So we're finally starting to get some new members...

MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
edited September 2011 in Spurious Generalities
And all you guys can do is fucking bitch about them and their posting. What's the point of bringing in new members if every time one of them posts something, an older member comes in and complains that they bumped an old thread, or something of that sort? At least their contributing, and will possibly contribute more..and more, potentially become a regular member of the community.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    I wish you had posted this in B&M, I wuold have stuck it for truth.
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited March 2011
    I wish you had posted this in B&M, I wold have sticked it for truth.

I always forget about B&M...shit.
  • LuxJigabooLuxJigaboo Regular
    edited March 2011
    I welcome all of them. :)
  • edited March 2011
    Moved to B&M :thumbsup: I completely agree. Who cares if people are bumping old threads? It's clearly stated somewhere (I forget where exactly) that it's alright to bump old threads as long as it's relevant to the topic at hand. Mindless bumping is retarded, and isn't tolerated regardless of how new or old members are but bumping an old thread with something relevant to say is totally fine, if not encouraged.

Fuck it, I'm going to bump an old thread right fucking now (with something good to say, ofc).
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    Sides with OP. It would be best if we kept our raging side for seasoned members ONLY.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited March 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    it's alright to bump old threads as long as it's relevant to the topic at hand. Mindless bumping is retarded, and isn't tolerated regardless of how new or old members are but bumping an old thread with something relevant to say is totally fine, if not encouraged.

That's the problem :o
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited March 2011
    Waaaa, waaa new members cant handle being criticized.

Who cares what anyone says. If you cant handle then leave

faggot
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited March 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Sides with OP. It would be best if we kept our raging side for seasoned members ONLY.

Yup. Nothing will encourage newbs to jump into the fray like seeing &T vets insulting each other. :D
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited March 2011
    this is fucking retarded :facepalm: we have 4500 members but 2800 are active :facepalm: but only the same 20 or so fuking users post here fuking totse a joke .
  • edited March 2011
    blindbat wrote: »
    this is fucking retarded :facepalm: we have 4500 members but 2800 are active :facepalm: but only the same 20 or so fuking users post here fuking totse a joke .

Well done, you can read. In case you haven't noticed, the stats don't really mean a thing. Nor does the fact that we've got about 25 very active members. We haven't even been online for a whole year yet! Why don't you understand that this is a project which will take longer than a single year to pull off?

Just give it some time and effort instead of bitching.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    blindbat wrote: »
    Well done, you can read. In case you haven't noticed, the stats don't really mean a thing. Nor does the fact that we've got about 25 very active members. We haven't even been online for a whole year yet! Why don't you understand that this is a project which will take longer than a single year to pull off?

Just give it some time and effort instead of bitching.

^This, Patience is required for this project. The longer we're online the more active it will become since all our content will get indexed by search engines and some researcher might find things from our guides and start linking it. It's not like we're going down or anything, from stats we're just climbing more and more. You build it and they will come sooner or later. Even if we do one hit wonders we won't see many regulars from it anyway.

For this to work you have too contribute daily and target people and wait for them to say hi. Thanks to social networks it's pretty hard for users to devote to forums, plus the forums I have seen are filled with shitbags and retards who don't produce anything but I mean look at Totse, we already have a cache of totse exclusive articles already.
  • edited March 2011
    I'm personally willing to invest years of time into this site, just because it's fun and I enjoy it. Years - the amount of time it's probably going to take in order to get a small community rolling. It really does take time and a shit load of effort, but it's good fun :D
  • MrBennMrBenn Regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm in for the ride too...glad I found the place :)
    edited March 2011
    I'm personally willing to invest years of time into this site, just because it's fun and I enjoy it. Years - the amount of time it's probably going to take in order to get a small community rolling. It really does take time and a shit load of effort, but it's good fun :D

I am only here until Hellish gives me the keys to Dfg's camel barn. Then I am off to the livestock auction never to be seen again.
  • edited March 2011
    MrBenn wrote: »
    I'm in for the ride too...glad I found the place :)

Great! :D I'm glad whenever anyone finds this place and decides to stick around, it's great for boosting the level of care which I have. It makes me feel like contributing more and more, as if it's having a positive effect on the site and the people within it. All's good.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited March 2011
    Im a lurker :(

no worries man, its fucking &T.

It will get all better soon.

i am here for the roller coaster.
  • edited March 2011
    Your troubles are over, you've got me full time now
    chrismuttonshuttersmeh.gif
  • OsirisOsiris Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    I'm in a perpetual state of an identity crisis, and I apologize, but I'll kick your ass. And I sure as hell ain't no quitter, I know a thing or two that will make good text files but all in good time. Time, linear or non linear? paper or plastic
  • edited July 2011
    we've got about 25 very active members.

lol
  • edited August 2011
    lol
    stfu acolyte
  • Icee WeinerIcee Weiner Regular
    edited September 2011
    Meh I'm in and out all the time (that's what she said). I've had a busy Summer with no internet and move back to school tomorrow but I plan on posting more here. When I can at least
  • jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited September 2011
    im an old totse.com user and i only just found out this site existed ... its good to be home .... it is missing something though but im sure that will work it self out
    edited September 2011
    It is missing intelligent users capable of contributing meaningful content. But hopefully, with your arrival, it just got better one user at a time. Welcome back...
  • jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited September 2011
    why thank you
  • waffleswaffles Acolyte
    edited September 2011
    i love this site, I just wish some members where more mature. It sucks digging thought 35 useless posts to find one worth reading.
  • NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited September 2011
    You blew all chance of new members staying for very long by merging most of the distinctive main forums together.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited September 2011
    waffles wrote: »
    i love this site, I just wish some members where more mature. It sucks digging thought 35 useless posts to find one worth reading.

Fourty Fucking Two

Do you know that google has had to make itself stupider to be more user friendly for retards? How the fuck does that advance the human race? This is the internet, and to find good info yuo are looking for, it helps if you have an understanding of a graph or chart at least.
  • edited September 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    Fourty Fucking Two

Do you know that google has had to make itself stupider to be more user friendly for retards?

Essentially the entire shift to GUI has been making computers "stupider" but in reality it is making them more flexible to multiple uses and demographics.
    How the fuck does that advance the human race?

You are asking how does giving 'retards' easy access to vast amounts of information advance humanity?
    You are asking how does making knowledge accessible and easier to access advance humanity?
    This is the internet, and to find good info yuo are looking for, it helps if you have an understanding of a graph or chart at least.

There are more graphs and charts right now than at any other point in history.
    They are being made by the top academics, business people and everyday jerks. I think that science has gained an incredible amount of traction through the internet and peoples general literacy of the subject has improved.

Ur a fag.