Firefox Crashing For No Reason

edited March 2011 in Tech & Games
Starting about a week or two ago, my Firefox browser has been crashing randomly when you open up a new tab. It can happen on any site (it just happened for a facebook page, but it's been totally different sites over the course of the week), and it doesn't seem to be a direct result of anything. I've checked my RAM use and that's totally fine and I wasn't doing anything intensive in the browser window.

I'm starting to think it's that Alexa toolbar I installed for the lulz, and it wouldn't surprise me. Anyway, I'm going to uninstall that right now as it doesn't really serve any purpose, and then I'll report back in if the problem occurs again.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited March 2011
    I have no problems. Let's see what happens when you uninstall the toolbar.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    trx100 wrote: »

Is this happening to anyone else?

Nope, but then again I never install toolbars.
  • orochiorochi New Arrival
    edited March 2011
    from time to time i've had firefox prove to be very unstable. it would crash for no reason and continue doing so for no reason.

everything's been fine recently, but it wouldn't surprise me if it started again.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited March 2011
    Check your add-ons? Mine caused untold annoyance and they were legit. Sometimes they just fuck up and purgng them is the easiest way.
  • edited March 2011
    After uninstalling, I haven't had any problems yet. I'll give it a week though, although it's already looking up! :D