Permaban Porn Hungry Noobs — Totseans

Permaban Porn Hungry Noobs

RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
edited March 2011 in Help and Suggestions
I'm a tad tired of seeing dead threads brought back and completely and consistently useless posting from the newly registered just to get their post count up so they can get to the good porn.

Sure, I'd wager some of them are just completely fucking useless posters and want nothing to do with Flesh Art and the like. However, as I'm sure others have noticed, many flood threads with short, pointless posts just to get their count up.

I suggest locking the horny little bastards out if that's the way they'd like to use the site. I'm all for watching porn and posting on totse, but fuck posting on totse TO watch porn.
«1

Comments

  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited March 2011
    Prove they are porn hungry noobs, and not just shit posters.
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited March 2011
    Any suggestions on how to go about that?

    I really doubt pm'ing them asking whether they're useless sacks of shit or just want to unlock parts of the site will be fruitful...
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    there is a couple posts in the porn passes thread, telling people if they actually post eventually they get the good porn.

    I will edit mine right now, but if we had the other ones edited it might keep them in the porn thread
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited March 2011
    No suggestions. Point is, why should we ban users for posting? Shit content or not, they are still contributing. Unless they are spamming or something, they are fine.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    No suggestions. Point is, why should we ban users for posting? Shit content or not, they are still contributing. Unless they are spamming or something, they are fine.

    I don't consider half the crap they post "contributing"
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited March 2011
    buddha wrote: »
    I don't consider half the crap they post "contributing"

    Nor do I, which is the major point I apparently failed to express.

    I'm all for contribution, but seeing a flood of "me, too" responses does not cross me as legitimate contribution to the site. It's no better than the spambots.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited March 2011
    Nor do I, which is the major point I apparently failed to express.

    I'm all for contribution, but seeing a flood of "me, too" responses does not cross me as legitimate contribution to the site. It's no better than the spambots.

    This, that, lol, same, and :fap: make up about 1/3 of my posts, but I contribute also.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited March 2011
    I think the real question about banning them comes down to whether the common porn fiend is really a human anymore and do they deserve the same posting rights as a human? My opinion is that the pr0n has reduced them to a level more resembling a beast than man.
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited March 2011
    This, that, lol, same, and :fap: make up about 1/3 of my posts, but I contribute also.

    1/3, but not all. That's the major problem we're having/will be having more and more.
    I think the real question about banning them comes down to whether the common porn fiend is really a human anymore and do they deserve the same posting rights as a human? My opinion is that the pr0n has reduced them to a level more resembling a beast than man.

    Are porn fiends going to become your replacement crusade for drug addicts?
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited March 2011
    1/3, but not all. That's the major problem we're having/will be having more and more.



    Are porn fiends going to become your replacement crusade for drug addicts?

    Yes because I believe that there is still hope for the drug fiend. However the pr0n addict is no longer human. They truly are a sorry creature. The only love they now is a porn video and their hand. They live by the fap and they will die by the fap.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    This thread is weird. Just wait till those users reach regular status. They would self pwn anyway. Plus, we can't ban them for posting but I am sure we can work something out.
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited March 2011
    How about we remove every mentioning of the hidden porn forum? That way they won't start fluff posting to reach it. Not a fan of banning 'em myself.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    Cross post...

    Dfg I will pay you 5000 AFN if you change it so all the porn forums are hidden till 100 posts. and keep it that way.

    Thats way our users can "Use" them but we aren't dragging in trash.

    We haven't had a porn lurker yet that has become a decent forum poster. and there are less than a dozen decent posts from all of them combined.

    5000, think about it. I shit you not.

    Either go and convert my cash, and physically mail it to you, or western union or something. we can work it out.SERIOUSLY.

    It's draggin this place down. content is good, bullshit posts don't add shit to the place and make us look bad when a real newb comes in and has to scroll like fuck to find something worth reading.

    That should be enough to change it, but fuckit Ill save this place myself.

    5000 AFN

    Do it.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited March 2011
    &T members sound like a

    bitchy whiny wife.

    "we need more members"

    "we need to ban new members"

    wtf?
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    We don't need to ban members for shitty posting but we do need to move these shitty posts to the trash. It does make the site looks like a haven for retarded kids. This appearance will have the potential to chase of those who are lurking that might have the potential to raise to collective IQ of totse.
  • kidgokidgo Regular
    edited March 2011
    dunno weather or not im even just to comment in here but - from what i see people are just lurking with 1 post to gain acess to the treads - you sould increase the mininum letter responce needed to class as a post !

    i know that quoting doesnt count as a word count but will help in the short winded replies to threads. i had to do this years ago on a multiplayer gaming comunity forum
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited March 2011
    Who's next on the ban list, explosive-happy newbs?

    Fuck this noise. For a free speech loving site, you sure talk about banning a lot.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    Who's next on the ban list, explosive-happy newbs?

    Fuck this noise. For a free speech loving site, you sure talk about banning a lot.

    When you have grown up and learn how groups of people function (sociology) you will shut the fuck up and only open your mouth when you have something intelligent to say. Until then why don't you just let the adults handle things.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited March 2011
    No, you gonna ban me over it?
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    No, I am just going to continue to make fun of you and your pathetic website.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited March 2011
    Good thing I don't give a fuck :).

    In all seriousness though, the OP sounds like they don't like the free speech of certain members because their reasons for being here are less valid than everyone else's.

    If you are going to ban posters who only want to gain access to the porn sections, you may end up losing worthwhile contributors. Or they may be all "spammers", but you'll never know because they're banned.

    Slippery slope...
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    Banning users is out of the question. We don't ban people for posting and nor do we intend to do that, however, there seems to be an increase the +1 type posts. If it's because of the porn then there are better ways to handle the situation. I already have a plan and it will hopefully fix this problem.
  • MrBennMrBenn Regular
    edited March 2011
    I have to admit that it was through the lure of porn that I came across this site (if you'll excuse the expression!), but since joining I really enjoy looking through ALL the forums and adding my posts to different threads.

    I'm still intrigued to see the elusive '100 posts forum', but there's no way that I'm going to spam the boards with crap to get my post count up quick. I'll hit 100 post eventually but I'm in no rush and am enjoying everything else.

    I can imagine that there is probably a high % of users that just come for the porn and and don't contribute to anything else, and it must be annoying for all you regular forum members.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    MrBenn wrote: »
    I have to admit that it was through the lure of porn that I came across this site (if you'll excuse the expression!), but since joining I really enjoy looking through ALL the forums and adding my posts to different threads.

    I'm still intrigued to see the elusive '100 posts forum', but there's no way that I'm going to spam the boards with crap to get my post count up quick. I'll hit 100 post eventually but I'm in no rush and am enjoying everything else.

    I can imagine that there is probably a high % of users that just come for the porn and and don't contribute to anything else, and it must be annoying for all you regular forum members.

    Welcome to Totse MrBenn, from what I have seen so far we could use a couple hundred more members such as yourself.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited March 2011
    lol ban me instead :o
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited March 2011
    Flesh art isn't even worth 100 fucking posts, you can get all the porn you need from google. It's not like we have CP hidden there or something ;)
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited March 2011
    How about removing the entire Flesh Art forum and its sub-forums?

    The 'Porn Pass Only!' thread is the only thread that is regularly updated and apart from the lurkers and shit posters, none of us benefit from it. I've yet to see any Regular visit that thread.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    How about removing the entire Flesh Art forum and its sub-forums?

    The 'Porn Pass Only!' thread is the only thread that is regularly updated and apart from the lurkers and shit posters, none of us benefit from it. I've yet to see any Regular visit that thread.

    I do from time to time, the porn helps in bringing traffic. It's double edged sword mates. I am NOT an idiot, I spent some great amount on time in that section. We can fix the VIP hungry idiots but lets not remove something that benefits us.

    People like porn and they always enjoy porn in forums because for some reason they think it will exclusive and special or something rare. This is why we get lurkers, because majority of the community focuses on other things and the lurker finds this hidden porn resource something special. It's a great motivator for driving numbers up.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited March 2011
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    How about removing the entire Flesh Art forum and its sub-forums?

    The 'Porn Pass Only!' thread is the only thread that is regularly updated and apart from the lurkers and shit posters, none of us benefit from it. I've yet to see any Regular visit that thread.

    I use it.
  • edited March 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    I do from time to time, the porn helps in bringing traffic. It's double edged sword mates. I am NOT an idiot, I spent some great amount on time in that section. We can fix the VIP hungry idiots but lets not remove something that benefits us.

    People like porn and they always enjoy porn in forums because for some reason they think it will exclusive and special or something rare. This is why we get lurkers, because majority of the community focuses on other things and the lurker finds this hidden porn resource something special. It's a great motivator for driving numbers up.

    This, exactly. I agree that the crappy posters are annoying, but if you have a bone to pick with them then call them out on it, Totse style. Either that, or send them a PM telling them that they might want to consider posting a little better.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited March 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    I do from time to time, the porn helps in bringing traffic. It's double edged sword mates. I am NOT an idiot, I spent some great amount on time in that section. We can fix the VIP hungry idiots but lets not remove something that benefits us.

    People like porn and they always enjoy porn in forums because for some reason they think it will exclusive and special or something rare. This is why we get lurkers, because majority of the community focuses on other things and the lurker finds this hidden porn resource something special. It's a great motivator for driving numbers up.
    Great. How is traffic beneficiary when over half of our "active" members are wankers that just reg to view porn? Most of the new regs were either previous totseans or stumbled upon the site from other articles.

    These fuckers are flooding with their one-liner shit posts all the way to a hundred posts. Who even made that stupid shit rule? Last time I checked, everything in Flesh Design was visible under an acolyte account.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited March 2011
    What the forum needs is this

    Ninja jumping over tsunami

    http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&xhr=t&q=+Ninja+jumping+over+tsunami&cp=27&pf=p&sclient=psy&safe=off&site=&source=hp&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=+Ninja+jumping+over+tsunami&pbx=1&fp=6087551bfa6adfac

    give it a couple of hours until good indexes it.

    There we go, more visits, will these people contribute anything of worth?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    Great. How is traffic beneficiary when over half of our "active" members are wankers that just reg to view porn? Most of the new regs were either previous totseans or stumbled upon the site from other articles.

    These fuckers are flooding with their one-liner shit posts all the way to a hundred posts. Who even made that stupid shit rule? Last time I checked, everything in Flesh Design was visible under an acolyte account.

    Flesh Art and Flesh Designs are different. The aim was to force the users to contribute more for that forum. Only regulars can access that Flesh Design. I made the rule when I implemented the no lurker system.

    One liners can easily be fixed. Plus, that forum is used for baiting members anyway. I can lower the post count so acolyte can access that section.
  • mandingomandingo Regular
    edited March 2011
    If I may...

    I was one of the lurkers before the rule forced contribution. While some of my post were one liners, it was more of a feeling out period... People do have to learn how to communicate on a forum. They have to feel comfortable with the dialogue and how it unfolds.

    I haven't posted in a while but the forced contribution did make me search other forums on this site and proved to be quite interesting.

    Just and FYI from a former lurker!
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited March 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Flesh Art and Flesh Designs are different. The aim was to force the users to contribute more for that forum. Only regulars can access that Flesh Design. I made the rule when I implemented the no lurker system.

    One liners can easily be fixed. Plus, that forum is used for baiting members anyway. I can lower the post count so acolyte can access that section.

    Last time I checked I was an Acolyte?

    boxy.png
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    Box wrote: »
    Last time I checked I was an Acolyte?

    boxy.png

    I meant post in it mate.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    mandingo wrote: »
    If I may...

    I was one of the lurkers before the rule forced contribution. While some of my post were one liners, it was more of a feeling out period... People do have to learn how to communicate on a forum. They have to feel comfortable with the dialogue and how it unfolds.

    I haven't posted in a while but the forced contribution did make me search other forums on this site and proved to be quite interesting.

    Just and FYI from a former lurker!

    ^See, not every lurker will turn into a contributors. But it takes time for them to learn Totse ways. You guys get mad at anyone who tries to post, why not just PM them and help them post better.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited March 2011
    So Box can view "t3h VIP pr0n" forum but he can't post in it?

    What a shame. :(

    I'm sure all the wankers are highly upset also.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited March 2011
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    So Box can view "t3h VIP pr0n" forum but he can't post in it?

    What a shame. :(

    I'm sure all the wankers are highly upset also.

    Look at it in a funny way.

    He is a taker not a giver.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    He can't see inside the threads. At least thats how I understand it.

    ^That.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited March 2011
    He can't see inside the threads. At least thats how I understand it.

    ORLY?

    screenshot20110317at815.png

    screenshot20110317at817.png

    Hey, I post in it too.
    http://totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?p=152515#post152515
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited March 2011
    Permissions aren't set properly for that forum. Check promotions.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited March 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    Look at it in a funny way.

    He is a taker not a giver.
    BAHAHAHA!

    Nice one. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited March 2011
    30a9fac5-ec03-409a-85b7-916b4505d9c2.jpg

    Fk, I lost my avatar. FUUUUUUUUU
  • edited March 2011
    its not just us n00bs that post shit. there are all kinds of shit posts from users of all levels, though i could understand how you fail to see that, what with sitting so comfortably on that cloud of judgement in your parents' basement. i'm a lurking n00b who just don't give a fuck!
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited March 2011
    Fuck off. One liner noobs

    are welcome

    let the cry babys cry.

    one line the shit out of it
Sign In or Register to comment.