Need For Speed Series

What was your favorite Need For Speed game?

Personally I thought they were great up to a certain point in time where they turned a little shitty - my favorite games being Underground and Underground 2. I loved being able to street race, modify my car and race my friends to see who had the better car etc.

Amazing games really :D

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited February 2011
    My first one was Hot Pursuit 2. The concept is so unrealistic, but it was great fun :hai:
  • jewnosejewnose Regular
    edited February 2011
    My favorite was Most Wanted. I still play it. I just finished up the career mode again last week, actually. The series started going to shit with Carbon and went downhill from there.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited February 2011
    I am enjoying the latest version but damn the audio sucks. Most Wanted was probably the best one.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited February 2011
  • edited February 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    I am enjoying the latest version but damn the audio sucks. Most Wanted was probably the best one.

I just remembered the time when my parents bought a new cinema sound system for the house. I plugged my PS2 into the TV and cranked the sound system right up - revving the fuck out a hummer :D
  • lavoshlavosh Semo-Regulars
    edited March 2011
    Prior to Hot pursuit 2, which I picked up last week, the last game I played was carbon. I was very disappointed to find that there was no car customization beyond the color. I enjoyed the good old days when you could buy performance parts and drift through busy city streets, and I dont think i will be playing anymore NFS games until a similar concept returns.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    Try Need For Speed World.
  • KraneKrane Regular
    edited March 2011
    I had the original on my Panasonic 3DO.
  • da teachada teacha Regular
    edited March 2011
    Through the windoooowwww... Through the wallllll, throough the wall.....
  • edited March 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Try Need For Speed World.

Seriously dude, this game sucks! I tried it out thinking it would be alright... But I was so terribly mistaken!
  • ImmaChrgnMaLAZRImmaChrgnMaLAZR Regular
    edited March 2011
    Most Wanted for sure. That game was the shit, and sadly, the last great NFS game. :sad:
  • xionousxionous Semo-Regulars
    edited March 2011
    Need for speed underground 2 is my fav
  • SeitzySeitzy Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    I only owned Hot Pursuit 2 and Underground 2.

Hot Pursuit 2 was awesome, it was fairly realistic (Nothing beats Gran Turismo in realism though) while Underground 2 was awesome because of it's Customization abilities.
  • jewnosejewnose Regular
    edited March 2011
    Seitzy wrote: »
    (Nothing beats Gran Turismo in realism though)

Not even Forza?
  • SeitzySeitzy Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    jewnose wrote: »
    Not even Forza?

Never played it. can't imagine an Xbox could ever match it.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited March 2011
    played forza. gran turismo does pwn it.
  • SeitzySeitzy Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    played forza. gran turismo does pwn it.

from the looks of it, Forza looks like it's for people who like Rice Burners.
  • jewnosejewnose Regular
    edited March 2011
    Seitzy wrote: »
    from the looks of it, Forza looks like it's for people who like Rice Burners.
    Not really. Forza has more technical driving in it than Gran Turismo. If the two could be somehow combined, it would be the perfect game.
  • edited March 2011
    Not really. Forza has more technical driving in it than Gran Turismo. If the two could be somehow combined, it would be the perfect game.

How about adding in the damage levels from GRID? That game had incredibly good damage realism.
  • SeitzySeitzy Acolyte
    edited March 2011

what was the last Gran Turismo you played?