Combat Games

The NegotiatorThe Negotiator Regular
edited March 2011 in Man Cave
So a few months ago, we got a huge group of people together and played Manhunt. Basically running around in the dark trying to catch people. Our rules were sketchy at best, but it worked reasonably well.

Does anyone else play these sorts of games? We need a good set of rules to stick to, as well as a better outline and premise of the game to keep some people interested.

Comments

• RolfRolf Regular
    edited March 2011
    Does not belong in W&C, states Rolf.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited March 2011
    So a few months ago, we got a huge group of people together and played Manhunt. Basically running around in the dark trying to catch people. Our rules were sketchy at best, but it worked reasonably well.

Does anyone else play these sorts of games? We need a good set of rules to stick to, as well as a better outline and premise of the game to keep some people interested.

So basically you and a bunch of dudes run around in the dark trying to grab each other? Sounds pretty homosexual.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited March 2011
    So basically you and a bunch of dudes run around in the dark trying to grab each other? Sounds pretty homosexual.

Sounds like Dirty Sanchez's College years, if he was old enough to have ever graduated such an institution.... :facepalm:

RIP had the most intense war games ever. Then again, you have to sell your soul to the military to participate. The whole 2 hr. sleep every few nights really weeds out people though. Especially when another team can sneak up on you, and assassinate half your platoon without the other half realizing it, then the other half gets fragged and shot.

In my younger years my good friend was always in to paintball, but I never cared for running around a small ass inflatable field. When I was 17-20 we would get together in the winter and stage a winter battle in my dad's 100-some acres in the woods with paintball guns. Pretty good time. Get about 6-10 beers in the each of the 20-30 of us, then head off to our "lines"

Shit was pretty intense. Looking back, the beer gave us the feeling of combat fatigue comparable to RIP and actual combat in the field. Kinda fucked, yeah? Something about 2 hours of sleep in 4 days, turns a man in to an animal when the shit goes down.