Soda Pop, Cans or Plastic Bottles

Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
edited March 2011 in Life
I don't know about anyone else but since they did away with glass bottles years ago I prefer soda out of a can versus a plastic bottle. To me pop tastes "crisper" out of a can than from plastic. IN plastic it has a flatter flavor. What is your preference?

Comments

• ImmaChrgnMaLAZRImmaChrgnMaLAZR Regular
    edited March 2011
    Cans. That way i can crush them with the weight of my supermassively dense genitals with ease.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited March 2011
    Glass bottles.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Glass bottles.

I prefer glass as well but it has not been available in my area for more than a decade. Can you still get glass bottles by you?
  • TSAoDTSAoD Regular
    edited March 2011
    Bottle has better carbonation and taste.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited March 2011
    I prefer glass as well but it has not been available in my area for more than a decade. Can you still get glass bottles by you?

Depends on the soda. More expensive ones are usually in glass bottles, but once in awhile drinks like Coke go on special release in glass as well.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited March 2011
    I usually prefer can. For some reason it tastes better. Occasionally glass bottle soda is sold and thats the best.
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited March 2011
    I like mine in a cup.
  • LMSLMS Regular
    edited March 2011
    Jones Soda is the only brand I know that is still in a glass bottle.
    edited March 2011
    I like mine in a cup.
    df39c184f5ecff308f8f600e93b729aa.jpg

?

or did you mean

athletic_cup_gag_gift_idea_coffee_mugs-p1687112704495119832otmb_400.jpg
  • busxbusx Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    I don't know if it's just me, but cans make the contents taste a bit metallic. For that reason I prefer glass bottles, or ceramic cups.
    edited March 2011
    df39c184f5ecff308f8f600e93b729aa.jpg

Definitely this one.
    edited March 2011
    busx wrote: »
    I don't know if it's just me, but cans make the contents taste a bit metallic. For that reason I prefer glass bottles, or ceramic cups.

Whoa, dude, do you think that might have anything to do with the can itself being metal? mind = blown
  • ducklipsducklips Regular
    edited March 2011
    I prefer cans but lately I've been getting fountain drinks it's cheaper but pisses me off when the mix isn't right.
  • SemSem Regular
    edited March 2011
    Bottles for taste and the fact that I can put the lid back on it.

On the other hand apparently one can start a fire with an aluminum can and some chocolate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipMd5A7eUsc
    edited March 2011
    Sem wrote: »
    Bottles for taste and the fact that I can put the lid back on it.

On the other hand apparently one can start a fire with an aluminum can and some chocolate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipMd5A7eUsc

That is a sweet little trick.
    edited March 2011
    spazz wrote: »
    I demand a glass bottle option in the OP

They are clearly superior. aside from glass i prefer fountain drinks they have a different formulation

Request denied, the are not available in all locations. :p
  • SemSem Regular
    edited March 2011
    ducklips wrote: »
    I prefer cans but lately I've been getting fountain drinks it's cheaper but pisses me off when the mix isn't right.

Very true concerning the mix, although I have had the rare occasion to have a fountain drink come out heavy on the syrup and it tasted great :)
  • edited March 2011
    I voted for the plastic bottle because I like being able to put the cap back on and save the rest of the drink for later. I often reuse my bottles too, filling them up with water and taking them around with me after I've used them initially. I've found that doing this saves you money which you'd otherwise spend on another bottled drink :)
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited March 2011
    Can. When it's cold you can feel that mist on your hand and it's just badass popping that cap.
  • jewnosejewnose Regular
    edited March 2011
    Where do you people live that you can't get glass bottles? Around here we can usually get at least those little bottles of Coke. If you're really desperate your can go to the mexican grocery store and get glass bottles. Almost all root beer around here is in a glass bottle. And I live in the middle of nowhere. NO-FUCKING-WHERE.
    edited March 2011
    I have not seen glass bottles in stores since the 90's. That includes four states, NJ, NV,OH, and MI.
  • ducklipsducklips Regular
    edited March 2011
    you must shop at the fancy grocery stores, soda in glass bottles are there look in the mexican isle.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited March 2011
    I have not seen glass bottles in stores since the 90's. That includes four states, NJ, NV,OH, and MI.

There's a corner store near my house that sells soda in glass bottles.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited March 2011
    "By the late 1970s, increasing tariffs on imported sugar forced U.S. food manufacturers to develop alternative sweeteners. The answer quickly became high-fructose corn syrup, the price of which continues to be kept low through government subsidies for corn growers. Damn the taste, we know what fat Americans with dead taste buds want!"
    Source.
    Mexican glass-bottled Coke is better than any American version.
  • ThrillavanillaThrillavanilla Acolyte
    edited March 2011
  • jewnosejewnose Regular
    edited March 2011
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    Source.
    Fucking truth. Mexicans are awesome. They still make Coke with sugar and put it in glass bottles like god intended. They also bring us drugs in their asses. How many "friends" do you have who would do that for you?

Also, is Jones Soda a national thing? Because I've only seen that in glass bottles.
  • edited March 2011
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    Source.

I made a thread attesting to that fact weeks ago.