Favorite Westerns.

BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
edited April 2011 in Spurious Generalities
:)

Yesterday i stayed in all day and had a good chance to watch movies.

ON TMC 'The outlaw Josey Wales' was on.

Fucking wonderful movie. Everything about it was good, from start to finish.

Clint Eastwood is a fucking G when it came to western Flicks.

Here is 'hang em' High'

and Of Course 'Tombstone' another Instant favorite.

Lol, i love Doc holiday in Tombstone, funny character.

What are your favs?

Comments

• TSAoDTSAoD Regular
    edited April 2011
    The Good, The Bad And The Ugly is the best one.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited April 2011
    The Outlaw Josey Wales and Unforgiven are definitely two of the top ten westerns ever made and my favorite Clint Eastwood westerns. But Open Range with Duvall and Costner were right up there with both of them IMO.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited April 2011
    The Dollars trilogy are, without a doubt, some of the best cinematography (and sound track) ever. Eastwood is like the icing on the best Western cake ever baked.

Check out this scene -

Might be a copy right issue with the aove but here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PwpOmjAu1M

The love and hate a man can have for one he feels as his brother - the music - Ecstacy Of Gold - is what they shall play when everyone bows their heads in the moments before I am laid in the ground for good.

The following, final scene, shows how deep trust can be and even tho you can distrust some one, you can always trust them to be them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmdAsL1n6q4&feature=related

All of the Dollars films belong to that strange group of films - the ones you could watch every week of your life and never grow bored of - I would say that in recent time, Resevoir Dogs and to a lesser extent Pulp Fiction have coem close to being that.

The Outlaw... (another Eastwood classic) is actually a pretty deep film - Josie questioning what he was, what he idealy wants to be and what he is. Maybe the true dilema of men?

Django Kill is a strange western, again offering deep questions with a fairly sureal plot.

The thing is about westerns - and I think much of this is derived from the spaghetti westerns but carried on through from them - is the deep questions that exist in the main charecters.

Looking back 'how the west was' - people went to forge a new life in a new land with no or new laws. The western offers the ability for writers to truly portray people as how they can behave if given the chance for instinct to take over. It is combined with 'semi-civilisation' in the way most war films cannot - in war we have rules, in the West, we have only our own.

As for modern westerns, Tombstone and Young Guns 1 (and to a lesser extent 2) it close to the mark for me.