Anti-smoking advocates bitchin about 'Rango'

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
edited March 2011 in Spurious Generalities
ifHUv.jpg

Fuck them! They need to get a life.
I see this movie becoming an icon for all smokers who are unjustifiably targeted by hate smear campaigners like these fucktards.:angry:
Anti-smoking advocates are calling the animated PG movie Rango a public health hazard for its numerous depictions of smoking.

The film, which opened Friday and topped the weekend box office with a gross of $38 million, includes at least 60 instances of characters smoking, said Kori Titus, CEO of the Sacramento-based non-profit Breathe California.
One of Breathe California's projects is "Thumbs Up! Thumbs Down!" — in which trained young people and adults analyze films' tobacco content. Each time a character is seen smoking is counted as one instance, Titus said, adding she was taken aback when she received an e-mail Sunday about the frequency of smoking in Rango. The only other animated film on par with that, she said, was 101 Dalmatians, with about 60 instances of Cruella De Vil smoking.
http://yourlife.usatoday.com/health/story/2011/03/PG-rated-Rango-has-anti-smoking-advocates-fuming-/44618190/1?csp=usat.me&sms_ss=facebook&at_xt=4d765a1b0db2d0a8%2C0

Comments

• Sabbath102Sabbath102 New Arrival
    edited March 2011
    Nice too see people wasting there lives counting how naby times someone smokes in a movie. Some people really need a hobby
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    I would like to put those people in a giant ash tray.
  • timtim Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    I would like to put those people in a giant ash tray.

that's almost impossible.

what isn't impossible, is using those people as a giant ash tray. :thumbsup:
  • Willy WonkaWilly Wonka Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    What's next, won't we be allowed to show black people in lower classed settings in historical movies?

Should we just re-write history at a whim so as not to conflict with the current social stigmas?

Welcome, to 1984 folks.

And Ironically I saw this movie last night, and there's probably 60 other instances they could have nit picked at in the movie, such as cross dressing, homosexual and trans species sexual encounter... but Tobacco is the cool thing to attack this decade, so they went with that.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited March 2011
    remember big league chew or candy cigarettes? both had to do with tobacco, yet not everyone smokes or dips.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited March 2011
    remember candy cigarettes?
    I <3d those things. I can't believe they pulled them off the market here. Fuckin anti tobacco nazis :(
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    remember big league chew or candy cigarettes? both had to do with tobacco, yet not everyone smokes or dips.
    bornkiller wrote: »
    I <3d those things. I can't believe they pulled them off the market here. Fuckin anti tobacco nazis :(

I can still buy these at a corner gas station near my house.

HFCA327.JPG

In fact I just bought a banana flavored one last month.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited March 2011
    I can still buy these at a corner gas station near my house.

HFCA327.JPG

In fact I just bought a banana flavored one last month.
    Hey! They look like cigars. :p
    The ones I remember are these & they were eventually taken off the market. On the grounds they encouraged kids to smoke. :facepalm:

698879827_be376e4566.jpg

They weren't very big but the candy was flavourlicious. You got about 10 hard white candy cigarettes in a box. Ahhh good times,good times. :(