The WILD technique is AWESOME!

edited March 2011 in Life
Every morning for a week or so, I've been waking up and trying the WILD technique with some brilliant results! For those who don't know, WILD stands for Wake Induced Lucid Dream and is a very effective way of bringing your lucidity on. Basically, I have an alarm set each morning so that I wake up on time etc. I have a 5 minute snooze setting on there, which gives me 5 minutes of lucid dreaming time! It sounds short as fuck, but 5 minutes seems like 20 minutes when you're dreaming!

As soon as my alarm goes off, I hit the snooze button and think about a scenario which I'd like to be in when I start dreaming. I place characters into it, objects and whatever else I want, just to make things more interesting. I then visualize myself being lucid in the scenario until I eventually fall asleep again. It's a pretty seamless transition between being awake and being asleep, and it's VERY easy to let your mind wander and start dreaming all by itself. However, if you get it all right then you will find yourself lucid dreaming in no time!

Also, if this does go wrong and you end up dreaming without lucidity, then your thoughts before you fell asleep will have given you an awesome dream anyway! So it's a win/win situation :D Enjoy.

Comments

• Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited March 2011
    ive heard its a great technique with the results also being really good. however bc of the it works sleep paralysis can set in if your a novice. thats the only thing that worries me. ive had sleep paralysis happen to me about 5 times and it scares the shit out of me.
  • edited March 2011
    It's scary, I agree. I guess you just have to get used to letting it happen, and try to stay calm. After all, it doesn't last forever :)
  • ThrillavanillaThrillavanilla Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    I do the same thing while driving
  • edited March 2011
    This is either bad trolling or spam, quit necroposting.

To stay on topic... Trx, you should try taking a nap in the afternoon too, or if you get up really early, in the late morning. That will get you some good lucid dreams.

I haven't actually tried this one before as I never really have the time to do it. I've been asleep in the afternoon before though, and it just makes me feel sick when I wake up for some reason :thumbsdown: I'll give it another shot sometime though, perhaps in a more comfortable bed when I'm tired as fuck.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited March 2011
    I can't Lucid Dream but meditating and the relaxation come easy to me. Gonna try this out though, trx :)