ARP Spoofing kills connection?

edited March 2011 in Tech & Games
I'm just in the middle of writing up a guide for TOTSE on how to sniff SSL encrypted passwords using SSLstrip and arpspoof. Only problem is, whenever I fire up my arpspoof software, it kills the connection to the internet for the device in question.

Can anyone tell me how to stop it from killing the connection? It's doing my head in :(

Comments

• orochiorochi New Arrival
    edited March 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    I'm just in the middle of writing up a guide for TOTSE on how to sniff SSL encrypted passwords using SSLstrip and arpspoof. Only problem is, whenever I fire up my arpspoof software, it kills the connection to the internet for the device in question.

Can anyone tell me how to stop it from killing the connection? It's doing my head in :(

Are you doing this in Windows? I'd recommend Cain and Abel. Very stable. Might work better. Sometimes the shitty arp spoofing programs will do no more than cause a DDOS on the access point.

It could also be that you're too far away from the access point.
  • edited March 2011
    Using Backtrack Linux with Ettercap. I'll try moving closer to the router next time for better results, but I already got it working now :D Thanks for the reply though!