Afghan army training

AnarchyMasterAnarchyMaster Regular
edited March 2011 in Man Cave
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-12668961

These guys are probably the most undisciplined noobs I've ever seen. What is it that the Taliban has that these guys don't?

Comments

• RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited March 2011
    I saw this earlier and had go through my head what my mate said about just how disposable they are. He witnessed 5 get blown up in a pickup truck. Lawl.
  • edited March 2011
    I laughed at that picture of the 4 recruits - the one on the right looks like a total chump! I agree, they're extremely disposable and no one probably gives two shits whether or not they get blown to bits or not.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited March 2011
    1. Strap on a bomb.
    2. Run into the middle of a crowd.
    3. Press button.
    4. ?????
    5. BOOM!
  • falcon12falcon12 Semo-Regulars
    edited March 2011
    I agree with trx. They don't look they know what's goin on.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited March 2011
    The problem is that these people think that it is the best thing to do to be a propper person.

Their enemy do not just think - they know in themselves - that their way is better (even if we do not agree).

One man who believes is worth ten of those who think. These recruits may be willing to put their lives on the line. Their enemy will give their lives willingly.

These people understand their is a risk in what they do. However, how can this compete with a jihadist who does not see any risk in loss of life? If they get shot in a battle, or blown up by a drone, or walk into a market and blow themselves up, they believe they are doing the right thing and place this in value above what they value their lives.

Until such point that a government in the 'stan has national special forces that are driven (as individuals) to want to beat (and destroy) those that they see as the enemy, a stalemate is all that can come.

Until you programme a civilised man to make a game from death, he can never compete with a man that accepts death as a natural consequence of belief. Never.

You can train a man to do things in two ways. With belief in what he is doing is right, or encourage his ego to believe he cannot be beaten and so must he be the best warrior out there.
  • AnarchyMasterAnarchyMaster Regular
    edited March 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    The problem is that these people think that it is the best thing to do to be a propper person.

Their enemy do not just think - they know in themselves - that their way is better (even if we do not agree).

One man who believes is worth ten of those who think. These recruits may be willing to put their lives on the line. Their enemy will give their lives willingly.

These people understand their is a risk in what they do. However, how can this compete with a jihadist who does not see any risk in loss of life? If they get shot in a battle, or blown up by a drone, or walk into a market and blow themselves up, they believe they are doing the right thing and place this in value above what they value their lives.

Until such point that a government in the 'stan has national special forces that are driven (as individuals) to want to beat (and destroy) those that they see as the enemy, a stalemate is all that can come.

Until you programme a civilised man to make a game from death, he can never compete with a man that accepts death as a natural consequence of belief. Never.

You can train a man to do things in two ways. With belief in what he is doing is right, or encourage his ego to believe he cannot be beaten and so must he be the best warrior out there.

Yeah, I think the Spartans had the best combo of military discipline and willingness to throw their lives away at a moment's notice.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited March 2011
    We had to train and fight with a few of them.

Personally I always found them to be quite a liability. Even after you trained them, they were not disciplined enough to retain it.

One cock sucker was so jumpy he would blow through a shit ton of magazines if he saw anything move. When I would yell at him to cease-fire, he would quit for a few minutes and then start spraying again. Gave away our position a twice, and it got to the point that I gave him one magazine and a corporal and myself held the rest of them.

They might be fine in rear echelon troops or with Marines, but I reallllly didn't like dealing with them. They were usually pretty nice guys, but way too jumpy and just not disciplined enough. When it came to clearing complex's or something of that nature, I made sure they were on the tail end as they were likely to shoot anything that moved inside a house. Be it a Combatant, woman, child, dog, window curtain.

Also, I did not read your link.

:o Problem?