Storage Auctions?

PapiChuloPapiChulo Semo-Regulars
edited April 2011 in Life
Has anyone here gone to a storage auction? I am considering going to a few in the next couple of weeks to see what I can pick up.

One auction is the typical storage unit auction where you buy what's in the unit and have to clean it out in 24 hours. The other auction is selling crates of household goods from a moving company.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Any tips on what to look for?

Comments

• BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    fuck this....

If you have the money try it out. You might strike gold.
  • TSAoDTSAoD Regular
    edited April 2011
    lol did u see it on a tv show..
  • GotTwoThumbsGotTwoThumbs Regular
    edited April 2011
    I heard these are alright. my aunt has a friend who did this once and there was a shit ton of good stuff in it
  • edited April 2011
    I bet the people who run storage companies were ecstatic when that show went on the air. Tons of people will now go to auctions and try to outbid each other. I bought a pallet from an estate auction once, and found a couple of neat but otherwise useless things. Most of it was clothes, shitty clothes, they burned well though.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited April 2011
    I've heard of someone who bought a mystery crate from an auction for $10 It turned out to have a new 1943 US army Indian inside, disassembled. All the parts were grease wrapped. I'd heard stories of these bikes in storage, but thought bs until a few of them started showing up in government, police and customs auctions every now and again. And they were still in crates.
  • TraumTraum Regular
    edited April 2011
    My aunt and uncle run an Antique mall and do this sort of thing all the time. Anything from storage units to estate auctions. It's really hit or miss, sometime you make yer money back, sometimes you don't. There is always the chance of finding something worth alot though.