Real Friends

Issue313Issue313 Acolyte
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Out of all the friends I have, exactly 3 came to see me when I was in hospital, getting a heart operation and cancer chemotherapy.

Should I lose all the friends who couldn't be bothered their arse coming to see me? What would be a suitable punishment?

Comments

• MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited July 2010
    You're lucky to have that many, I have MAYBE 1.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    Do what I do. Treat friends like a business. Friends only mean two like minded people (or not) who come together to feed off one another for some basic need. Friend is about needing, not wanting.

Treat them as "Associates" and "Acquantinces". Obviously the first is closer to someone you can call a friend than the other. If you treat it like a business relationship you aren't going to let them get close enough to you to be affected by anything they do or don't do.

I condem friendships because out of all my years they ALL end up stabbing you in the back and often times become a worse enemy than someone who you didn't become a friend with and despised. All the closest people I got to know as "near friends" were people I originally hated, fought, and ended up liking them.
  • mr.bluntmr.blunt Regular
    edited July 2010
    I have probably only two or three people out of all my friends I'd bother going to see in the hospital, whatever their condition/reason for being there. And thus, I only have about two or three people who I expect would come see me.

Normal.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    Hang out with your real friends more and disregard the other ones.
  • trickstertrickster Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Inform the others that they now have to funnel Drain-O in their asses for your amusement.
  • wasjoshwasjosh Regular
    edited July 2010
    LSA King wrote: »
    Do what I do. Treat friends like a business. Friends only mean two like minded people (or not) who come together to feed off one another for some basic need. Friend is about needing, not wanting.

Treat them as "Associates" and "Acquantinces". Obviously the first is closer to someone you can call a friend than the other. If you treat it like a business relationship you aren't going to let them get close enough to you to be affected by anything they do or don't do.

I condem friendships because out of all my years they ALL end up stabbing you in the back and often times become a worse enemy than someone who you didn't become a friend with and despised. All the closest people I got to know as "near friends" were people I originally hated, fought, and ended up liking them.

qft

"Friends are just people you fuck over more than they fuck you."

As long as you get something from them, emotionally or physically, and don't feel as if you're losing more than that's worth, suck them dry.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Irl friends are overrated. Replace them with internet ones.
  • wasjoshwasjosh Regular
    edited July 2010
    ILTST9 wrote: »
    Irl friends are overrated. Replace them with internet ones.
    *Ripes off shirt and slowly removes pants*
    Hey, how you doing?
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2010
    Friends only last as long as you have something to give them. The only true bonding is between family, and even then, it doesn't always happen.
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010
    Friends come and go man. One dude i was real close to for 15 years quit even calling me because he hooked up with a new girl, Only spoken two him twice in the last year.

But another friend i had for 20 years let me fuck his old lady once cuz i was really depressed.

Guess who has my friendship
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010
    Use them before they end up using you.