About Lucid Dreaming

blamehoffmanblamehoffman Regular
edited March 2011 in Life
When I was in highschool I used to be really into it but kinda gave it up after a while; im thinking about taking it up again. I know all about reality checks and dream journals, I just got a few questions for the community before starting:

- Do I need a rigid sleep cycle in order to be successful? I like to sleep in sometimes....

- Which method is the best? (WTB, WILD, etc) and Why?

- what drugs are best used? I have melatonin and its really been helping me get a good nights rest, but is there anything that can help with the quality, vividness, or with remembering dreams?

thanks alot.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    Trx110 has been experimenting with this for a while now. I am sure he will be able to help you get started.
  • edited March 2011
    When I was in highschool I used to be really into it but kinda gave it up after a while; im thinking about taking it up again. I know all about reality checks and dream journals, I just got a few questions for the community before starting:

- Do I need a rigid sleep cycle in order to be successful? I like to sleep in sometimes....

- Which method is the best? (WTB, WILD, etc) and Why?

- what drugs are best used? I have melatonin and its really been helping me get a good nights rest, but is there anything that can help with the quality, vividness, or with remembering dreams?

thanks alot.

Hello there - glad to see that you're interested in taking this up again as it's pretty freakin' sweet at times. Hopefully I can answer your questions, so let's get started...

You don't necessarily need a rigid sleep cycle in order to lucid dream. If you like to lay in sometimes then that's just fine! In fact, your differentiating sleep pattern may in fact HELP you to lucid dream, so you don't really need to change anything there. The days which you like to lay in on might be the best time to attempt a WILD - something which is usually very effective.

In fact, I'd personally say that the WILD technique is probably the best one of the lot, because it allows you to dive straight into a lucid dream with minimal effort. On the days which you lay in, you should set an alarm to wake you up in the morning just before you're about to enter the REM sleep stage for maximum effectiveness. I won't go into detail about how to initiate a WILD, but do some Google searches and you'll find out plenty of information. If you need to learn about your sleep cycles then check Google for that as well!

As for the drugs, there's a few suggestions in here and in the Headshrinkers forum in general, so have a look around. Most importantly, good luck!
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited March 2011
    I took some Morphine sulfate last night and had one wicked lucid dreaming session.
  • blamehoffmanblamehoffman Regular
    edited March 2011
    is morphine sulfate readily available at a pharmacy or would i need a perscription?
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited March 2011
    Lol well if your in the U.S.A yes. idk about the other countries.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited March 2011
    is morphine sulfate readily available at a pharmacy or would i need a perscription?

you would need a prescription