What's the best way to unscrew a jar which is stuck?

marshmallow-fluff-entert0406-de.jpg

I was eating some of this shit yesterday and in a haste, I screwed the cap on a little loose and threw it onto my bed. It seems that a little bit of the contents has seeped out and made it's way into the cap a little bit. If you've eaten this shit before, you'll know that it's pretty sticky and the cap to the jar has become so solidly stuck on that I can't untwist it at all.

I even gave it to a buff guy I know, and he can't unscrew it either :facepalm:

How do you unstick a stuck jar?!

Comments

• TillouciferTilloucifer Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    have you tried twisting? if that doesnt work, go to backyard ballistics and see if anybody will show you how to make a shaped charge.
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited March 2011
    How about heating the lid a bit in hot water? Could melt the stuff that's keeping it glued together ...
    edited March 2011
    is the jar a metaphor for your gf's vag? and the lid is her christianity? yeah youre definitely going to have to "screw the lid off". try drugs and rap music, that seems to have worked in destroying the morals of everyone else in this country...
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited March 2011
    Run it under a hit tap for a little while then apply pressure while unscrewing with a rugged cloth. If all else fails you can always bang the edge of the jar lid on the counter till it flies off or breaks.
    edited March 2011
    also, have you checked the how-to section for an answer to this problem.?
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited March 2011
    Push down & turn to open.
  • LordWormLordWorm Regular
    edited March 2011
    if that doesnt work, go to backyard ballistics and see if anybody will show you how to make a shaped charge.

I was thinking more along the lines of det cord. One wrap of 5g/m around the circumference of the lid should do it.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited March 2011
    I imagine he is trying not to damage the container and contaminate the food with explosives...

Try to find a rubber jar opener, which should give you just enough grip and leverage to be able to open even the most difficult jar.

Looks like this:

011W911162110001
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited March 2011
    Run it under a hit tap for a little while then apply pressure while unscrewing with a rugged cloth. If all else fails you can always bang the edge of the jar lid on the counter till it flies off or breaks.
    I imagine he is trying not to damage the container and contaminate the food with explosives...

Try to find a rubber jar opener, which should give you just enough grip and leverage to be able to open even the most difficult jar.

Looks like this:

011W911162110001

These should do the trick, if not, give up
  • Turd_SmasherTurd_Smasher Regular
    edited March 2011
    Put the jar on the ground, tell a nigger to bite the cap, then stomp on back of said nigger's head.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited March 2011
    razor the whole top off.

then eat the rest you fat shit.
  • edited March 2011
    Fuck yeah, that hot water trick followed by using a cloth worked! After I managed to open the jar, I also cleaned the screw-thread around the inside of the lid and around the outside of the jar. After I'd finished, I dried it up thoroughly and I'm now able to open and close the lid as though it was a brand new jar :D Thanks Totse.
  • jewnosejewnose Regular
    edited March 2011
    Once again, Totse saves the day. Man, if we all put our powers together we could make this world a better place to live for our children and our children's children.

Today, a stuck jar lid. Tomorrow, ... ?
  • MordFustangMordFustang Regular
    edited March 2011
    jewnose wrote: »
    Today, a stuck jar lid. Tomorrow, ... ?

Two stuck jars! :hai:
  • ThrillavanillaThrillavanilla Acolyte
    edited March 2011
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited March 2011
    Just run it under hot water and then give it a try.
  • ImmaChrgnMaLAZRImmaChrgnMaLAZR Regular
    edited March 2011
    Just run it under hot water and then give it a try.

Imma start calling you Slowpoke. Faggot.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited March 2011
    Imma start calling you Slowpoke. Faggot.

congratulations.
  • SemSem Regular
    edited March 2011
    Try tapping all around the edge of the lid with the dull edge of a butter knife.