of compatibility with programs)
  • edited March 2011
    I'm looking forward to having the money to buy some serious graphics power in the future. Those SLI'd 560's should all be compacted into a single card, because it would pwn ass. Imagine running that in Tri-SLI :D
    edited March 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to having the money to buy some serious graphics power in the future. Those SLI'd 560's should all be compacted into a single card, because it would pwn ass. Imagine running that in Tri-SLI :D

The Gigabyte GA-8N-SLI Quad Royal supports Socket 775 Intel Pentium 4/D/XE and Celeron processors that run on a 533/800/1066 MHz FSB. Why go tri when you can go quad?
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't even see where it has to look that good...
  • xionousxionous Semo-Regulars
    edited March 2011
    I don't even see where it has to look that good...

I agree with you on this, most games these days focus to much on how good they look, and not enough on how good the actual game is when it comes to story structure, re-playability, content, and user enjoyment. Its pretty bad when all of my favorite games were made more then 10 years ago.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited March 2011
    xionous wrote: »
    I agree with you on this, most games these days focus to much on how good they look, and not enough on how good the actual game is when it comes to story structure, re-playability, content, and user enjoyment. Its pretty bad when all of my favorite games were made more then 10 years ago.

i agree with you 100%. i think after gaming gets beyond the as realistic and life like as possible stage we are going to see a shift in the industry. its probably going to happen in the next 10 or 15 years or so. maybe less depending on how technology advances. we play games to escape reality. once they become extremely realistic its going to shift back. no one wants to play call of duty 15 or battlefield 9 and have to account for wind, bullet drop, breathing, and all the other factors that you would have to in real life.
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited March 2011
    angryonion wrote: »
    I hope the price of video cards comes down:facepalm:
    "The demo was created by a 12-person team in about two months, Epic Games President Michael Capps said during a Thursday press briefing at GDC. “Samaritan” was running on a custom-built system using off-the-shelf PC parts, Epic said, including three Nvidia GTX 580 graphics cards, which cost about $500 each."
    Tri SLI for the win I guess.

Unfortunately the only reason why a video card would go down(in price) is because of new video cards that replace it. Video cards become obsolete VERY quickly though.