Marmite - Do You Love It Or Hate It?

KraneKrane Regular
edited April 2011 in Life
Personally I can't stand the stuff, it just tastes like salt to me.

marmite-love-it-or-hate-it.png

Comments

• RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Love. Great for fishing with, too ;)
  • edited April 2011
    I fucking hate that stuff. It tastes like total crap, and I hope I never have to eat it ever again.
  • edited April 2011
    I've only had Vegemite.... Didn't much care for it... I know an Aussie waitress who loves both though.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
  • edited April 2011
    On a slice of toasted sourdough bread with butter.....not bad, I like the salt but not the slight bitterness. I bought a jar to experiment with, but have yet to come up with anything other than adding a dash to my chicken broth. Are there any Marmite recipies?, or is it strictly for having on toast?

C/O
    "anchovy, marmite, bleu cheese and horseradish sandwich, I think this might just get you high"
  • KraneKrane Regular
    edited April 2011
    On a slice of toasted sourdough bread with butter.....not bad, I like the salt but not the slight bitterness. I bought a jar to experiment with, but have yet to come up with anything other than adding a dash to my chicken broth. Are there any Marmite recipies?, or is it strictly for having on toast?

C/O
    "anchovy, marmite, bleu cheese and horseradish sandwich, I think this might just get you high"

Marmite is actually been advertised in India as a curry ingredient.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited April 2011
    Is this like Vegamite? If so sucks to be American I'd like to try it.
  • edited April 2011
    Neva heard of it.

It's an Aussie/Sheep-shagger thing... U know, like Vegemite?
  • SHANE14SHANE14 Regular
    edited April 2011
    Never tried it. Love vegemite though
  • MrBennMrBenn Regular
    edited April 2011
    Awful stuff!
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited April 2011
    'Ewwww'
    ....That's all I have to say. :p
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited April 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    Love. Great for fishing with, too ;)

Iv only used it for this purpose. iv never actually ate the shit. it is actually sold in some mom&pop fishing stores as bait.
    edited April 2011
    JestA wrote: »
    Iv only used it for this purpose. iv never actually ate the shit. it is actually sold in some mom&pop fishing stores as bait.
    No Shit! :eek:
    Fresh water or salt water? I'm so gonna give it ago if it works on salt water fish. :cool:
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited April 2011
    bornkiller wrote: »
    No Shit! :eek:
    Fresh water or salt water? I'm so gonna give it ago if it works on salt water fish. :cool:

Well that was when i was in buffalo near lake erie. sturgeon like it. idk about salt water fish's. wouldn't hurt to try though.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited April 2011
    marmaduke was a decent movie :o
    edited April 2011
    JestA wrote: »
    Well that was when i was in buffalo near lake erie. sturgeon like it. idk about salt water fish's. wouldn't hurt to try though.
    We have a lake here that have some fucking huge carp. Nobody has ever fished for them on a line, Marmite loaded corn kernels. :thumbsup:
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    We have a lake here that have some fucking huge carp. Nobody has ever fished for them on a line, Marmite loaded corn kernels. :thumbsup:

Corn Kernels.

fucking fish love that corn :cool:
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited April 2011
    It's an Aussie/Sheep-shagger thing... U know, like Vegemite?

Marmite is British/New Zealand; Vegemite is Australian.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited April 2011

C/O

Marmite Recipes

Personally I wouldn't feed that crap to a starving dog.
  • edited April 2011
    Marmite Recipes

Thanks, I have the goods, so I might as well try some of these, the recipes are pretty solid, and I can tell the salt levels will be pleasingly high, I'll ready my dialysis unit and proceed.
    edited April 2011
    I fed some to my dog once. She sneezed, tried flicking it out of her mouth until it got stuck between her teeth, she sneezed more, ran outside and rolled around on the grass going crazy while saying "FUCKYOU" in dog language.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited April 2011
    I fed some to my dog once. She sneezed, tried flicking it out of her mouth until it got stuck between her teeth, she sneezed more, ran outside and rolled around on the grass going crazy while saying "FUCKYOU" in dog language.

+1 the "FUCKYOU in dog language" actually made me belly laugh. All I could see was my husky horking out that awful stuff and giving me his signature dirty look.
  • BlackTerritoryBlackTerritory New Arrival
    edited April 2011
    Hate that shit, tastes like anus.

Vegemite on the other hand is fucking awesome, :fap:, the trick is to only use a little bit. Nothing bigger than a cigarette butt sized lump per piece of toast.
  • edited April 2011
    I've sniffed it; that's as far as my interaction with it will ever go.
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited April 2011
    I've sniffed it; that's as far as my interaction with it will ever go.

Lyk u snorted it? I hear that shit gets u fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked up broooooooooo!

Serious on topic post though: I've never even heard of marmite. When I first read the thread title I thought it was some sort of rodent.