NEVER talk to the police.

buddhabuddha Regular
edited April 2011 in Spurious Generalities
You want to stay out of jail regardless if you are guilty or not?

One simple little thing to remember, SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Heres why...

I have a lot more regarding vehicle stops and such I'll put up later.

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Fucking rights! Never say shit to the cops, find your happy place and stay there while an endless parade of assholes gives you seemingly good reasons why you should confess or rat out someone else. The cops lie, especially when they use the line; "anything you say at this point can only help you, we already have enough evidence, we are just trying to clear up a few loose ends". If they really had evidence, you would be in a cell, not an interrogation room. Cops don't waste time trying to find out shit they already know.

The best way to bring an interrogation to a close is to make it clear you are not going to say shit. Don't try to play games, don't make justifications, don't speak hypothetically. If you say you want to retain council before making a statement, the first thing a cop will do is slap a phone book down in front of you and say, "go ahead, get a lawyer". They love to do this if you have been busted outside of regular office hours because they think you will look at the phone book and think "fuck who can I phone at this hour?, and besides, I don't even have money for a lawyer"

All you need to do is pick a criminal lawyer from the phone book, phone the number, get the answering machine and say "My name is ...., I am currently being held at....., I would like to make an appointment for an initial consultation regarding my charges. My phone#/contact info is.....". The same routine follows if you get a lawyers secretary, simply add that you will be making calls to arrange for a deposit, but you would like a consultation first.

This is called "due diligence", it is not enough to ask for a lawyer, you must do something to show that you have taken steps to retain council. Then the cops either have to charge you, or let you go. Even if you have been fingerprinted and booked, you might still walk out in a couple of hours with a promise to appear, with charges pending. If your crime was violent, or in some cases drug related, you might be held until you have a bail hearing. And if you don't make bail, you will be stuck in pretrial.

During this time, stay quiet. Holding cells suck, so do pretrial centers, and you will be tempted to talk to those around you, don't. Don't say shit to ANYONE beyond complaining about breakfast and shitty coffee.

I could go on a bit but I will make this short and sweet. Unless you did a violent armed robbery, or killed someone, getting busted is not the end of the world. Remember that, you will breathe free air again soon. Hopelessness and the feeling you have nothing to lose plays right into the cops hands. The cops will tell you your life will be fucked up forever unless you co operate. This is bullshit, for minor offences you can get a pardon after 3 years. For felonies, even if you are convicted, serve your time, and have a shitty record that limits your job prospects, you will still be a free man someday, and having a felony conviction does not prevent you from blazing a joint, going on a fishing trip, or having a barbecue. Life's simple pleasures will still be there when you get out, remember that when some pig is screaming in your face about how screwed you are, and stay silent.

C/O
    "I love criminal lawyers, but ambulance chasers should be shot"

Addendum; I spent 45 minutes watching the videos, that 45 minutes is the most well invested time I have spent in a while. I'm not sure if some of the American law applies in Canada, but the I think the information is valid regardless. NOTHING you say to the police can help you, EVER. The cop cited one case where an admission of guilt helped a dude get a reduced sentence, one, out of 2000 plus cases.
  • edited March 2011
    Shutting the fuck up is a brilliant idea, no matter who you're talking to. Police or just a normal guy, you don't need to say anything about activities which you may or may not have performed - they don't need to know.
  • homeslice4700homeslice4700 Regular
    edited March 2011
    when I got popped and the cops tried to sit me down talk and sign this paper, I said nope I want a lawyer and that was the end of that it was like the magical words and they stopped talking to me immediately
  • edited March 2011
    And if you are guilty, don't say a damned thing to anyone. Braggers get caught
  • edited March 2011
    My neighbor was a cop, and I talked to him all the time.
  • ImmaChrgnMaLAZRImmaChrgnMaLAZR Regular
    edited March 2011
    My neighbor was a cop, and I talked to him all the time.

Lawl, nice one fatty. I lol'd :thumbsup:

Srsly though, I fucking hate pigs. I'll keep this info in mind. Thanx OP
  • OsirisOsiris Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    Cops will have an audio recorder in their car or patty wagon, so don't say shit if you are sitting in one.

I've gotten out of misdemeanor drug charges just by getting a public defender.

Acting like a dickhead will get you fucked for sure, of course don't confess, but acting like a dumbass good ol' boy is your best bet for sure. Suck it up and act respectful, they won't have a desire to fuck your shit up. Dress normal, act normal, and don't look at where you've got your drugs stashed when they ask to search your car. Police spend their whole day getting lied to and they are looking for signs of it the very second they start talking to you, so stay calm and be better at lying then they are at psychoanalyzing you.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited April 2011
    Osiris wrote: »
    don't look at where you've got your drugs stashed when they ask to search your car.

If they ask to search, the answer is always NO.

If they are asking, you have a choice, and a right not to let them search shit. Usually they just go away after you tell them no, as most people don't have the balls to. So if you do they figure you aren't going to be intimidated easily. I have never had a cop fuck with me for exercising my rights, even when they had good reason to.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    good Thread :thumbsup:

I should have known this as a little bad ass kid cussing out

the popos then getting my ass whopped.
  • edited April 2011
    Fucking rights! Never say shit to the cops, find your happy place and stay there while an endless parade of assholes gives you seemingly good reasons why you should confess or rat out someone else. The cops lie, especially when they use the line; "anything you say at this point can only help you, we already have enough evidence, we are just trying to clear up a few loose ends". If they really had evidence, you would be in a cell, not an interrogation room. Cops don't waste time trying to find out shit they already know.

Well if you're operating with a partner-in-crime then I suppose it depends on how much you trust them. If the charge is serious and you're in doubt, it may be time to let them hang.