Someone stole my damn twitter name

:mad: I've always ignored twitter in the years past out of the standard spite and contempt, but I'd like to follow Norm MacDonald and a few others, so I figure I might as well check it out. :mad:

:hai: So I go to register "Vineman". A username I've had for about a decade now, and a fairly uncommon one at that. :hai:

:angry::angry: But nah. :angry::angry:

:mad: Some fuckass stole my damn username and registered that bitch. Motherfucker has two followers and doesn't post shit. What the hell, dude, stop bogarting my name. :mad:

Comments

• BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    Shit isn't even unique. :rolleyes:
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited April 2011
    hey, everyone follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/Vineman
    once i get more followers, i'll start posting!
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    I registered my account back in 2007. I always register my nick on anything new.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited April 2011
    I have had to change my online name about 5 times in the last 20 years because the one I chose became "popular". I used to be Sumitai in the early 90's. Then I had to change it to Oberon and people started swiping that. I then went to Iron Beaver figuring nobody else would want that because they would associate beaver with pussy. No luck, soon people were swiping that one too. Iron Beaver became Darth Beaver and that was soon being used at many sites. So far TheDarkRodent has lasted about 3 to 4 years so I expect it will soon be burned out too. It pisses you off (not really) but what can you do?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    ^Try using a Nick that doesn't make any sense :D
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited April 2011
    Like Dfg LOL
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Like Dfg LOL

Yep :) Its get taken on major websites pretty quickly but no one goes after it like I do.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited April 2011
    Thewanderer always gets taken, and it's always by someone who doesn't even visit the site. :mad:
  • edited April 2011
    My name is an aggregate of a semi-obscure book and my love of getting baked....

So far, no problems, but I tend to switch up my nicks fairly often anyway, so I guess that makes it irrelevant.
  • GotTwoThumbsGotTwoThumbs Regular
    edited April 2011
    the worst is when you try to register with our full name and that shits taken already. fuck how many joseph smiths are there