Canvas, A New Website Created by Moot

DfgDfg Admin
edited April 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I got invited by moot after I read this IAMA on Reddit. I contacted him and just few hours ago I got a personal invitation. Like always I don't plan to destroy anything or try to act like asshole. The only reason I went through the trouble of getting an invite was to see what was going on. Since most of the totseans visit 4chan I decided to give canvas ago and see what happens.

Unlike 4chan, canvas is completely different. It's an invite only community that is linked with facebook, meaning you're not really hidden from anyone. The part that interests me is the use of HTML5 editors throughout the websites. In short, it's very resource intensive I had my fair share of crashes just to edit some picture in the reply box. But still it's in beta stages so you're bound to see these problems.

What bothers me the most is the restrictions of posting. Unlike 4chan it's SFW. Meaning you will see no tits and no cp. This might be the reason why most channers wouldn't go there. Although it was some great features the basic appeal of 4chan is activity and tits.
Here is the code of conduct.
canvas.jpg

Some screenshots for you to enjoy.
canvas2.jpg
canvas3.jpg

Originally I thought it might be another competition for Totse but after having a look around, it seems Canvas appeals to a different set of users and it's in no way of actively competing with Totse. But it's nice to see we have some relaxed rules on Totse.info. It almost feels like a rare thing to have nowadays on the Internet.

Website

Oh, thanks to moot for sending the invite.

Comments