The Content Pact - Are You Man Enough?

After a discussion with a few people in IRC, we've come up with an idea which will hopefully get some more content rolling in. The idea is to have a pact which interested members will sign, which states that...

You will write one piece of content per month at a minimum.

Obviously this involves decent content which isn't just some spammy shit, but it's where the dedication comes into play. I think this would be a good idea to boost activity and information rates, making us a generally more appealing site. Anyway, discuss this :)

PS - This isn't forcing things to happen. If you sign the pact then it's designed a nudge in the right direction to get you thinking.

The following people have agreed to sign the pact and will therefore provide at least one piece of content per month!
  • Dr Rocker
  • GeneralMcBoozer
  • TheDarkRodent
  • Trx100
  • DirtySanchez
  • Buddha
  • PsychoDelic
  • Lethargica
  • ImmaChrgnMaLAZR
  • RemadE
  • Dfg

If you're stuck for ideas, check out my Totse Revolution thread - http://totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=11254

Comments

• dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited March 2011
    Nah, you will just take the piss out of sausages.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm in. My main content is my revolutionary writings and I plan to contribute more of it.
    edited March 2011
    I'm in. My main content is my revolutionary writings and I plan to contribute more of it.
    :facepalm:
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011

Yeah we'll just count you out then.

Think he meant content people actually want to read. Not the same damn crap 3 times a day.
    edited March 2011

If this shit counts, I have no worries.

Makes X on dotted line.
  • edited March 2011
    Awesome, thanks for the support! I'll be writing my guide within the next few days - it's going to be my own, shortened version of how to crack WEP keys with Backtrack. I think that tutorial on the aircrack forums is way too long :P
    edited March 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Awesome, thanks for the support! I'll be writing my guide within the next few days - it's going to be my own, shortened version of how to crack WEP keys with Backtrack. I think that tutorial on the aircrack forums is way too long :P

I think the tutorial on the aricrack forums is shitty, seeing as most of those that use linux use a distro like ubuntu and it takes a fuck load of messing on to get it to work. And even then, it does not work properly.

I appreciate this is what L is about, but hey, step by step that fucker for a distro like ubuntu and traffic here would go sky high.

No point in telling people how to use some software if they have to learn the fuck out of an OS first, do you not think?
  • PsychoDelicPsychoDelic Regular
    edited March 2011
    You know I'm in : )
    What's the date for this guide, or is it just anytime before April?
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    You know I'm in : )
    What's the date for this guide, or is it just anytime before April?

I'm pretty sure this is a continuing obligation to provide content, at least 1 piece a month.

I may have misunderstood.

Also of course I am in.
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited March 2011
    I'll sign in.
  • edited March 2011
    I will make TDR post at least 3 butthurt responses per day.
    edited March 2011
    ^Says the child who is putty in my hands.
  • edited March 2011
    ^Says the child who is putty in my hands.

U that desperate for some trolling? I haven't even posted in your abandoned forum yet!
  • ImmaChrgnMaLAZRImmaChrgnMaLAZR Regular
    edited March 2011

If DS is able to be in, then shit, count me in.
    edited March 2011
    U that desperate for some trolling? I haven't even posted in your abandoned forum yet!

Why, did you learn to troll while you were on a ten day vacation?
  • edited March 2011
    Why, did you learn to troll while you were on a ten day vacation?

I was doing the Lord's work, not that you'd know much about that.
    edited March 2011
    Is that what you call packing habenar0's fudge, doing the lords work?
  • edited March 2011
    Is that what you call packing habenar0's fudge, doing the lords work?

See what I mean? Not a clue. Maybe next time, instead of responding to every pathetic excuse for a troll I throw your way, you should act like the mature adult you pretend to be so I can move on and ruffle the feathers of some other well deserving members of this forum. You're hogging my attention, and that's not fair to everyone else.
    edited March 2011
    I see, so in other words the answer to my previous question would be no.
  • edited March 2011
    I see, so in other words the answer to my previous question would be no.

Really?
    Looks to me like I just derailed this thread, and you spent the last ten minutes PMing me "fail"
    FATTY-2
    TDR-0
    edited March 2011
    If DS is able to be in, then shit, count me in.
    dr rocker wrote: »
    If this shit counts, I have no worries.

Makes X on dotted line.
    buddha wrote: »
    Yeah we'll just count you out then.

Think he meant content people actually want to read. Not the same damn crap 3 times a day.

I post good content:mad:
    edited March 2011
    Really?
    Looks to me like I just derailed this thread, and you spent the last ten minutes PMing me "fail"
    FATTY-2
    TDR-0

fail
  • edited March 2011
    fail

You know chief, that's real unbecoming of a mod. People will think we're all a bunch of tryhards, not just you.
    bXOvQ.jpg
  • IndulgenceIndulgence Regular
    edited March 2011
    You two are cute.
    edited March 2011
    You know chief, that's real unbecoming of a mod. People will think we're all a bunch of tryhards, not just you.
    bXOvQ.jpg

Let's play that game...
    You accidentally failed in a past fail reply
    so
    FAIL

fail
    FAIL

fail
    fail
    plus you're a nigger
  • edited March 2011
    And here I was thinking PMs were private! Guess I'll have to make like TDR and run crying to my paki boyfriend.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited March 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    You will write one piece of content per month at a minimum.

Mate, been doing that for a bit. Sign me the fuck up! Got a few good ones being assembled in .txt format
  • edited March 2011
    Alright, I updated the OP with your usernames if you've said you'd sign up. Now, should we implement the use of a forfeit if someone doesn't do their job each month? :D

Also, your time starts now. So get thinking.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    All ready working on one for MY green planet forum. oh yes I said MINE.
    edited March 2011
    So on the 10th of every month we should have a submission? ;)
  • edited March 2011
    ^ Yup. Either that, or we release the content throughout the month whenever you want. So by the 10th of every month, there will have been a submission from each member.
  • da teachada teacha Regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't know if anybody cares/wants. But I can cross post some shit I've written/will be writing in the future for my blog. Some pieces on the French Foreign Legion, teaching English, how to find jobs, and about life in Russia.

Everybody who writes content should have their own back up site and cross post. That way, it gives people an incentive to contribute, and they have a ready made community to gain readerbase, whilst strengthening the collective we have here.
    edited March 2011
    ^This sounds like a great way to contribute. Thank you for offering.
  • IndulgenceIndulgence Regular
    edited March 2011
    da teacha wrote: »
    I don't know if anybody cares/wants. But I can cross post some shit I've written/will be writing in the future for my blog. Some pieces on the French Foreign Legion, teaching English, how to find jobs, and about life in Russia.

Everybody who writes content should have their own back up site and cross post. That way, it gives people an incentive to contribute, and they have a ready made community to gain readerbase, whilst strengthening the collective we have here.

That actually sounds pretty cool.
    edited March 2011
    da teacha wrote: »

This. This. And this again.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited March 2011
    I will not be signing this, but that will not exclude me from posting fun facts about animals and trees.
    edited March 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    I will not be signing this, but that will not exclude me from posting fun facts about animals and trees.

just

and

:fap:

Seriously?

What exactly do you do for this community anyhow Mayberry?
    edited March 2011
    What exactly do you do for this community anyhow Mayberry?

I post fun facts about animals and trees. If that does not fit your ideals of what content is, then I will leave it to those who appreciate it to read it.
    edited March 2011
    I post fun facts about animals and trees. If that does not fit your ideals of what content is, then I will leave it to those who appreciate it to read it.

Look, all I am saying it that as a Global Mod you should be on board for this. Rather than publicly denouncing the efforts of your peers to improve this site. Nobody said anything derogatory about your flora and fauna.
    edited March 2011
    Look, all I am saying it that as a Global Mod you should be on board for this. Rather than publicly denouncing the efforts of your peers to improve this site. Nobody said anything derogatory about your flora and fauna.

Oh I see, sorry for taking offense so quickly. Don't get me wrong, I do support this, and it is great that everybody is willing to contribute. However, it is just the way I work that having constant deadlines rattle me up. If you like to have constant goals to reach, then that is great for your working style. Please be understanding.
    edited March 2011
    Oh I see, sorry for taking offense so quickly. Don't get me wrong, I do support this, and it is great that everybody is willing to contribute. However, it is just the way I work that having constant deadlines rattle me up. If you like to have constant goals to reach, then that is great for your working style. Please be understanding.

I am glad you took the time to elaborate in this. I understand the deadline thing and will not be held to a date for a contribution. I signed up as an indication of my willingness to make meaningful contributions on a monthly basis according to my timetable IRL.

:D
  • edited March 2011
    This site needs more education posts about tracked tractors with blades and rippers.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    This site needs more education posts about tracked tractors with blades and rippers.

I'm actually working on it. Well as close as we are going to get/need.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    Just wrote a 4 page fictional story for IRL project. My Internet is down [at my place] which is way I am not active enough.

However, I am more than capable of writing 2 guides [cms type content] in a week and if time allows I can flood the CMS as well.

Count me in.

SIGNED!
    edited March 2011
    I request that you allow my revolutionary writings to be counted as text files and put into the front page. These works could someday be of historical importance and I am letting totse have them first.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    ^add some images, and format them properly, add some source links etc. And it will get published anyway.
    edited March 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    ^add some images, and format them properly, add some source links etc. And it will get published anyway.

Will do:)
  • edited March 2011
    So, we should have 11 news guides this month if all goes to plan! Let's see what happens shall we...
  • LordWormLordWorm Regular
    edited March 2011
    Sign me up. I'm working on some stuff for BB right now.

I'm also looking forward to trx's guides because I suck balls at computer hacking.